Who needs a law?

Aint no free speech on a blog. The owner can establish anything he wishes.

The 1st Amendment only protects free speech from the US .gov. Local organizations and communities restrict speech all the time and it's legal.

Unless they can prove he was communicating a threat, or broke a local (where his computer is) law against using a computer to be stupid.........

Bottom line is that I think they ought to leave the guy alone. Slapping the blog owner is doable though.

Aint no free speech on a blog. The owner can establish anything he wishes.

The 1st Amendment only protects free speech from the US .gov. Local organizations and communities restrict speech all the time and it's legal.

Unless they can prove he was communicating a threat, or broke a local (where his computer is) law against using a computer to be stupid.........

Bottom line is that I think they ought to leave the guy alone. Slapping the blog owner is doable though.

I disagree with THAT also. He conveyed no specific threat and there is no evidence he even meant what he said. Further his job is in jeapordy for posting an OPINION on a board under an alias.

He broke no laws, he did not use his position to threaten anyone. Using this as precedent I guess I should sue certain members here for liable. I should bring legal charges against a few of our loony tunes members for making specific threats to me and my family. ( even though they clearly have no idea who I really am or who my family is, much less where we live)

He should hire an attorney and sue the police for violating HIS rights, for false arrest and for harrassment. He should demand to know who made the false claims and sue them as well AND he should take legal action against his employer for suspending him, even with pay, for a non crime.

He should also take legal action against the blog owner for disclosing his privacy on such a spurious claim.

I disagree with THAT also. He conveyed no specific threat and there is no evidence he even meant what he said. Further his job is in jeapordy for posting an OPINION on a board under an alias.

He broke no laws, he did not use his position to threaten anyone. Using this as precedent I guess I should sue certain members here for liable. I should bring legal charges against a few of our loony tunes members for making specific threats to me and my family. ( even though they clearly have no idea who I really am or who my family is, much less where we live)

He should hire an attorney and sue the police for violating HIS rights, for false arrest and for harrassment. He should demand to know who made the false claims and sue them as well AND he should take legal action against his employer for suspending him, even with pay, for a non crime.

He should also take legal action against the blog owner for disclosing his privacy on such a spurious claim.
For once I agree with you. The school has a right to disipline him for his conduct, but he has done nothing for which he should be criminally charged.

Shades of 1984, indeed.

Works for me.

I absolutely disagree with this guy being arrested for comments made on a blog. I don't care how reviled and distasteful his comments he should not be arrested for expressing his opinion or conveying sarcasm and satyr online. Sure, his isp could close his account.. Sure, his words could haunt his personal life... But being arrested for online speech?

no way.

Really, his comments are no worse than any other lampooning of any other issue.

Washington County District Attorney Todd Martens is considering whether to charge Buss with disorderly conduct and unlawful use of computerized communication systems.

"If you look at all the factors in this case, it's pretty clear it would be a mistake to charge," said Larry Dupuis, legal director of The American Civil Liberties Union of Wisconsin. "At worst, it was somebody expressing admiration for somebody who did something reprehensible. But the more reasonable explanation is this is somebody who is trying to mock the conservative view of teacher salaries."

The guy is a moron, but that's something he will have to live with. He certainly shouldn't be prosecuted. That's just sick. It shouldn't even be contemplated.

As for his private cause of action against his IP provider, that's what the admin was fighting to do away with when it said it wanted to protect companies which give out our personal information without a warrant ... you know, like the phone company; our IP providers; employers... " yadda, yadda, yadda.

Welcome to the world of the "Patriot Act" and warrantless searches.

Forum List

Back