Who listens to Rush?

Do you listen to Rush Limbaugh and agree or disagree with him?

• Total voters
Many of the replies above are in same league as Limbaugh's idiocy: Name calling and senseless rants. Amazing how dialogue so quickly deteriorates into ad hominem uselessness.
But we already established the fact debate is not rational so I guess unless you already agree with me, we will not agree. ;) http://www.usmessageboard.com/science-and-technology/166739-reason-is-not-rational.html

But allow me a criticism of Rush, Rush blames 'liberals and their sidekicks democrats' for all that is bad in the world of Rush. How does that differ from blaming immigrants, Blacks, Jews, Spics, or the people on the other side of the tracks for all that is bad? Where does it get us? Like taxes and government blame, we still have to live and provide and hopefully have opportunity and productive work. So here's my criticism of Rush and his ilk, nothing he says is productive, it is like schoolyard children calling names, or gangs calling names, or white nationalists calling names, doesn't do a damn bit of positive. But Rush makes big money which I have read supports his fancy car, wine, and lifestyle very nicely but HE DOES NOTHING FOR AMERICA THAT COULD BE LABELED PRODUCTIVE. Have you ever heard him say buy American? Or that business needs help? Or children need an education? Am I being naive here? You answer, for sure as hell Limbaugh is useless in the real world unless maybe you sell fancy cars and expensive cigars and wine.

Rush, Newspeak and Fascism: An exegesis: I: Projecting Fascism
Campaign For Liberty — The Fascism of Rush Limbaugh

Last edited:
Listen or not, you gotta give the guy creidt. He said way back in February of 2009 that the Obama administration would be a model of epic fAiL and that his poll numbers would fall like a stone in water. Said in early 2010 that Obama would likely eclipse Jimmy Carter in terms of historical decline in America.

Like him or hate him........the guy was 100% accurate.

Only the hopelessly duped term his analysis of the political landscape as "senseless rants". And they do that because they know they are losing.:fu:

August 15, 2011
Obama's Weekly Job Approval at 40%, Lowest of AdministrationObama drops to 39% Aug. 11-13, lowest three-day average to date

http://www.gallup.com/poll/149003/Obama-Weekly-Job-Approval-Lowest-Administration.aspx

president_jimmy_carter_nigeria.jpg

Last edited:
Many of the replies above are in same league as Limbaugh's idiocy: Name calling and senseless rants. Amazing how dialogue so quickly deteriorates into ad hominem uselessness.
But we already established the fact debate is not rational so I guess unless you already agree with me, we will not agree. ;) http://www.usmessageboard.com/science-and-technology/166739-reason-is-not-rational.html

But allow me a criticism of Rush, Rush blames 'liberals and their sidekicks democrats' for all that is bad in the world of Rush. How does that differ from blaming immigrants, Blacks, Jews, Spics, or the people on the other side of the tracks for all that is bad? Where does it get us? Like taxes and government blame, we still have to live and provide and hopefully have opportunity and productive work. So here's my criticism of Rush and his ilk, nothing he says is productive, it is like schoolyard children calling names, or gangs calling names, or white nationalists calling names, doesn't do a damn bit of positive. But Rush makes big money which I have read supports his fancy car, wine, and lifestyle very nicely but HE DOES NOTHING FOR AMERICA THAT COULD BE LABELED PRODUCTIVE. Have you ever heard him say buy American? Or that business needs help? Or children need an education? Am I being naive here? You answer, for sure as hell Limbaugh is useless in the real world unless maybe you sell fancy cars and expensive cigars and wine.

Rush, Newspeak and Fascism: An exegesis: I: Projecting Fascism
Campaign For Liberty — The Fascism of Rush Limbaugh

:cuckoo: Some people live in their own little world, Sad really... How do you function in the real world?

No

Not since he had a show on TV in the mid-late 80's.

He was funny as all get out back then. Seems since he got off the pills he's gotten bitter.

I remember when Rush did shows with an old high powered cell phone strapped to his head to prove that they don't cause cancer, brain damage, or ear problems.

Later Rush lost his hearing, got addicted to pain meds & turned bitter. I remain unconvinced cell phones are harmless.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4yogtXvFh8"]Rush Limbaugh TV- Tapes Cell Phone to His Head[/ame]

Last edited:
Hot off the presses! Cell phones cause bitterness in middle aged white males!!

That is because their wives/significant others can reach them wherever they happen to be and demand that they leave that place to come home and watch the kids.

Immie

I looked at the poll results...so, how does one not listen and not agree....or not listen and agree
:eusa_eh:

Well, this was mentioned early on in the thread.

For me, I have listened to him before. I have not listened in quite some time. Probably four or five years. However, I seem to get daily updates from his detractors as to what he is saying lately. So, I don't have to listen to him to know what he is talking about today.

Make sense?

Immie

actually Immie no, not to me, I don't read rush snippets becasue I don't go to his site to seek context, minus going there or to any site to read the entire paragraph of a given snippet, etc. to get a feel for what they were saying aside from the 2 sentence red meat snippets usually posted here, doesn't give me a enough to make a justified determination either way.

I looked at the poll results...so, how does one not listen and not agree....or not listen and agree
:eusa_eh:

Well, this was mentioned early on in the thread.

For me, I have listened to him before. I have not listened in quite some time. Probably four or five years. However, I seem to get daily updates from his detractors as to what he is saying lately. So, I don't have to listen to him to know what he is talking about today.

Make sense?

Immie

actually Immie no, not to me, I don't read rush snippets becasue I don't go to his site to seek context, minus going there or to any site to read the entire paragraph of a given snippet, etc. to get a feel for what they were saying aside from the 2 sentence red meat snippets usually posted here, doesn't give me a enough to make a justified determination either way.

That is understandable, but as I said, I have listened to him before. I don't believe his philosophy has changed all that much... except maybe he is a little quieter when it comes to berating drug users these days?

So, I do not listen to him now but I have in the past and yes, I generally do agree with his point of view but not necessarily his solutions to those issues.

Immie

If it's not public many fringe liberals will vote they listen and agree just to attack... Sadly that is a truth here on these boards.

Rush beats on his followers like a drum and takes their $$$. He is the drugged Pied Piper of the far righty ratsos.
Jake, how does he take their money? Products he advertises? His own product Tea, which needs a willing purchaser? His web-page membership?

Maybe he commands $30,800/head fee just to see him in person?

President Obama to headline $30,800-a-head DNC bash in Harlem; at least one local fundraiser balks - New York Daily News

Immie

Rush beats on his followers like a drum and takes their $$$. He is the drugged Pied Piper of the far righty ratsos.
Jake, how does he take their money? Products he advertises? His own product Tea, which needs a willing purchaser? His web-page membership?

Maybe he commands $30,800/head fee just to see him in person?

President Obama to headline $30,800-a-head DNC bash in Harlem; at least one local fundraiser balks - New York Daily News

Immie
Exactly Immie; Rush appearances are free to the public, or if there is a charge for an event the procedes go to the original cause, not to Rush. Every year he does a three hour lukemia curathon show during which he donates some large sum to that; last year I think it was $400,000, and the donations from listeners were comparable. Each year he does that he increases his own donation by 50 or a hundred K. He also does an event for the Marine Corps/Law enforcement charity (for survivors of Marine and Law Enforcement dead) for the education of their surviving children. He give a similarly large donation for that and gets results from his listeners.

Last edited:
The best thing about Rush IMO is he knows liberals like a book and routinely beats them like a drum.

Folks who listen regularly know exactly what I mean. Often, either right before or following something he's said, he predicts liberals' reaction to it. How they will miss quote him or leave out the context in which he said it, etc. And the fun irony is afterwards that's exactly what they do, and then he'll play audio of their response or read what they've written and just make complete fools out of them. And the irony of the irony is the dumb bastards never learn.

You do realize he cherry-picks those responses, don't you? Undoubtedly there are many that get what says right AND have meaningful responses. Of course, Rush would never read them. If he's constantly reading ridiculous responses, you know it's a SCAM.

Oh, really? Well, be sure to come back and let us know when some lefty has a meaningful response to something Rush said vs. predicted response(s).

Forum List

Back