Who Loves Oscar Night? Me!

and yet, if you're not interested, it's so easy not to watch.... and not to discuss it.

you know, instead of trolling a perfectly nice thread. :rolleyes:

Some like it----Some don't.
Where are we getting the idea that if you have an opposing viewpoint that you have to take it elsewhere ?
As if you don't pop into threads from time to disagree. :lol:

you seem to have a habit though of trolling any thread that might possibly be fun. i don't know if it's bitterness on your part or just spite.

i don't go to the coffee shop and start insulting people there just because hanging out there isn't my cup of tea.

Does it have to be bitterness and/or spite ? Are they the only options here ? :(

I'm not real fond of Oscar during the day.

oscar50.jpg

The Movie .. Inception .. ticked me off..

Too many levels... hurts my brain...:blowup:

i haven't seen it yet. the only one of the films i saw was The Social Network.

I like to go to movies and be entertained, not a lot of thinking just absorbing..

I suppose in you like to figure things out, use your brain matter, it's a fine movie..

I didn't feel ripped off by it... Lots of people seem to love it..

(I believe...you'd figure it out pretty quick though..)

Last edited:
The Movie .. Inception .. ticked me off..

Too many levels... hurts my brain...:blowup:

I like to go to movies and be entertained, not a lot of thinking just absorbing..

I suppose in you like to figure things out, use your brain matter, it's a fine movie..

thanks. i don't know. sometimes i like just being entertained, sometimes i like being made to think.... i love movies that have a bit of a supernatural touch to them.

thanks. i don't know. sometimes i like just being entertained, sometimes i like being made to think.... i love movies that have a bit of a supernatural touch to them.

Yup.. I like the... Magic... in movies and life.

When they announced Hooper for Best Director, it was a foregone conclusion that The King's Speech would win Best Picture. King's Speech was the favorite going into the night, but I was so sure David Fincher would win Best Director. King's Speech is clearly the front-runner tonight.

And it should be, it's head and shoulders better than The Social Network.

My biggest disappointment of the night? I have two:

- How to Train Your Dragon not winning Best Animated Feature. I knew it wouldn't, but I was not all that impressed with Toy Story 3.

- Michelle Williams not winning Best Actress. Again, I knew she wouldn't. I LOVED Natalie Portman in Black Swan, but Michelle Williams was so much more real in Blue Valentine. The story in Blue Valentine is one of the most heart-wrenching I've ever seen, and her role in it was fantastic. She deserves an Oscar, and she will get one someday.

Heck.. I only saw.. Inception

What's this, "10 Best Movies" thing...seems quite inflated..

How do you feel about a bunch of self-serving and self-indulgent, detached-from-actual-reality people sitting around giving one another reputation on a discussion board?

:redface:

I love it, and I am hoping for a life time achievement award some day.

My wife and I are watching and I can't believe almost 2.5 hours have passed.

Also, when did Scarlet Johansson start doing heroin? She looked terrible!

I just loved the color of that dress on her. She is stunning.

Forum List

Back