Who loves nut butter ?

Douger

Rookie
Jun 25, 2009
Not fucking there !
:eek::eek::tongue:
It's raining like a bitch, again(17 daze straight) so I'm waiting for my guys to show up.The coffee pot is cranked and I went last evening and bought some Macadamia butter and crushed nuts for their toast this morning.
Peanut, Pecan, Macadamia and even Brazil nuts (******* toes) all make some good nut butter.

• Banned
I forgot cashew:eusa_clap:. It's called maranon down this way.They've been out of season since August so it's macadamia and pejibaye (Bactris gasipaes)time now.

I love almond butter. Haven't ever tried the others mentioned... They are supposed to be super foods, though, so there are many potential benefits unfound in other foods.

Super foods are all over the rain forests.........for now.
They sure are!

Speaking of Brazil Nuts, they have a little nutrition secret for heart health and some immunity against carcinogens inside:

Brazil Nut Nutrition Facts
serving size, 1 oz, 6 nuts

calories: 185
fat: 19 g
saturated fat: 4 g
fiber: 2 g
carbs: 3 g
protein: 4 g
Thiamin: 12% RDA
Iron: 4% RDA
Magnesium: 27% RDA
Phosphorus: 20% RDA
Potassium: 5% RDA
Zinc: 8% RDA
Copper: 25% RDA
Manganese: 17% RDA
Selenium: 774% RDA

*The importance of selenium in the human diet was discovered in 1979. Chinese scientists showed that children living in selenium-deficient areas were suffering from a cardiomyopathy known as Keshan disease. The symptoms of the disease were reversed when selenium was added to the diet. These discoveries led to expansive research investigating further unknown roles of selenium within the human body. The massive influx of selenium research led to the establishment of dietary recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO). In accordance with the WHO a Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) was established for the element in 1989.[ii]

Selenium is a potent immune stimulator – the most potent immune stimulator of all some think. Selenium is an essential component of thyroid metabolism and antioxidant defense, as well as immune function. It may improve activation and proliferation of B- lymphocytes and enhance T-cell function.[iii] Selenium is essential for our immune system to function at optimal performance. Thus we should not be surprised to find out thosecancer patients with low selenium levels tend to have a wider spread of the disease, more recurrences and die sooner.[iv]

Selenium

:)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back