Who on earth decided to refer the Kennedys as the American royals??

Feb 15, 2004
Just wondering about that one. America has no royalty, why should they? Their last King was well over two hundred years ago yet Americans are obsessed with this family to the point of refering to them as royal....aside from royal pain the ass....why are they thought of as royal? Is it the money? The power? The greed? The cheating? The lying? - I am sure I can find something pleasant in this -

Originally posted by winston churchi
Just wondering about that one. America has no royalty, why should they? Their last King was well over two hundred years ago yet Americans are obsessed with this family to the point of refering to them as royal....aside from royal pain the ass....why are they thought of as royal? Is it the money? The power? The greed? The cheating? The lying? - I am sure I can find something pleasant in this -

It sells tabloids, duh. We have no Kings, Queens, princes, etc to gab about endlessly for no fucking reason. No one wants a monarchy in the traditional sense. They want the modern monarchy. No power, but the Glam of Hollywood. Which is why the KEnnedy's garnered this distinction. One of the First Presidents to be seen on TV regularly, JFK boosted that "Image" as royalty through no fault of his own. It was just the perception. So that is why they have been immortalized as such. That and he got shot and so did his brother. So again it sells tabloids.

Originally posted by winston churchi

The media-who else? I don't know if it's the American people that are so taken by them or the members of the elite liberal media. It sure as hell isn't me!

Forum List

Back