Who likes ice cream cake?

When I was a kid, my aunt used to make a home made ice cream cake. I know it had vanilla fudge ice cream and coconut but . . . I don't know what else but it was quite tasty. I'll have to ask my mom if she has the recipe.

We had a DQ ice cream cake once. Blech.

Although this isn't an ice cream cake, it is fucking ridiculously good.

My Friend Flicker Pie by Paula Deen

* 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
* 3 tablespoons sugar
* 6 tablespoons butter, melted
* 4 king-sized snickers candy bars
* 1/2 cup peanut butter
* 1 1/2 tablespoons half-and-half (*my note, you can use whole milk*)
* 4 cups whipped topping
* Additional whipped topping and chocolate syrup, for garnish shopping list

* Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
* To make crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press down into the bottom of a pie pan to form a crust and bake for about 8 minutes.
* In the top of a double boiler, melt together candy bars, peanut butter, and half-and-half, stirring until smooth.
* Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Fold in whipped topping, pour into crust, and freeze for 4 to 6 hours before serving. (For a richer pie, substitute 2 cups heavy cream, whipped with 1/2 cup sugar until stiff peaks form, in place of prepared whipped topping.)
* When ready to serve, top with additional whipped topping and drizzle wth chocolate syrup. Store in refrigerator.

My Friend Flicker Pie Recipe Courtesy Paula Deen Recipe

Oh, this looks good and has both cherries and whip cream!

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe-Tools/Print/Recipe.aspx?RecipeID=19005&origin=detail&servings=12

Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake

Rated:
Submitted By: ARVILLALAR
Photo By: Allrecipes
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 5 Hours
Servings: 12
"Your favorite ice cream flavors in a cookie crust, topped with whipped cream, fudge and cherries."
INGREDIENTS:
1 (18 ounce) package small chocolate
chip cookies
1/4 cup margarine, melted
1 cup hot fudge topping
2 quarts vanilla ice cream
1 cup whipped cream
12 cherries
DIRECTIONS:
1. Crush half the cookies (about 20) to make crumbs. Combine crumbs with melted margarine and press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan or pie plate. Stand remaining cookies around edge of pan. Spread 3/4 cup fudge topping over crust. Freeze 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, soften 1 quart of ice cream in microwave or on countertop. After crust has chilled, spread softened ice cream over fudge layer. Freeze 30 minutes.
3. Scoop remaining quart of ice cream into balls and arrange over spread ice cream layer. Freeze until firm, 4 hours or overnight. To serve, garnish with remainder of fudge topping, whipped cream and cherries.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2010 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 7/22/2010

Who likes ice cream cake?

Raising%20Hand%203.jpg

Who likes ice cream cake? Just wonderin...

ME, ME, ME, as long as it has whipped cream and a cherry on top :razz::razz:

kewl hhhwhip?
Cream .... or oil?
I report ... you decide.
Me? I'll take some fresh homemade whipped cream!

Whipped cream is made from cream. Cream is the fat in milk. One makes whipped cream by placing chilled cream in a mixer bowl and whipping it. Sugar and flavorings are often added.

Cool Whip is made of: water, corn syrup, hydrogenated vegetable oil (coconut and palm kernel oils), high fructose corn syrup, less than 2% of sodium caseinate (from milk), natural and artificial flavor, xanthan gum and guar gums, polysorbate 60, sorbitan monostearate, beta carotene (color).

What's The Difference?

ME, ME, ME, as long as it has whipped cream and a cherry on top :razz::razz:

kewl hhhwhip?
Cream .... or oil?
I report ... you decide.

Whipped cream is made from cream. Cream is the fat in milk. One makes whipped cream by placing chilled cream in a mixer bowl and whipping it. Sugar and flavorings are often added.

Cool Whip is made of: water, corn syrup, hydrogenated vegetable oil (coconut and palm kernel oils), high fructose corn syrup, less than 2% of sodium caseinate (from milk), natural and artificial flavor, xanthan gum and guar gums, polysorbate 60, sorbitan monostearate, beta carotene (color).

What's The Difference?

hydrogenated
caseinate
polysorbate
xanthan
polysorbate
monostearate

If I cannot say a word three times fast, I sure don't want in my food.

I am with you, all natural or nothing!

kewl hhhwhip?
Cream .... or oil?
I report ... you decide.

What's The Difference?

hydrogenated
caseinate
polysorbate
xanthan
polysorbate
monostearate

Yeah! And that includes all massage oils and lubes too!

Last edited:
Cream .... or oil?
I report ... you decide.

What's The Difference?

hydrogenated
caseinate
polysorbate
xanthan
polysorbate
monostearate

Yeah! And that includes all massage oils and lubes too!

Is it Friday Night Already ? :) :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back