Who Needs the Big 3? Atlanta Company Plans New Police Car

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
GREENVILLE, S.C. — Straight out of a Hollywood movie, the "E7" may be the police car of the future.

"You think about Knight Rider and all these fictional characters," said William Santana Li, chairman and CEO of the Atlanta-based Carbon Motors Corporation. "This car is actually real."

A prototype model of the E7 is on a nine-city U.S. tour, as Carbon Motors executives market the car to law enforcement officials and municipal fleet managers.

FOXNews.com - Who Needs the Big 3? Atlanta Company Plans New Police Car - FOX Car Report

Oh goody goody gumdrops,, another car company! :eusa_pray:

A special duty vehicle with a price tag that you and I cannot afford. However, I bet the engine is a Mercedes, from the sound of the horsepower and fuel economy.

A special duty vehicle with a price tag that you and I cannot afford. However, I bet the engine is a Mercedes, from the sound of the horsepower and fuel economy.

they can only fill so many orders for police cars, don't you think it's just a matter of time before they start producing for the masses?

I met a programmer who had to leave a California automative company start-up a few years ago because they were going out of business. I don't remember the company name, but I do remember him saying that it was virtually impossible to compete with the Big 3 in America. Perhaps now these start-ups can... Unless, of course, they become nationalized companies or get the bail-out. In that case, free enterprise in the American automotive industry will come to an end.

I would LOVE to see a new start-up automobile company, but there are soooo many regulations that you have to meet as far as safety and fuel economy and what materials are allowed and which ones aren't, it's nearly impossible unless you're a multi, multi billionaire.

I met a programmer who had to leave a California automative company start-up a few years ago because they were going out of business. I don't remember the company name, but I do remember him saying that it was virtually impossible to compete with the Big 3 in America. Perhaps now these start-ups can... Unless, of course, they become nationalized companies or get the bail-out. In that case, free enterprise in the American automotive industry will come to an end.

The big 3 have stopped potential US based competitors for years and years. No one lifted a finger.

No bail out!

Forum List

Back