Who needs foodstamps? D.C. Schools offer 3 meals a day

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
D.C. public schools have started serving an early dinner to an estimated 10,000 students, many of whom are now receiving three meals a day from the system as it expands efforts to curb childhood hunger and poor nutrition.

Free and reduced-price breakfast and lunch long have been staples in most urban school systems. But the District is going a step further in 99 of its 123 schools and reaching nearly a quarter of its total enrollment. Montgomery and Prince George's counties also offer a third meal of the day in some schools but not on the scale undertaken in the city.

The program, which will cost the school system about $5.7 million this year, comes at a time of heightened concern aboutchildhood poverty in the city. Census data show that the poverty rate among black children is 43 percent, up from 31 percent in 2007 and significantly higher than national rates.

washingtonpost.com

What they really should do is take the children from birth, feed them and set up cribs and cots in the public schools. Then the teachers will be able to help them with their homework and make sure they get enough rest. After the children are potty trained, literate, and have completed 12 years of school, they can return home to their families - if they still want them. :evil:

If you can't feed em; don't breed em.

Good point. And of course there would have to be a separate "smush room" for those who need to engage in teen sex. It's only natural, after all.

Let me guess ~

the Crack Ho baby-mamas are selling off their kids food stamps and letting the kids go hungry?

CRIPES!!!

Actually, if they ENDED the food stamp program, I'd be all for this.

Me too. But what are they doing with the foodstamps? Buying filet mignon for the adults? Or like you said, "selling them"? They are throwaway children, and the parents should be investigated for not feeding them.

D.C. public schools have started serving an early dinner to an estimated 10,000 students, many of whom are now receiving three meals a day from the system as it expands efforts to curb childhood hunger and poor nutrition.

Free and reduced-price breakfast and lunch long have been staples in most urban school systems. But the District is going a step further in 99 of its 123 schools and reaching nearly a quarter of its total enrollment. Montgomery and Prince George's counties also offer a third meal of the day in some schools but not on the scale undertaken in the city.

The program, which will cost the school system about $5.7 million this year, comes at a time of heightened concern aboutchildhood poverty in the city. Census data show that the poverty rate among black children is 43 percent, up from 31 percent in 2007 and significantly higher than national rates.

washingtonpost.com

What they really should do is take the children from birth, feed them and set up cribs and cots in the public schools. Then the teachers will be able to help them with their homework and make sure they get enough rest. After the children are potty trained, literate, and have completed 12 years of school, they can return home to their families - if they still want them. :evil:

If you can't feed em; don't breed em.

are you aware a lot of people have fallen on hard times? are you aware that a lot of families that had no trouble a few years ago are having hard time now....

that is what i love about conservatives....they hate abortion but have no problem starving kids ....

anytime i see that....if you cant feed em dont breed em....i know i am listening to an idiot

be careful on your high horses people....you never know when hard times will come your way

why dont you object to corporate welfare.....

Oh, nobody needs to be reminded Obama is making many new poor people.

But paying less taxes is not welfare.

Is it a coincidence that the biggest nutrition disasters are among kids or people already on government food assistance?

Not my area of expertise. But throwaway children are. Kids who aren't be fed by parents who find money for smokes, clubs, tattoos, weed, and of course cell phones for their teenagers. School supplies and meals are somebody's else's responsibility I suppose.

These giveaways never "go away" bones. Hard times or not, this will become standard practice around the country. With after school programs and homework help, raising a kid today can be a piece of cake. Why not have dozens?

So, we should not teach sex ed in schools. We should not demonstrate condom use. We should make abortions illegal. And we should take our vengeance out on the children born into unfortunate circumstances.

In the mean time, we should criminalize homosexuals. We should openly discriminate against anyone different from WASPs. We should eliminate any housing subsidies. We should eliminate unemployment insurance and Social Security. We dare not reform health care so it is more affordable and/or accessible.

Conservatism: a political ideology not linked to anything resembling compassion.

Watch what comes next. They'll call themselves "Christian" and "charitable"! Oh, the irony.

Make up my mind about what? I have ENORMOUS compassion for starving kids. It's their fucked up parents that I have problems with. (and yes I know they aren't all fucked up. Just most of them)

Seems that way. In fact, in liberal la-la land, infanticide up until the age of two is considered late term pregnancy termination.

Adoption is too damn "Christian" like.

Forum List

Back