Who killed the electric car?

&

☭proletarian☭

Sony Pictures Classics Presents : Who Killed the Electric Car?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39K36Rw7LYc"]YouTube - Who killed the electric car? (1of10)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U2THtlZ1UU&feature=related"]YouTube - Who killed the electric car? (2of10)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ614fcedBs&feature=related"]YouTube - Who killed the electric car? (3of10)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgZhP60yr9A&feature=related"]YouTube - Who killed the electric car? (4of10)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOf2Qb3UszM&feature=related"]YouTube - Who killed the electric car? (5of10)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET4NGXKJV4U&feature=related"]YouTube - Who killed the electric car? (6of10)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBP5dIirdBc&feature=related"]YouTube - Who killed the electric car? (7of10)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dew0d-OMrtQ&feature=related"]YouTube - Who killed the electric car? (8of10)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD1NN-RW_es&feature=related"]YouTube - Who killed the electric car? (9of10)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVYg6paDny8&feature=related"]YouTube - Who killed the electric car? (10of10)[/ame]

You are aware that 60 percent of our electrical power comes from fossil fuels? That in order to have a function service system for electrical cars we would need to create stations that provided electrical power to said cars? That this would INCREASE electrical demands at a time when we are having troubles meeting our current demands?

You are aware that 60 percent of our electrical power comes from fossil fuels?

Ever heard of solar? Wind? Geothermal? Nuclear?
That in order to have a function service system for electrical cars we would need to create stations that provided electrical power to said cars?

Fail.

Even the EV1 could be charged at home.

Thanks for sharing your ignorance with the class.

That this would INCREASE electrical demands at a time when we are having troubles meeting our current demands?

See point 1.

See, RGS, if you watched (or read) first you wouldn't sound so stupid. Instead, you insisted on proving that you have no idea what you're talking about.

☭proletarian☭;2029520 said:
You are aware that 60 percent of our electrical power comes from fossil fuels?

Ever heard of solar? Wind? Geothermal? Nuclear?
That in order to have a function service system for electrical cars we would need to create stations that provided electrical power to said cars?

Fail.

Even the EV1 could be charged at home.

Thanks for sharing your ignorance with the class.

That this would INCREASE electrical demands at a time when we are having troubles meeting our current demands?

See point 1.

Wait let me get this right? All electric cars would be dependent on home electricity? No more traveling more then the return trip allows you to get back to home for a recharge? No more long trips at all?

The dumb ass would be YOU.

The non buying public killed that ugly pile of shit, no one but the same tasteless imbeciles that buy those ugly prius jokes would drive one. I bet you would like one wouldn't you little Nikita?

Once again stupid, currently 60 percent of all electrical power comes from fossil fuels with NO great push to change that. Wind and solar have been denied by the Liberals in numerous places cause they are either eye sores or would "impact" the environment.

We have not had a Nuclear power plant built in this country in HOW long? And the ones we have are starting to have problems from old age. Giving the anti nuke retards more ammo to convince a gullible public they are unsafe.

You are aware that 60 percent of our electrical power comes from fossil fuels? That in order to have a function service system for electrical cars we would need to create stations that provided electrical power to said cars? That this would INCREASE electrical demands at a time when we are having troubles meeting our current demands?

We are installing plug in stations in Portland, Oregon right now. And a plug in that would get over 100 miles on a charge would take care of 90% of most peoples driving needs in urban areas.

Solar on the roof of a home would take care of the problem of the extra need for electricity. When you were at work during the day, your solar would be producing electricity right at the time that the need was the greatest. When you were charging the car, at night, the demand is the least.

It would also create an increased demand for home solar panels and lower the price per watt for the panels.

The non buying public killed that ugly pile of shit, no one but the same tasteless imbeciles that buy those ugly prius jokes would drive one. I bet you would like one wouldn't you little Nikita?

Really fucking dumb words. The EV1 was killed by GM. The people who leased them loved them. Same as Chevron and GM killed the Toyota RAV4 Electric.

As far as the Prius goes, Toyota has made a great deal of money on them, while Chrysler and GM were going broke.

Revenge of the EV1: crushing EV1 crushed GM

The 1999 EV1 was delayed, GM stated, by a cooling issue. The original EV1 was designed for lead-acid batteries, which were more heat-resistant than the much more powerful Nickel Metal Hydrid batteries used in the 1990 Impact.

Finally, in Dec., 1999, under pressure from CARB's Jan. 1, 2000 deadline, GM released about 200 1999 EV1 with NiMH batteries. They proved to have a 160 mile range, and never failed. In addition, GM solved some of the flaws in the 1997 version, removing the sway, new seals, etc.

As one EV1 driver, the late Mr. Don Devlin, happily exclaimed, "...Its a sensation...Huge congratulations ... A revolution in ... range..."

All the 465 1999 NiMH EV1 which were made available found happy lessees. None ever went unwanted, none ever had problems. All were mourned when they were abruptly crushed by GM.

Really fucking dumb words. The EV1 was killed by GM. The people who leased them loved them. Same as Chevron and GM killed the Toyota RAV4 Electric.

As far as the Prius goes, Toyota has made a great deal of money on them, while Chrysler and GM were going broke.

Revenge of the EV1: crushing EV1 crushed GM

The 1999 EV1 was delayed, GM stated, by a cooling issue. The original EV1 was designed for lead-acid batteries, which were more heat-resistant than the much more powerful Nickel Metal Hydrid batteries used in the 1990 Impact.

Finally, in Dec., 1999, under pressure from CARB's Jan. 1, 2000 deadline, GM released about 200 1999 EV1 with NiMH batteries. They proved to have a 160 mile range, and never failed. In addition, GM solved some of the flaws in the 1997 version, removing the sway, new seals, etc.

As one EV1 driver, the late Mr. Don Devlin, happily exclaimed, "...Its a sensation...Huge congratulations ... A revolution in ... range..."

All the 465 1999 NiMH EV1 which were made available found happy lessees. None ever went unwanted, none ever had problems. All were mourned when they were abruptly crushed by GM.

Wow, 465 imbeciles that had real cars for backup acted like they were losing a puppy, that in itself shows what nut cases they are. Less than half of one thousand admirers doesn't make it a car that would have been worth mass producing. I drive electric vehicles every day, they suck!

Solar on the roof of a home would take care of the problem of the extra need for electricity. When you were at work during the day, your solar would be producing electricity right at the time that the need was the greatest. When you were charging the car, at night, the demand is the least.

Depending on where one lives and the weather.

☭proletarian☭;2031906 said:
Shittaro, a golf cart =/= an electric car.

Ever driven one of these?

Tesla Motors - High performance electric vehicles. Available now.

0-60 in 3.9

244 mile range

Tesla Motors - High performance electric vehicles. Available now.

Why do you misspell my screen name? There is no h, double r and only 1 t. It's only 7 letters, try copy and paste.

Yea, right, a 100 thousand dollar, unproven 2 seater......... if I'm going to spend that much, I'll rebuild a two seater airplane, buy a boat and have enough left over to restore my gas burning truck to new condition.

Lack of demand killed the electric car. The same thing that is killing BioFuels right now. People do not want the hastle of short range, long charge times, searching for fueling stations, less airconditioning. They whine why can't I just use gas? It was so much easier & faster.

Long charge times?

A few hours overnight for the early models, less for newer models.

Short range? ahow many miles do you really think the average American drives a day?

Searching for fueling stations? You plug it in. To an outlet. In the wall. Of your house.

Less airconditioning? Now you're just making things up.

☭proletarian☭;2032003 said:
Long charge times?

Short range? ahow many miles do you really think the average American drives a day?

Searching for fueling stations? You plug it in. To an outlet. In the wall. Of your house.

The problem is you won't always have it when you want it and you can't take it on a trip.

Electric cars will not catch on until you can charge one fully in 15 minutes.

Long charge times?

I am not making things up. I am about to loose $300,000 of my hard earned money that I invested in ethanol & bio-fuels. They all work well & it took 10+ years of hard work to get to this point. Bottom line is they are all on the verge of bankruptsy due to lack of demand. Ask yourself this question. THERE ARE MANY E-85 ETHANOL PUMPS ALL OVER THIS COUNTRY WITH THE AVERAGE PRICE PER GALLON AT 20 CENTS BELOW GASOLINE PRICES SO WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT USING MUCH AT ALL? I THINK PROPAGANDA DID IT. ONCE BOGUS CLAIMS OF THIS CAUSED FOOD TO RISE PEOPLE WALKED AWAY. Production has now way outstripped demand. ARE YOU BURNING ALTERNATIVE FUELS? I AM & HAVE BEEN FOR 6 YEARS SOLID. I LOVE IT. - THE PUBLIC HATES IT.

Ethanol / bio fuel is the perfect bridge fuel between gasoline & electric. It gets our current automobiles off of fossil fuels & foreign oil while we take 13 years to build out the electric car system & the demand. The key is DEMAND!!! There is none or not nearly enough. I know what I speak of and will pay dearly for that mistake. I will likely be wiped out by it. I saw that who killed the electric car movie about 3 years ago. CLAIMS OF SHORT RANGE & LONG CHARGING TIMES DO NOT GET PEOPLE FLOCKING TO BUY CARS. Sink your money into it & see what happens. I wish the government would have let GM fail so companies like Tesla could have purchased production line out of bankruptcy & started making their cars cheaply. Now government is giving them billions to make expensive electrics that people will not buy. I think if they were real cheap you could get enough people hooked on them, but not at $45k

Last edited:
Long charge times?

The problem is you won't always have it when you want it and you can't take it on a trip.

Electric cars will not catch on until you can charge one fully in 15 minutes.

Fail.

You don't have 45 minutes while you're asleep?

BTW, they were already catching on before GM crushed them so they could make more money selling replacement parts and service packages.

Pssst...

this threads not about biofuels.

Nice attempt at another diversion, though.

Can't take it on a trip?

You can't find an outlet every 300 miles?

Forum List

Back