Who listens to Rush?

Do you listen to Rush Limbaugh and agree or disagree with him?

• Total voters
there is no choice for, I don't listen and have not the foggiest idea what hes saying, till I come here and see snippets..:lol:

I thought about adding a "Rush who?" response, but figured that would grab the reply of all the jokers we have on site and would skew the results so I deleted it before I made the post.

Immie

I catch him when I can. Usually dont have the time though. But he's usually right or atleast has a viewpoint worth thinking about.

Poll coming!

I constantly read people talking about what Rush Limbaugh says. But, every time I do, the people who tell me what he says are liberals.

I don't listen to Rush. Did for a while, but, he turns me off.

So, I want to know

Do you listen to Rush and do you consider yourself to be in agreement with Rush or opposed to Rush.

I've listen to Rush a time or three, but I can't stand him. Not for his philosophy or ideology (although what I have read of his statements makes me think I mostly disagree with him) but the way he runs his show. Listening to him speak, the few times I've done it, made me seriously wonder if he was high or drunk. He seemed unable to bring a thought to completion, going off on tangents almost at random. Add to that the fact I can't stand the political talking head ideologues, whatever political stripe they might come from, and I had to vote that I don't listen and don't agree.

I'll admit to the possibility that if I listened to him on a regular basis, I might find myself in agreement with him, but I think it's unlikely.

Extremists are by definition morons.

Speaking of which, if one doesn't listen to him, how do you know if you agree with him or not?

Where's the "I don't listen to him or any of these other blathering media morons, whether they're "left wing" or "right wing" - ?

Extremists are by definition morons.

Speaking of which, if one doesn't listen to him, how do you know if you agree with him or not?

Where's the "I don't listen to him or any of these other blathering media morons, whether they're "left wing" or "right wing" - ?

First question was answered earlier in the thread.

Second question not sure their is room in the field for all of those characters.

Immie

I'll listen to his show, seems to be very Republican in nature, i dont like how he seems to ignore some important issues butt Dr Savage always comes through with the red meat im looking for.

I want someone conservative who is critical of both Democrats and Republicans and thats Dr Savage.

:tank:

Jason Lewis Show

Last edited:
There is the problem in that he has maxed out on his audience. Listening to him these days you hear a bit of desperation in holding on to advertisers and his creative juices have gone stale and dry.

Which is not to say he is totally out of it. He is still way better than any of his copycats or the folks who try to steal his thunder.

He has something to loose now, and that makes him less daring and innovative. Back in the day he was more willing to be daring and fun. His show started up with him dealing with desperate radio station which was willing to risk it all on a goofball who drove across country in a ancient VW beetle.

To be totally honest and for what it's worth, really the only time I hear about Rush these days is from those clips Media Matters posts on their website and then liberals spam blogs and message boards with showing how awful he is. It's funny because liberals claim conservatives love Rush so much, and yet much of his presence outside of AM talk radio is specifically due to audio clips they've dutifully archived and fussed about over the years. Good going, liberals.

I used to listen to him back when he was funny and less extreme. He was pretty creative back then. Now he's just another boring hack.

There's no money in 'funny and less extreme'.

That was back when he made all his money. He's at the desperation phase now, just gettin more and more shock jock and hanging on amidst all the other Rush copy cats.

Hate to ruin your story line but Rush is making piles of money today. And now he's "hanging on amidst all the other Rush copy cats" (sic)? You have any clue about the size of his audience?

To be totally honest and for what it's worth, really the only time I hear about Rush these days is from those clips Media Matters posts on their website and then liberals spam blogs and message boards with showing how awful he is. It's funny because liberals claim conservatives love Rush so much, and yet much of his presence outside of AM talk radio is specifically due to audio clips they've dutifully archived and fussed about over the years. Good going, liberals.

Exactly! That is where I get my "Rush News" these days.

If it weren't for all the liberals telling me the awful things Rush has been saying, I would think maybe he had gone off the air. That's kind of why I started the thread. I didn't really expect the number of "I listen to him and generally agree with him" responses.

Immie

Option 5

I do not listen to Rush, and could care less what his opinions are.

Just wish his admirers would be consistent. When he says something they like, he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but when he says something stupid, he's "just an entertainer". :confused:

Forum List

Back