who likes the u.n.

is the u.n doing enough ??

• yes they are

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • no they are not

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters
Is the UN perfect?

Faar from it...it is still a political body. However, what alternative do you have for resolving international issues. By the way, it was the UN that stopped N Korea in the first place

When has the UN ever resolved a international Issue? I am not being a dick. I really want to know what international Issue you think the UN has ever solved.

They have solved tens of thousands of international issues. Not all have been earth shattering by your standards but many involve health issues, food production, sharing of resources, education, child welfare, international custody....
Is this what the UN considers child welfare?

When has the UN ever resolved a international Issue? I am not being a dick. I really want to know what international Issue you think the UN has ever solved.

They have solved tens of thousands of international issues. Not all have been earth shattering by your standards but many involve health issues, food production, sharing of resources, education, child welfare, international custody....

Now that's funny stuff. The USA provides medicine, food, resources, education, child welfare, etc and etc much more than the UN ever thought of. It is very ignorant to give the UN credit for doing far less than the USA has done for others over the history of our nation.

Do you understand what international issues are? It does not involve handing out CARE packages. The UN is involved in ensuring international cooperation in sharing medical breakthroughs, health initiatives, sharing farming technologies.
There are a billion starving people in the world and the UN has a key role in removing international impediments to feeding the masses

No wonder the Conservatives want to shut it down

Bullshit. It was the USA that stopped N. Korea. Do you moonbats ever read a history book?

It was the US along with a coalition of the willing

Bullshit. The USA told China to stop or we were going to use the atomic bomb on them. You're full of shit. Find a forum with children to debate with. You're out of your league.

The Korean War Coalition of the Willing

Republic of Korea
Australia
Belgium
Canada
Colombia
Ethiopia
France
Greece
Luxembourg
Netherlands
New Zealand
Philippines
South Africa
Thailand
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States

Bullshit. The USA told China to stop or we were going to use the atomic bomb on them. You're full of shit. Find a forum with children to debate with. You're out of your league.

Republic of Korea
Australia
Belgium
Canada
Colombia
Ethiopia
France
Greece
Luxembourg
Netherlands
New Zealand
Philippines
South Africa
Thailand
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States

sure, but don't play dense. that war was won/stalemated because of american military might, not because the u.n. became involved. most of the other nations provided little more than moral legitimacy and a handful of troops to the war effort.

96% of the u.n. combatants were either south korean or american, and all of them were under the unified command of the united states as per security council resolution 84.

boy that u.n. is a heavy hitter. they came to the conclusion that they might be thinking about maybe having some deep (not too deep) reservations about north korea blowing up that south korean ship killing 41. that's a searing decree.... searing. like a steer branding on the loins of the world's sunburned ass.

I don't hate the U.N.

I do recognize that they
a. seem to be UNFAIR towards the U.S. far too often
b. seem to be very weak and ineffectual

Now that's funny stuff. The USA provides medicine, food, resources, education, child welfare, etc and etc much more than the UN ever thought of. It is very ignorant to give the UN credit for doing far less than the USA has done for others over the history of our nation.

Do you understand what international issues are? It does not involve handing out CARE packages. The UN is involved in ensuring international cooperation in sharing medical breakthroughs, health initiatives, sharing farming technologies.
There are a billion starving people in the world and the UN has a key role in removing international impediments to feeding the masses

You left out one of their other activities: Raping children.

Republic of Korea
Australia
Belgium
Canada
Colombia
Ethiopia
France
Greece
Luxembourg
Netherlands
New Zealand
Philippines
South Africa
Thailand
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States
They all contributed, and deserve gratitude. But who did the heavy lifting?

Oh bullshit. The nations can do all of that without the UN. The USA can remove international impediments quicker and easier than the UN can and it can do it without allowing a platform for the dictators of the world to spew their venomous bullshit on our shores. That's why conservativees want to shut it down.

Republic of Korea
Australia
Belgium
Canada
Colombia
Ethiopia
France
Greece
Luxembourg
Netherlands
New Zealand
Philippines
South Africa
Thailand
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States

300,000 soldiers of which 260,000 were American. Kinda like today in Iraq and Afghanistan. We threatened China with the atomic bomb. Do you deny that? I didn't think so. I warned ya. You're in over your head. I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself.

Last year the world witnessed state-sanctioned violence against protesters in Iran and China. Yet the United Nations was instead focused on Israel, due to unprecedented hearings held by a UN inquiry into the Gaza conflict of six months earlier. This was precisely the goal of the body that organized the inquiry, the discredited UN Human Rights Council.

The UN is always willing to condemn Israel, while people are being beaten and killed for their political views in other countries, can anyone say, Iran election of 2009?

Consider the council's sense of "proportionality": More than three-quarters of all its condemnatory resolutions have been against one country -- Israel -- as well as five out of its nine emergency sessions on country situations. As a permanent feature of every regular session, it has one agenda item for violations around the world, and another specifically on Israel. Except for a handful of censures of North Korea and Burma, the world body has virtually ignored the UN's 191 other member states.
A case study in UN hypocrisy - UN Watch

Republic of Korea
Australia
Belgium
Canada
Colombia
Ethiopia
France
Greece
Luxembourg
Netherlands
New Zealand
Philippines
South Africa
Thailand
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States

sure, but don't play dense. that war was won/stalemated because of american military might, not because the u.n. became involved. most of the other nations provided little more than moral legitimacy and a handful of troops to the war effort.

96% of the u.n. combatants were either south korean or american, and all of them were under the unified command of the united states as per security council resolution 84.

That wouldn't be the UN Security council would it?

Republic of Korea
Australia
Belgium
Canada
Colombia
Ethiopia
France
Greece
Luxembourg
Netherlands
New Zealand
Philippines
South Africa
Thailand
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States

300,000 soldiers of which 260,000 were American. Kinda like today in Iraq and Afghanistan. We threatened China with the atomic bomb. Do you deny that? I didn't think so. I warned ya. You're in over your head. I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself.

Like I said...It was a "Coalition of the willing"

Do those coalitions only count when they are claimed by Republicans?

MacArthur threatened the Chinese with the A Bomb.....it didn't work, did it?

Last edited:

Republic of Korea
Australia
Belgium
Canada
Colombia
Ethiopia
France
Greece
Luxembourg
Netherlands
New Zealand
Philippines
South Africa
Thailand
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States

That wouldn't be the UN Security council would it?

yay for an extraneous comment.

we and the south koreans were going to fight regardless of the council's resolution--a security council at that point sans China and the USSR. the resolution simply made it a multilateral effort in the name of global policing.

Last edited:
Is the UN perfect?

Far from it...it is still a political body. However, what alternative do you have for resolving international issues. By the way, it was the UN that stopped N Korea in the first place

Why we go in with guns blazing. Darfur and Rawanda are perfect examples. Wait, they had no natural resources, forget them.

Republic of Korea
Australia
Belgium
Canada
Colombia
Ethiopia
France
Greece
Luxembourg
Netherlands
New Zealand
Philippines
South Africa
Thailand
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States

Like I said...It was a "Coalition of the willing"

Do those coalitions only count when they are claimed by Republicans?

MacArthur threatened the Chinese with the A Bomb.....it didn't work, did it?

Wait wait wait. are you guys using Korea as an example of a problem the UN solved? Never mind that it was almost all US troops and US money. THE PROBLEM WAS NOT SOLVED.

HELLO!!!

My god you fuckers are DUMB!

Forum List

Back