Who likes ice cream cake?

Not me. Ice cream and cake are two separate food groups. And cake is really just an excuse to eat frosting.

Just wonderin...

Isn't that a rhetorical question? You get to pick your cake, your ice cream(s), and how much or little frosting you want. What's not to love?

I've made this one, easy peasy. Obviously you may substitute wherever you like:

Triple Chocolate Ice Cream Cake Recipe - Every Day with Rachael Ray

Triple Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
Stephen Scott Gross By: Silvana Nardone

Making an ice cream cake is as simple as stacking up your favorite flavors.
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream 12 ounces (1 package) semisweet chocolate chips 1 12-ounce marble pound cake, such as Entenmann's brand, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened 20 chocolate wafers, such as Nabisco brand, plus 4 crushed wafers 1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened DIRECTIONS:
In a small saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a boil over medium-high heat. Put the chocolate chips in a heatproof medium bowl and pour the boiling cream over the chocolate. Let sit until the chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes. Stir the mixture with a fork for about 2 minutes, until the ganache is smooth.

Line a nonstick 9 x 5 x 3¾-inch loaf pan with 2 overlapping sheets of plastic wrap, allowing a 4-inch overhang on all sides.

Pour half of the ganache (1 cup) evenly into the lined pan and spread to cover the base. Cover the ganache with a single layer of tightly packed cake slices; be sure the layer is flat and even. Working quickly, spread the vanilla ice cream evenly over the pound cake. Cover the ice cream with a layer made of half of the chocolate wafers. Spread the remaining ganache evenly over the wafers, then top the ganache with another layer, using all of the remaining wafers, and place the cake in the freezer for about 30 minutes to chill and firm up.

Remove the cake from the freezer and spread the chocolate ice cream over the wafers. Top with another flat, single layer of tightly packed slices of pound cake, trimming 1 or 2 slices to fill in the gaps (there will be a few slices left over). The cake may be slightly higher than the pan. Cover the cake completely with the plastic overhang and freeze until firm, at least 5 hours or overnight.

To loosen the ice cream cake from the pan, open the plastic wrap and invert the pan over a flat serving platter. Remove the plastic wrap. Scatter the crushed chocolate wafers over the ice cream cake, then slice and serve immediately.

Not me. Ice cream and cake are two separate food groups. And cake is really just an excuse to eat frosting.

You're so uppity.

Well, you can't say that I haven't fully disclosed that attribute.

;)

But Annie has now convinced me that:

I Do, I Do, I Do like Ice Cream Cake

Would I like it with a snake?
Yes I'd like it with a snake.

Would I like it on a rake?
Yes I'd like it on a rake.

Would I like it near a lake?
Yes, I'd like it near a lake.

Yes I like Ice Cream Cake, as long as It's Annie's and not a Fake.

You're so uppity.

Well, you can't say that I haven't fully disclosed that attribute.

;)

But Annie has now convinced me that:

I Do, I Do, I Do like Ice Cream Cake

Would I like it with a snake?
Yes I'd like it with a snake.

Would I like it on a rake?
Yes I'd like it on a rake.

Would I like it near a lake?
Yes, I'd like it near a lake.

Yes I like Ice Cream Cake, as long as It's Annie's and not a Fake.
I love Dr. Seuss and that was a very good play, Boedicca. My favorite as a child, "Horton Hatches The Egg.' My favorite for gift giving for graduations, "Oh, The Places You'll Go."

mocha-ice-cream-cake-32661.jpg

I love Dr. Seuss and that was a very good play, Boedicca. My favorite as a child, "Horton Hatches The Egg.' My favorite for gift giving for graduations, "Oh, The Places You'll Go."

Oh.mi.gawd! ' Horton Hatches The Egg' is my absolute favorite Dr. Seuss book - and the first book I ever read all by myself. I actually bought a vintage hard cover copy a couple of years ago.

It is also one of the most influential books I ever read:

"I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100 percent."

It's a great story about integrity.

I could seriously go for that right now.

Forum List

Back