Who is to really blame for this mess? real poll?

Rasmussen - a "real" poll? Hilarious! Like the Heritage Foundation is a "think tank" or Fox is "news". Or Mysticism is "science".

Republicans are so good at calling something by the opposite of what it actually is.

Pointing fingers and fixing blame accomplishes nothing, yet, that is ALL the House of Representatives have done since gaining control in January 2011. That said, the article linked below form 2008 gives a pretty good accounting of why we are in the mess we are in today.

The Iraq War Will Cost Us $3 Trillion, and Much More

your link is a lie
the Iraqi war is over, the troops we have there cost us the same if they where in Germany or Japan
Yes we lost troops, its the same as losing the ones we did in fort hood
a terrorist attack
the stimulus cost us more than both wars as these links show
U.S. stimulus to cost more than Iraq, Afghan war so far | Front Row Washington
Obama's failed stimulus program cost more than the Iraq war - Digg
PolitiFact | Did the stimulus cost more than the war in Iraq?
and what is barley true?

Rasmussen - a "real" poll? Hilarious! Like the Heritage Foundation is a "think tank" or Fox is "news". Or Mysticism is "science".

Republicans are so good at calling something by the opposite of what it actually is.

Pleas provide any documented information to support you claim
I would use caution in slanderous statements
See CBS got caught red handed with GWB
Rasmussen unless you can prove other has never been caught purposely effecting there results or information they have provided to harm anyone with intent

Kind of like what your doing when you claim there a "real poll" hilarious!
See this is the kind of information I am talking about
Link is below

Poll Accuracy in the 2008 Presidential Election
—Initial Report, November 5, 2008—
Costas Panagopoulos, Ph.D.
Department of Political Science
Fordham University
For inquiries: [email protected] or (917) 405-9069
For all the derision directed toward pre-election polling, the final poll estimates were not
far off from the actual nationwide voteshares for the two candidates. On average, preelection polls from 23 public polling organizations projected a Democratic advantage of
7.52 percentage points on Election Day, which is only about 1.37 percentage points away
from the current estimate of a 6.15-point Obama margin in the national popular vote.
Following the procedures proposed by Martin, Traugott and Kennedy (see Public Opinion
Quarterly, Fall 2006, pp. 342-369) to assess poll accuracy, I analyze poll estimates from
these 23 polling organizations. Four of these polls appear to have overestimated McCain
support (indicated with a * below), while most polls (17) overestimated Obama strength.
Pre-election projections for two organizations’ final polls—Rasmussen and Pew—were
perfectly in agreement with the actual election result (**).
The following list ranks the 23 organizations by the accuracy of their final, national preelection polls (as reported on pollster.com).
1. Rasmussen (11/1-3)**
1. Pew (10/29-11/1)**
2. YouGov/Polimetrix (10/18-11/1)
3. Harris Interactive (10/20-27)
4. GWU (Lake/Tarrance) (11/2-3)*
5. Diageo/Hotline (10/31-11/2)*
5. ARG (10/25-27)*
6. CNN (10/30-11/1)
6. Ipsos/McClatchy (10/30-11/1)
7. DailyKos.com (D)/Research 2000 (11/1-3)
8. AP/Yahoo/KN (10/17-27)
9. Democracy Corps (D) (10/30-11/2)
10. FOX (11/1-2)
11. Economist/YouGov (10/25-27)
12. IBD/TIPP (11/1-3)
13. NBC/WSJ (11/1-2)
14. ABC/Post (10/30-11/2)
15. Marist College (11/3)
16. CBS (10/31-11/2)
17. Gallup (10/31-11/2)
18. Reuters/ C-SPAN/ Zogby (10/31-11/3)
19. CBS/Times (10/25-29)
20. Newsweek (10/22-23)
http://www.fordham.edu/images/acade...ccuracy in the 2008 presidential election.pdf

Rasmussen unless you can prove other has never been caught purposely effecting there results or information they have provided to harm anyone with intent

Link is below

Fordham University
For all the derision directed toward pre-election polling, the final poll estimates were not
far off from the actual nationwide voteshares for the two candidates. On average, preelection polls from 23 public polling organizations projected a Democratic advantage of
7.52 percentage points on Election Day, which is only about 1.37 percentage points away
from the current estimate of a 6.15-point Obama margin in the national popular vote.
Following the procedures proposed by Martin, Traugott and Kennedy (see Public Opinion
Quarterly, Fall 2006, pp. 342-369) to assess poll accuracy, I analyze poll estimates from
these 23 polling organizations. Four of these polls appear to have overestimated McCain
support (indicated with a * below), while most polls (17) overestimated Obama strength.
Pre-election projections for two organizations’ final polls—Rasmussen and Pew—were
The following list ranks the 23 organizations by the accuracy of their final, national preelection polls (as reported on pollster.com).
1. Rasmussen (11/1-3)**
1. Pew (10/29-11/1)**
5. ARG (10/25-27)*
6. CNN (10/30-11/1)
10. FOX (11/1-2)
12. IBD/TIPP (11/1-3)
13. NBC/WSJ (11/1-2)
16. CBS (10/31-11/2)
17. Gallup (10/31-11/2)
19. CBS/Times (10/25-29)
20. Newsweek (10/22-23)
http://www.fordham.edu/images/acade...ccuracy in the 2008 presidential election.pdf

1. What a pollster does in one poll is no indication of their overall accuracy.

2. That fordham study was based on an estimate of the 2008 election, showing Obama winning by around 6 points. He actually won by 7.3.

Rasmussen had him winning by 6. That was not the most accurate poll.

do you have any examples of my attempt to re write history?
solve?
did you not read the ones I have posted on the need to open up the shale oil?
allow the construction of refineries?
open up public lands to timbering and farming
farming that would be used to grow corn
create opportunities thru de regulation
Simplifying the tax system by doing it the same way we do it in Florida and Texas
2 states that are not having budget issues, one with a surplus

Suggesting Obama's efforts to fix what Bush obviously broke is disengenuious and belies history.
Sure, you want refineries built without restrictions, how about one in your backyard?
Sure, we'll subdivide Yosemite and provide no bid contracts to big farma and big timber, then fill the valley and add missle silos.

I do not recall stating I wanted no restrictions
I suggested that Obama took an event that the government did not create so the government could in no way fix it and printed 3 trillion+ dollars for a slush fund
It is a fact

I am as we speak sitting in the middle of the largest refinery in this country on my lunch break with 15,000 others
Who said anything about subdivisions
select cutting to the highest bidder followed up by farming fertile land that could be used to grow corn that could be used for fuel

I get it. Oil is how you make your living and corn is also refined into fuel. I find your thinking flawed, you are parroting absurdities and have no idea of the world outside of the small corner in which you live.

Corn is used in many food products and as the cost of corn rises the cost of food rises. Using corn for fuel in a macroeconomic sense is senseless.

Amazing that 95% of the people are wrong.

It's neither Bush, nor Obama's fault we have a bad economy. It's our fault for voting them in and being asleep as they've butchered our nation.

It's our fault for not teaching true principles and making sure these principles were taught in schools.

It's our fault for turning away from God.

It's our fault for being dishonest and trying to lie our way to wealth.

It's our fault for being arrogant and thinking that the gravy train would never end and we don't have any consequences for our actions.

It's our fault for putting more faith in degrees than in truly educating ourselves.

It's our fault for taking "benefits" from the government we know they have no authority to give.

It's our fault for letting politicians divides us by class, religion, race, enthnicity, etc and for letting them make us dependent on them in any way.

It's time for us to fix the real problem. Ourselves. Until we are fixed our representatives will still be crappy.

That one in no way fits... sorry.

I'm not religious or into God, am I going to burn in hell or something, wtf. Can I not be a good person without Governmen...er.. I mean God holding my hand living my life for me?

Pointing fingers and fixing blame accomplishes nothing, yet, that is ALL the House of Representatives have done since gaining control in January 2011. That said, the article linked below form 2008 gives a pretty good accounting of why we are in the mess we are in today.

Amusing "Blaming people accomplishes nothing, but it's all their fault!"

48% Blame Obama for Bad Economy, 47% Blame Bush - Rasmussen Reports™

this poll is 10 months old and it shows as it should that Obama is more to blame than GWB

to start with I dont think either of these men deserve blame, but Obama made this mess way worse with his never allowing a crises go to waste

That other link that shows only 8% blame Obama after 30 months and 3 trillion dollars in deficit spent? UE still over 9%
thats why that man got elected to start with.
Lies
I would be ashamed to even post that

You post a year old Republican poll and claim it's gospel? YOU should be ashamed.

No I posted a year old poll to show exactly how accurate the poll stating 8% blame Obama while 26% or what ever it was blame GWB
Now this comes from the same group that allowed a report on national TV prime-time that showed a forged document stating our president then had lied about his military record
during an election
and claiming it was not forged
weeks before the vote, days before the vote

Rasmussen had the 08 election perfect for president and very very close for congress
why the doubt?
they have never made any false claims I am aware of

If Rasmussen isn't biased in favor of Republicans, in OPINION polls, not election polls, how do you explain this:

franklinrasmussen.jpg

Link is below

Fordham University
1. Rasmussen (11/1-3)**
1. Pew (10/29-11/1)**
5. ARG (10/25-27)*
6. CNN (10/30-11/1)
10. FOX (11/1-2)
12. IBD/TIPP (11/1-3)
13. NBC/WSJ (11/1-2)
16. CBS (10/31-11/2)
17. Gallup (10/31-11/2)
19. CBS/Times (10/25-29)
20. Newsweek (10/22-23)

NOW THAT'S HILARIOUS! After all, it was PEW that said only a measly 6% of Scientists are Republican. REALLY AND TRULY HILARIOUS!

:dance::mm::banana:

Suggesting Obama's efforts to fix what Bush obviously broke is disengenuious and belies history.
Sure, you want refineries built without restrictions, how about one in your backyard?
Sure, we'll subdivide Yosemite and provide no bid contracts to big farma and big timber, then fill the valley and add missle silos.

I do not recall stating I wanted no restrictions
I suggested that Obama took an event that the government did not create so the government could in no way fix it and printed 3 trillion+ dollars for a slush fund
It is a fact

I am as we speak sitting in the middle of the largest refinery in this country on my lunch break with 15,000 others
Who said anything about subdivisions
select cutting to the highest bidder followed up by farming fertile land that could be used to grow corn that could be used for fuel

I get it. Oil is how you make your living and corn is also refined into fuel. I find your thinking flawed, you are parroting absurdities and have no idea of the world outside of the small corner in which you live.

Corn is used in many food products and as the cost of corn rises the cost of food rises. Using corn for fuel in a macroeconomic sense is senseless.

You know nothing about me
And I do not recall attacking your character
attacking mine speaks volumes about who and what you are
If we grow more corn, as i suggest, then the price would go down
But with your in ability to understand what the theory of clearing land and planting in it is, I cannot help you
I also notice therm job creation as it went with refining fuel went right over your head also. That would be the 10,000 others eating lunch when I was

Link is below

Fordham University
1. Rasmussen (11/1-3)**
1. Pew (10/29-11/1)**
5. ARG (10/25-27)*
6. CNN (10/30-11/1)
10. FOX (11/1-2)
12. IBD/TIPP (11/1-3)
13. NBC/WSJ (11/1-2)
16. CBS (10/31-11/2)
17. Gallup (10/31-11/2)
19. CBS/Times (10/25-29)
20. Newsweek (10/22-23)

NOW THAT'S HILARIOUS! After all, it was PEW that said only a measly 6% of Scientists are Republican. REALLY AND TRULY HILARIOUS!

:dance::mm::banana:

You know you have a weired way of dealing with being embarrassed
as well being made a fool of
have you anything else to say? I mean thats it?

You post a year old Republican poll and claim it's gospel? YOU should be ashamed.

No I posted a year old poll to show exactly how accurate the poll stating 8% blame Obama while 26% or what ever it was blame GWB
Now this comes from the same group that allowed a report on national TV prime-time that showed a forged document stating our president then had lied about his military record
during an election

Rasmussen had the 08 election perfect for president and very very close for congress
why the doubt?

If Rasmussen isn't biased in favor of Republicans, in OPINION polls, not election polls, how do you explain this:

franklinrasmussen.jpg

My personally I don't care how well Obama is doing in a poll, reality is he is struggling and I don't need a poll to tell me that or why it's that way.

I would guess that in the end there is not a scientific way to measure these polls because I would need a graph showing bias, meaning who did them and how they did them. In the end you have to go with the polling you trust the most.

Polling also can’t project excitement of the base and that is way equates to a good turnout. Asking someone if they approve or disapprove of Obama means very little as the energy is not even a tenth of what it was for Obama back on 2008… However, we are not 1-3 months before the GE. Some could argure Obama was doing better even a year + before the elections in 2007 than he is doing today... Again, I don't care what polling has to say.

during an election

why the doubt?

franklinrasmussen.jpg

at the same time they were the most accurate in the election
I would say that says allot about the "other polls"

Amusing "Blaming people accomplishes nothing, but it's all their fault!"

I'm sure it amuses you. There is a difference between blame and fact based argument. I'm also sure you didn't read the article, since doing so might have distressed you.
Those who hold strong opinons based on faith alone don't do well when their faith is challenged.

Amazing that 95% of the people are wrong.

It's neither Bush, nor Obama's fault we have a bad economy. It's our fault for voting them in and being asleep as they've butchered our nation.

It's our fault for not teaching true principles and making sure these principles were taught in schools.

It's our fault for turning away from God.

It's our fault for being dishonest and trying to lie our way to wealth.

It's our fault for being arrogant and thinking that the gravy train would never end and we don't have any consequences for our actions.

It's our fault for putting more faith in degrees than in truly educating ourselves.

It's our fault for taking "benefits" from the government we know they have no authority to give.

It's our fault for letting politicians divides us by class, religion, race, enthnicity, etc and for letting them make us dependent on them in any way.

It's time for us to fix the real problem. Ourselves. Until we are fixed our representatives will still be crappy.

Dont forget both houses of congress as well.

during an election

why the doubt?

franklinrasmussen.jpg

You didn't answer my question.

And I told you that fordham article is WRONG. Period. Stop lying.

during an election

why the doubt?

franklinrasmussen.jpg

pollacc1.png

Now explain that. It's a comprehensive analysis of 2010 election polls. Rasmussen was not only the most inaccurate, but they were the most biased towards Republicans.

franklinrasmussen.jpg

pollacc1.png

Now explain that. It's a comprehensive analysis of 2010 election polls. Rasmussen was not only the most inaccurate, but they were the most biased towards Republicans.

explain what to you?
I have no idea what your number means
what does the term bias mean? who decides what is biased?
The GOP had a huge victory in 2010
the DEMs did in 2008 when they were the moat accurate

this is just simple data on who picked what race correct. I have no clue what your info is trying to say
what does R+3.9 mean?
do you even know?
out of the 60+ victories the GOP had Rasmussen missed 3.9?
how does that happen and what is bad about 5-6% miss and how do you come up with a 3.9 number?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back