Who On This Board Thinks

Corporations exist Without People.

• Total voters
a corporation would exist without people?

First off this is a dumb fucking question, and smells of bait. That being said yes, a corporation can exist without people. Articals of incorporation can be drawn up by a another corporation, and thus a corporation exists without people.

Who here believes that corporations would exist without governments to suck off of?

If there's a competition for Stupid Thread of the Year, I nominate this one.

First of all, yes, there are corporations that exist on paper only, fronts for other operations usually operating unethically or illegally.

But that isn't even close to the point of this thread or ever so many threads on why a CEO would make a great President. The fact is that CORPORATIONS EXIST TO MAKE PROFIT. What is the point in that profit? If it's for individuals, it's a desire for a lavish lifestyle.

But what if it's for a nation? Who are the beneficiaries?

Let's say all our debt was reduced to zero, below that, even, to where we're showing a profit. Does the government CEO then give each citizen a dividend? Does the government CEO put that profit into programs? Of course not. The CEO puts some of that profit into offshore accounts and puts some in the stock market.

It's been the history in this country for CEOs to avoid upgrading and updating their businesses, choosing to keep the profits for themselves and the shareholders, even to the point of raiding employee pension funds. When the business fails, the CEO and shareholders shut down the business and walk away, leaving the employees and dependents holding the bag.

That's not a good model for running a country.

Our government isn't a business and should never be run as a for-profit business.

Also, businesses do business to make profit. Some people believe the purpose of the business is just to provide people with jobs...

I find it funny how some people believe profit should be redistributed equally amongst the employees...

Really??

It's funny how the employees risked absolutely nothing working for said company, while those who built the business invested lots of capital all on a gamble..

If an individual wants to reap the reward of successful business then they can financially invest in a successful business.

Employees should get absolutely nothing other than basic fringe benefits. If they want anything more than that then they can pony up some $$$$$$ and take a risk like anyone else that has the balls to take a gamble.

You can run your business as you see fit.

My point is that Willard is running and being looked upon as a businessman. That is not what the country needs in the Oval Office.

My hypothetical candidate of choice would be a surgeon specializing in cancer treatment.

I'm not a Romney supporter, however what this country does need is someone who understands business...

Our government should be run as a non-profit business...

Who here believes that corporations would exist without governments to suck off of?

Of course they would exist and there are many corporations who not only get nothing from the government but are continually bullied by the government.

Obama's middle name is Hussein.

The reason why WillowTree chose Hussein instead of Obama as a name to say is because the name Hussein conjures up more of a bomb-carrying, towel-head, fanatical Muslim stereotype image than the name Obama.

You can tell it's election year.. We're not allowed to call him by the name he mama gave him.. I remember that now from 2007-2008.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're allowed to call him anything you want. Ain't this country great?

But when the entire world refers to the POTUS as Obama and not Hussein, it indicates to most of us that the use of Hussein underscores a deeper implication.

cry me a river whydonchya?

I think: Not so long ago corporations were different than now. They had Presidents (of limited authority closely guided by the Boards). The Boards were closely watched and controlled by the stockholders.Now the stockholders are little more than temporary speculators buying and selling looking for the (usually) short term gain. If the President got fired he'd not get a multi million dollar settlement. CEOs are a different breed and I frankly don't understand the new thingee. It seems they are almost dictators (emperors?) and if they fail they get multi million dollar sep fees.

Corporations had a core set of narrowly defined activities normally very closely related. Now corporations are in an "acquisition frenzy" buying up totally unrelated business and turning them over for profit. R J Reynolds/Nabisco Tobacco and cookies - Sheesh

Corporations are now more in the quest for joining in on the "money is a commodity" game buying/selling/speculating.

No corporations are NOT "people" as they were.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
a corporation would exist without people?

First off this is a dumb fucking question, and smells of bait. That being said yes, a corporation can exist without people. Articals of incorporation can be drawn up by a another corporation, and thus a corporation exists without people.

then don't answer it stupid.. if you think it's bait why did you take the bait.. now who's stupid.. :cuckoo:

I think a better poll would be, "do corporations serve the people?"

I would answer yes, but some corporations such as the Freddie and Fannies, AIG, Goldman Sachs, Haliburton, Enrons, and others that receive special regulatory and other benefits that others do not have in the market place should carefully examined.

You can't blame the symptoms for the disease. The disease is corruption of our officials, regulatory system, and central bank.

Corporations don't serve the people... they serve themselves... WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY they shouldn't gain control of this country... which is exactly what they want. They want the Public sector shredded to bits and privatized.... so they have MORE to serve themselves to.. second and third helping, if you will.

That's the part that they aren't telling us.

Keep the country in the hands of the people, not the conglomerate.

Legally, yes they can.
Don't be stupid.

With no people to draw up the law, there are no corporations, stupid.

It takes a person to create a corporation, yes, but that's not what the question asked. That corporation would still exist after that person dies.
Once again, missing the point....On purpose methinks.

Corporations don't exist organically....They have to be made up by and controlled by people.

Don't be stupid.

With no people to draw up the law, there are no corporations, stupid.

It takes a person to create a corporation, yes, but that's not what the question asked. That corporation would still exist after that person dies.

Corporations don't exist organically....They have to be made up by and controlled by people.

Corporations do not exist organically, yes, but again, that's not the question. The question posed by the OP was "Who On This Board Thinks a corporation would exist without people?" Would not could. And the fact is they can exist solely on paper with no people controlling them.

Corporations do not exist organically, yes, but again, that's not the question. The question posed by the OP was "Who On This Board Thinks a corporation would exist without people?" Would not could. And the fact is they can exist solely on paper with no people controlling them.

so what kind of activities do these no people corporations conduct doyathink?

so what kind of activities do these no people corporations conduct doyathink?

Well with no employees I would imagine there aren't a lot of activities. I would also imagine you think otherwise. Please explain.

A lot of diseases probably wouldn't exist without humans either.

I guess that makes herpes a person, in the abstract as well as WillowTree.

Did you know he had hispanic heritage?

Oh and guess what...you can't have corporations without people, who the hell was the one vote LOL

I voted "no". I think you can click on the colored bars and see who voted how.

I did not know about the Hispanic Heritage.

Mitt Romney's Mexican Roots; His Father Was Born In Mexico, Could Choose Dual Citizenship :cool:

I'm pretty sure that someone claiming dual citizenship is ineligible to become president.

But perhaps Mitten could incorporate himself and then we'd have a corporation as president....that would be so cool!

Forum List

Back