Who is your Best Friend?

The dogs in my avatar - Boo & Kea... known 'em 6 years now - and of course, my lovely wife of 20 years, AVG-MARGO.

Why? The dogs... they don't judge, they love me on my worst day.

The wife... the usual reasons, she likes me and we always have a date for New Years Eve.

-Joe

Last edited:
My Heckler and Koch SA80 A2.

I've known him just over ten years. He's reliable and will never let me down...providing I keep eric the red away from him.

Rod is mine of course. It's been close to thirty years ago when we met. From day one for both of us it was like we met that long lost bestest friend ever. We could talk about anything, do anything together and it is still the same today.

Second to Rod outside of family members is a dear friend who is also an attorney. We met him when I was fighting the blacklisting of the state contracting back in 1988. He's been a dear friend ever since. He is always striaght forward, upfront about everything and truthful (even if it is not want I really wanted to hear). When I am having a hard time making any decision he is the person I call on for advice. He is not super judgmental. From what I know of my dear friend he is a fair minded person always. He could be governor, Attorney General and even the president if he wanted but he is a humble person and he cares about his family first so he works in public service in the background doing what he can instead.

jeff and kevin both guys....known both for over 25 years...trust them both...they both trust me...no sexual advances from anyone to anyone works out for us all....

why? jeff and i worked today at a resort years ago...he was the resort runner and the person to see if you needed anything....

kevin...he is just him...petty and small....difficult when upset and holds a grudge like its mother's milk...
one of his employees implied to his wife that their was more to it...she laughed at his ass...he has been my tow truck driver for years....he can show up before the police ....handy....he is just a great person to me...and gives me good advice...

there are friends then there are fridge friends....you know only time they ask if they can have the beer is when its the last one...and they are gonna drink it anyways cause it looks like you need to make a beer run...and they will be happy to ride if you are paying....lol....

Here he is at his computer:

36759033_b1622bced2.jpg

The dogs in my avatar - Boo & Kea... known 'em 6 years now - and of course, my lovely wife of 20 years, AVG-MARGO.

Why? The dogs... they don't judge, they love me on my worst day.

The wife... the usual reasons, she likes me and we always have a date for New Years Eve.

-Joe
I did not include the dog/dogs. They are always the best friend.

And why are they your best friend?

How long have you known them?

4 and a half years is how long I've known him. Picked him up from the pound and since that day, we've been pretty tight. Not only does he not like it when I go places without him, I don't like it either.

There is no better bond than that between a man and his dog.

Attachments

• $IMG_0190.jpg
    $IMG_0190.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 73
And why are they your best friend?

How long have you known them?

4 and a half years is how long I've known him. Picked him up from the pound and since that day, we've been pretty tight. Not only does he not like it when I go places without him, I don't like it either.

There is no better bond than that between a man and his dog.

Ah, that's so sweet. I think reading this about your dog this morning hit me hard, because last night my daughter and I watched "Marley and Me."

It was good, but oh my gosh, I cried and cried and cried....................

ME----------------------->
crying-022.gif

I don't have many friends, and no best friends.

I have friends that I dislike slightly less than my other friends, though, if that counts.

Those folks I've tolerated (and they've somehow managed to tolerate me) for periods of decades qualify as friends pro temp.

Forum List

Back