Who on the right is willing to cut the military?

yeah, it couldn't be that you're a known fuckchop.

:lol::lol:

Did you just make "fuckchop" up, or is it a common colloquilaism for "Truthmatters" about which I've remained innocent?

i can't take credit for it, but i'd submit that when i think *fuckchop* i see that befuddled little dog with redeye.

Interesting, but I envision a tennis-ball-shaped dog turd.

Now that that's out of the way..

How about adding to the discussion?

The military accounts for half the discretionary spending.

What exactly are you thinking we should cut?

I will help. There are over seven hundred bases world wide.

There are several "exotic" weapon systems like missile defense..that are not needed.

Cutting the number of nukes would save a great deal of money..

Feel free..go on.

Tell us what you would be willing to cut.

/Right wing mode

F*** That you H*m*!

WE MUZT RAISE MILITARY SPENDING AND F00KING CONQUER CHINA*S STEALING B*CHES! WHILE AT IT MAKE A F*** CRATER OUT OF MIDDLE EAST.

/Right wing mod.

I would close hundreds of unnecessary bases world wide and devote 15% of their budgets to the VA and mental health screening and care for returning vets. the other 85% needs to just disappear

I'll go you one better.

Since some have expressed the opinion that it is perfectly reasonable for the STATE OF CALIFORNIA to renig on their contractual pension obligations?

How many of us here think we ought to renig on the MILITARY'S very generous retirement benefits?

Gunny?

Retired Gunny Sargent?

You down with getting screwed AFTER you've done what was asked of you?

Not many workers I know can retire after 20 years and have full medical bennies, and so forth.

No me, I think you guys are owed what you were contractually promised.

Not because I worship the military, (you know I don't) but because you fulfilled YOUR contract and so we ought to HONOR IT.

O fcourse, I also think that same justice need be meted out to EVERY PENSIONED WORKER.

And, I will remind you again that I do not have a pension coming or in place either.

So really... no skin of my nose if you or any of the pensioners are screwed by these SCROOGE McDUCK posters here who so obviously hate the American working class.

You guys just keep supporting the party of the rich fucks and just watch what happens when they REALLY take over.

You guys will be screwed.

Just like the vets are after ever bleedin war this nation has ever been in.

Ready to send others to war for lies but unwilling to take care of their wounds upon return.

I would close hundreds of unnecessary bases world wide and devote 15% of their budgets to the VA and mental health screening and care for returning vets. the other 85% needs to just disappear

Mental health screening for returning vets? Is that because you buy Pelosi's theory that returning vets might be terrorists?

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

As far as the military goes, we should close most of our bases in foreign countries and place those forces and equipment on our own borders so the military can do what it was meant to do; defend the country.

We should still be researching and producing the best most deadly weapons and not share them with anyone so as to safeguard our superiority.

I'll go you one better.

Since some have expressed the opinion that it is perfectly reasonable for the STATE OF CALIFORNIA to renig on their contractual pension obligations?

How many of us here think we ought to renig on the MILITARY'S very generous retirement benefits?

As always mention the words "cut the budget" and everyone jumps to the conclusion that this means "eliminate the budget," and then extrapolates that to "eliminate the most popular buget item."

This is a useful defensive strategy for all bloated bureaucracy for which a major portion of their budget is insuring that the budget remains inflated. They have battalions of workers producing position papers designed for media distribution that demonstrate using a variety of statistical smoke and mirrors, that ANY reduction in a budget will have an adverse impact on Nature, Children, Their Mothers, Owles, the Atmosphere, Blacks, the Homeless Dwarfs, and every other possible sob-story that can be told in two minutes on NBC, CBS, and ABC.

There is one thing I would take "off the table".

Veteran's benefits.

Why?

Why, indeed? Our service men and women put a hell of a lot of sacrifice on the line. They are in fact government employees. Their wounds, injuries, sometime illnesses, loss of hearing, loss of vision, loss of limbs are all ON-THE-JOB events. They deserve their benefits for a job well done.

How are we, as civilians, who have on-the-job accidents or injuries entitled to workman's compensation benefits, but service people are not entitled to their benefits? How would it be if workman's comp was done away with? Would you be angry? Yes.

Forum List

Back