Who needs your $ more?

$445 for zero hours worked... more than I make per hour
And don't think that those same people are not also receiving other 'benefits' toward food, housing, etc

What does it say when working people are not making it? Maybe that their decisions, choices, work ethic, skills development, etc are not what they should be and maybe they have to take the personal gumption to do better for themselves, for it is their responsibility to do so.

Typical blame the victim mentality of the right wing....

Welfare recipients are getting rich off of $100 a week. Let the family and children starve and sleep under an overpass. It is their own fault because they are lazy

If your job pays $10 an hour and you earn $20,000 a year, it is your own fault because you are obviously lazy and made bad life choices

The fact is that lower working class families used to be able to support a family on the wages of one family worker. Since the Reagan revolution, lower middle class families have been squeezed out of sharing in available wealth while the upper wealthy classes have seen significant increases in their pay and assets

Typical diversionary tactic by the far left

Nobody said the welfare 'recipients' are getting rich.. but that they are getting something for their personal needs and responsibilities, for nothing

So I take it that you working a 20K a year job is someone else's fault? They got poor grades to get you that job, or they had bad work ethic, or they did not obtain extra training, or that they refused to take a job further away, or that they refuse to take a drug test for a job, or any more in the list of reasons??

You are not entitled to 'share the wealth' of others... however you have the freedom to earn as much as your abilities, efforts, risks, decisions, actions, or whatever else, take you to

So I take it that you working a 20K a year job is someone else's fault? They got poor grades to get you that job, or they had bad work ethic, or they did not obtain extra training, or that they refused to take a job further away, or that they refuse to take a drug test for a job, or any more in the list of reasons??

Maybe they are not that bright, maybe they are disabled, maybe they live in an area with high unemployment and low wages ....

Not everyone can go to college, there are not enough high paying jobs for every worker, someone has to do the menial work.

Is your position that they should go hungry or live in the streets because they cannot find a better paying job?

Typical blame the victim mentality of the right wing....

Welfare recipients are getting rich off of $100 a week. Let the family and children starve and sleep under an overpass. It is their own fault because they are lazy

If your job pays $10 an hour and you earn $20,000 a year, it is your own fault because you are obviously lazy and made bad life choices

The fact is that lower working class families used to be able to support a family on the wages of one family worker. Since the Reagan revolution, lower middle class families have been squeezed out of sharing in available wealth while the upper wealthy classes have seen significant increases in their pay and assets

Typical diversionary tactic by the far left

Nobody said the welfare 'recipients' are getting rich.. but that they are getting something for their personal needs and responsibilities, for nothing

You are not entitled to 'share the wealth' of others... however you have the freedom to earn as much as your abilities, efforts, risks, decisions, actions, or whatever else, take you to

Maybe they are not that bright, maybe they are disabled, maybe they live in an area with high unemployment and low wages ....

Not everyone can go to college, there are not enough high paying jobs for every worker, someone has to do the menial work.

Is your position that they should go hungry or live in the streets because they cannot find a better paying job?

So because someone is not bright, or 'disabled', they are inherently entitled to the possessions of others?? Why stop there?? Hey, they're ugly, and ugly people get lower paying jobs, force others to give to them.... Hey, they're of a particular race, and demographics show that race is not earning as much in average salary, let's take from others and give to them too!! Hey, you choose to stay where you are when jobs have dried up, let's just give you want you want or 'need'!! Hey, you really don't WANT To do a job you don't like, so let's just hand you from what is collected from others, so you don't HAVE to work that job to support yourself. Awwww, what's that, you don't FEEL like working a 2nd or 3rd job to take care of your needs, well, let's just take from others who did what they had to do all along the way and made successes of themselves.

No... you are wrong... everyone has the same freedom to go to college, or to train for their careers, or to make decisions pertaining to what they do to support themselves in a career or job.... not everyone will have the same results... we do not have government existing to equalize results or ensure equal outcomes in personal lives.... we do have a government that is to ensure the freedoms of every citizen to make of themselves what they will

I do not like to see anyone go hungry or homeless or whatever... but that does not mean they are OWED it for nothing... which is why I support voluntary charity... for I can give as I wish, to the charity or cause that I wish... those who want or need a leg up can ask and approach for assistance... whether it be a temporary tide-me-over, or whether it be something that they also have to give back of themselves... but it is not given simply because they want it... you can't take care of yourself, you're a ward of the state, losing all privileges that normally go along with that designation... and yes, there are a select few that cannot take care of themselves and have no family or friends to fall back on... and they have been taken in to state homes and institutions, but they certainly don't have the freedom to just do as they please when they are committed as wards of the state

What you don't seem to realize is that the vast majority on assistance are not helpless....

More support of selective equality... equal treatment when it benefits your or the cause you 'like', and unequal treatment when it benefits you or the cause you 'like'

What DiamondDave is saying here is spot on. A moral society does take care of the truly helpless and offers a hand up to those who need it. It is the role of family, neighbors, good people responding to calls for help, churches, charitable organizations, foundations etc. who provide that care for the helpless and offer a hand up to those who need it. In a moral society, no one has a right to be involuntarily served by another.

A moral society also requires its citizens to do for themselves what they can do and embraces freedom. It does not condone involuntary servitude where one person, through no fault of his/her own, is required to serve another.

And I think history has proved that in a free society, the federal government cannot require one person to involuntarily serve another without corrupting both those in government and those who receive such benefits.

Forum List

Back