Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower?

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
B]Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower?
Would You Believe It's Barack Obama?
[/B]
It might have something to do with the first year of the Obama presidency where the federal budget increased a whopping 17.9% —going from $2.98 trillion to $3.52 trillion. I’ll bet you think that this is the result of the Obama sponsored stimulus plan that is so frequently vilified by the conservatives…but you would be wrong.
The first year of any incoming president term is saddled—for better or for worse—with the budget set by the president whom immediately precedes the new occupant of the White House. Indeed, not only was the 2009 budget the property of George W. Bush—and passed by the 2008 Congress—it was in effect four months before Barack Obama took the oath of office

So, how do the actual Obama annual budgets look?
Courtesy of Marketwatch-
In fiscal 2010 (the first Obama budget) spending fell 1.8% to $3.46 trillion.
In fiscal 2011, spending rose 4.3% to $3.60 trillion.
In fiscal 2012, spending is set to rise 0.7% to $3.63 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office’s estimate of the budget that was agreed to last August.
Finally in fiscal 2013 — the final budget of Obama’s term — spending is scheduled to fall 1.3% to $3.58 trillion. Read the CBO’s latest budget outlook.
Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama? - Forbes

The 'Obama spending binge': Fact or fiction?
A contrarian analysis argues that President Obama is a model of fiscal restraint, not the spendthrift Republicans claim.
MarketWatch: The "Obama spending binge" never really happened. Federal spending jumped by 17.9 percent in the 2009 fiscal year — the last budget approved by George W. Bush — but fell by 1.8 percent under Obama's first budget, rose by 4.3 percent and 0.7 percent in his next two years, and is scheduled to fall again, by 1.3 percent, in fiscal 2013. That, says Nutting, is "the slowest pace since Dwight Eisenhower brought the Korean War to an end...." Is he right?
The Obama binge is pure fiction: The "big surge in federal spending" started before Obama stepped into the Oval Office, says blogger Meteor Blades at Daily Kos. Obama did add $140 billion in stimulus spending that year, but over the four years that Obama actively shaped the budget, spending is on track to go from $3.52 trillion to $3.58 trillion. Adjusting for inflation, that amounts to an average 1.4 percent annual decrease. That should burst the GOP "propaganda balloon."
"An Obama spending spree? Hardly"

The 'Obama spending binge': Fact or fiction? - The Week

Last edited:
Fuck me...even Rdean gave up posting this shit.

They have nothing.... :eusa_clap:

They seriously do have nothing. Apparently mentioning Obama's golf game is racist.

I cant wait to see the train wreck that will be the DNC Convention....
a9add5ac.gif

I don't see anyone addressing the actual information in the post, just the usual bits of junk when people can't debate or discuss things. Are you critics saying the data is incorrect? What exactly? Is there a link to something somewhere that says something different with different data and figures? Otherwise, this looks pretty compelling and all the cutsie posts are just attempts to not have to discuss apparently.

Last edited:
B]Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower?
Would You Believe It's Barack Obama?
[/B]
It might have something to do with the first year of the Obama presidency where the federal budget increased a whopping 17.9% —going from $2.98 trillion to $3.52 trillion. I’ll bet you think that this is the result of the Obama sponsored stimulus plan that is so frequently vilified by the conservatives…but you would be wrong.
The first year of any incoming president term is saddled—for better or for worse—with the budget set by the president whom immediately precedes the new occupant of the White House. Indeed, not only was the 2009 budget the property of George W. Bush—and passed by the 2008 Congress—it was in effect four months before Barack Obama took the oath of office

You need to read the thread titled "The Gullible Mind."

I don't see anyone addressing the actual information in the posts, just the usual bits of junk when people can't debate or discuss things. Are you critics saying the data is incorrect? What exactly? Is there a link to something somewhere that says something different with different data and figures? Otherwise, this looks pretty compelling and all the cutsie posts are just attempts to not have to discuss apparently.

It's already been addressed in numerous threads.

no proof from the naysayers? just denial

Thbe proof is very very easy, if you belive this and like this, then why not vote for people who want a smaller government, ie republicans? Because the OP is using some bullshit statistic, if it's even true to try and be cute.

I don't see anyone addressing the actual information in the post, just the usual bits of junk when people can't debate or discuss things. Are you critics saying the data is incorrect? What exactly? Is there a link to something somewhere that says something different with different data and figures? Otherwise, this looks pretty compelling and all the cutsie posts are just attempts to not have to discuss apparently.

Get used to it...It's all they have...

Forum List

Back