Who is voting for Kerry - and why?

Feb 15, 2004
Am I beating a dead horse with this one?

I am looking to read some logical points as to why Kerry should be elected. Based on his past - what he intends to do with this country.

No Bush bashing. This is intended to promote Kerry - if you cannot think of anything postitive to write about the man than do not resort to Bush bashing - it degrades you further.

So think of logical reasons why this man should take office and share. Thus far, on this website or any other place I have not heard one. This is the truth - Not one reason from anyone. Instead I am told Bush this and Bush that - but we are talking about Bush - we are talking about Kerry - So take the stand -

Hello out there?

I feel like I am alone in a dark with full of crickets. I just thought I would add something so this post would not fade away.

Where are the JK voters?

Hello?

Worse for who? Worse for the terrorists- yes. Worse for criminals, even those leading corporations- yes. Worse for the political machines of the opposing parties who are trying to conduct their races using derision and blame- yes. Worse for judges who make their rulings to suit their own political agenda- yes. Worse for people who allow those entrusted with upholding the laws the right to break them- yes. Worse for the people in this country who want the federal goverment and every other citizen to pander to their whims- yes.

Hell, I'd take a "worse" America anyday.

NO, NOT FOR THE TERRORISTS :rolleyes:

Worse for criminals, even those leading corporations- yes.
gee, whatever happened with that enron crap? or bush's insider trading allegations?
Worse for the political machines of the opposing parties who are trying to conduct their races using derision and blame- yes.
AHEM, this goes both ways!
Worse for judges who make their rulings to suit their own political agenda- yes.
i'd assume you're NOT talking about the positions that bush installed while congress was out on vacation?:mad:
Worse for people who allow those entrusted with upholding the laws the right to break them- yes.
are you bringing the SF mayor into this debate? what about that BRILLIANT IDEA to amend the constitution? it would be the only time in history the amendment was put in to TAKE away rights, not give them.
Worse for the people in this country who want the federal goverment and every other citizen to pander to their whims- yes.
NEWSFLASH, the government works for us! not the other way around.

let's see:

2.6 MILLION jobs lost

monsterous deficit

more tax cuts for the rich

less education funding

no plan for health care, or anything for that matter, EXCEPT for chasing the arab bogeymen across the globe!

if we elect this idiot again, it'll send a message to the world that we actually condone this kind of assinine leadership. It will only invite more attacks. we need to send a message LOUD AND CLEAR that we need to move back to more of a cohesive global strategy, not this 'go it alone' crap; breaking treaties and contracts that took DECADES to achieve. don't even get me started on the environment or health care.

you can keep your family values. you should also include THOU SHALL NOT KILL into those values. how on EARTH can you people continue to support this guy??!!!!!

That's right, finally you see the light! Other than Bush thing will get worse!
i didn't say that. nor had that ever even crossed my mind.

apparently, this 'light' you are referring to may the headlamp of an oncoming train.

Originally posted by spillmind
gee, whatever happened with that enron crap?

They commited most of their crimes under the previous administration and are being prosecuted under President Bush. In this instance it seems you are proving Moi's point.

it would be the only time in history the amendment was put in to TAKE away rights, not give them.

Lie.
Ever heard of prohibition? Besides taking away a right implies that right already exists, which it does not. The ammendment defines marriage. Nothing more.

less education funding

Another lie.
Department of Education appropriations:

2000 => $38,447,366
2001 => $42,061,403
2002 => $56,177,032
2003 => $63,256,811
2004 => $63,270,657

President's 2005 Budget for Dept. of Ed. => $66,433,424

Dept. of Ed. Budget

no plan for health care

It isn't the Federal Government's job to pay for your health insurance.

EXCEPT for chasing the arab bogeymen across the globe!

National defense is the priority of the Federal Government. It was the chief argument for it's creation.

we need to move back to more of a cohesive global strategy, not this 'go it alone' crap

In your opinion. Many people no longer hold to that opinion, and for good reason.

They commited most of their crimes under the previous administration and are being prosecuted under President Bush. In this instance it seems you are proving Moi's point.
notice the absence of a link proving that statement. it's no coincidence. and it still doesn't answer the question.

Ever heard of prohibition? Besides taking away a right implies that right already exists, which it does not. The ammendment defines marriage. Nothing more.
is there an amendment that still uphold prohibition? i don't i am following here. and i never said those rights existed. i'm saying that amendments and the constitution do and have always stood for expanding rights, not limiting them.

on the education note, you've got me on my misspeak about the funding. while more money may be thrown at the dept of edu, there are schools closing all over around here. go ahead and spin this off on the states. it's not the government's job, right?

It isn't the Federal Government's job to pay for your health insurance.
i didn't say it was, but why are we the only first workd nation without ANY government subsidies for it? they will happily collect your taxes for their war games, however.

National defense is the priority of the Federal Government. It was the chief argument for it's creation.
unfortunately, this is not a free ticket to ride and cowboy up for highly questionable causes! :mad: this is MY MONEY, TOO!!

In your opinion. Many people no longer hold to that opinion, and for good reason.
i don't buy that. you can't prove it, and i wonder why you even think that, anyway?? way to champion the segragation cause, and great job supporting that, lilcountriegal :(

is there an amendment that still uphold prohibition

i don't i am following here.

on the education note, you've got me on my misspeak

i didn't say it was, but why are we the only first workd nation without ANY government subsidies for it

way to champion the segragation cause

Helpful Tip: It would be alot more fun for me to read your attempts to weasel out of your earlier statements if I could at least understand you.

Spillmind,

Once again you cannot follow the rules as stated. I believe I made it quite clear no Bush bashing.

In all honesty, why are you voting for Kerry? Did I miss something? Once again another Jk voter cannot name on reason why they would vote for him, or defend his flip flopping on every issue....instead its Bush bashing.

Why can't a Jk voter just list the reasons they believe this man would make a good President?
To me, he is dishonest.
He has no track record of consistancy.
If you are voting for him for any promises made, how do you know he will not change his mind again when in office? Promises promises.

Now, ignoring anymore Bush bashing , can someone just argue a favour for Jk?

Is this not possible?

Hello out there?

Speaking of healthcare, whatever happened to that plan of former President Clintons? He was in office for eight years and I don't recall anything he did on that promise? Did I miss something?

War games. What fool wrote that? Perhaps 9/11 might mean something to you? Or have you forgotten? At what point does a country take a stand? Never?

Now, I will post the question again, this is your chance Jk fans, post something that is positive for this man - something - anything - without resort to name calling. We are not children now - or are we?

Originally posted by winston churchi
Once again another Jk voter cannot name on reason why they would vote for him,

Now, ignoring anymore Bush bashing , can someone just argue a favour for Jk?

I think it really proves what most of us already knew.

Generally speaking, 40% of those casting a vote for President of the United States will be voting for John Kerry no matter what for the single reason that he is not George W. Bush.

Therefore it is impossible for them to explain why they will vote for Kerry without bashing President Bush.

Helpful Tip: It would be alot more fun for me to read your attempts to weasel out of your earlier statements if I could at least understand you.
fair enough.
Generally speaking, 40% of those casting a vote for President of the United States will be voting for John Kerry no matter what for the single reason that he is not George W. Bush.
agreed. what a testament to a 'MISSION ACCOMPLISHED' eh? :laugh: ...that is very telling.

i also will vote for kerry simply because he isn't bush.

we've lost too many jobs and far too many lives under his watch. people are sick of the rhetoric. myself, and all others coming out of the woodwork to vote against bush most likely echo this sentiment. the 'positive spin' ads make me as sick as his last state of the union self promotion speech.

the fact that i will vote for kerry for that reason is not only sad, but pathetic. i voted nader the last time around, and perot the two times before that. WE NEED A THIRD PARTY.

this is not the america i thought i was going to grow up to, but it is the reality of things. we need to send a message to the world that we desire a change from our hard line religion based leadership that alienates many other countries in the name of 'safety' (which is a completely false sense of security)

"gee, whatever happened with that enron crap? or bush's insider trading allegations? "

They are going to jail for the crimes they committed during the 90s. I doubt you are trying to claim Bush is responsible for scandals that were going on before he was President are you? I think the fact that Bush has been clearly straight forward in prosecuting these people is clear indication that these actions will not be tolerated.

fair enough.
agreed. what a testament to a 'MISSION ACCOMPLISHED' eh? :laugh: ...that is very telling.

It might be telling if this wasn't the case in nearly every election. Too many Democrats are more interested in partisan politics than actually doing anything for our country.

Voting for Jk just because he isn't GWB is one the saddest things I have ever read.
No reasoning.

Why not vote for Nader than as earlier suggested?

"agreed. what a testament to a 'MISSION ACCOMPLISHED' eh? "

You know you Dems could atleast try to not misreprent this. Yeah there was a banner on the Aircraft Carrier that was saying misison accomplished. It couldnt possible be for the fact that the carrier was coming home and their mission was accomplished now could it? We liberated Iraq. Id say that accomplished the objective of the military mission pretty darn well.

Forum List

Back