Who is your favorate Founder?

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I think I'd have to say my favorite is Ben Franklin. But there are so many that I think are awesome. Been reading alot of Franklin and Washington lately. They were amazing men.

Franklin is definitely top three. But I like James Madison. A great architect, although less of a statesman, I'm afraid.

Franklin was probably the smartest of them all.

Not a nice guy if one looks closely at the way he treated his own family, but without doubt the smartest of the pack.

Franklin is definitely top three. But I like James Madison. A great architect, although less of a statesman, I'm afraid.

But besides the danger of a direct mixture of Religion & civil Government, there is an evil which ought to be guarded agst in the indefinite accumulation of property from the capacity of holding it in perpetuity by ecclesiastical corporations. The power of all corporations, ought to be limited in this respect. The growing wealth acquired by them never fails to be a source of abuses. - James Madison

Smart man.

John Dickinson.

He was part of the Continental Congress (PA), and argued strongly for making peace with England.

He refused to sign the Declaration of Independence because he felt so strongly we should not separate ourselves from England... but joined the continental army and distinguished himself in our defense.

Seems to me his actions give proper meaning to the phrase 'I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it'. He disagreed with the idea of separation, but was willing to fight and die for us when it became inevitable.

Forum List

Back