Who is the real John McCain?

Obama wants to get us out of Iraq. That will save us $200 billion dollars a year.

Obama wants universal healthcare. That will save us another $200 billion dollars a year.

So in Obama's first term, we will save $1.6 trillion dollars.

Universal healthcare won't save me a fucking dime. My healthcare is free, and it's full coverage, including dental and eyecare. Why would I want to give that up for a government program where the politicians decide which doctor I should see?

Here's what I've seen about McCain......

He's a war hero, but, he also got shot down 5 TIMES while in 'Nam. Now, my personal opinion of a hero is someone who does the mission and COMES BACK, not burns into enemy territory 5 times.

He takes a lot of pages out of the Bush Jr. playbook. Most of his speeches are a noun, a verb, a 9/11 reference, and the same old tired war stories.

He's also not a very decent human being in my book, he's kinda stupid. Most of what he does is not necessarily flip flopping, but he panders to whoever has money for his pocket.

Nope.....even though he's a fellow Navy vet, there is no way in Hell that I would ever consider voting for him. Not only is he an idiot, but he's kinda blind to what is going on around him. Remember when he said that he wanted to put Cindy in a beauty contest AT STURGIS? I've been there, and lemmie tell ya.....winning the beauty contest at Sturgis involves quite a bit more than poise and good looks.

Ya gotta get naked and do nasty things.:D

you may not like the guy(politically) just like i don't but, we can get this cleared up right away.

discrediting a man's service to our country is about the most un-patriotic thing an american can do.

you may not like the man but that is no reason to slander his military service.

Universal healthcare won't save me a fucking dime. My healthcare is free, and it's full coverage, including dental and eyecare. Why would I want to give that up for a government program where the politicians decide which doctor I should see?

You are showing your ignorance. In a single payer system you pick your doctor, and your doctor owns his practice.

And yes, universal healthcare will save you money because we have universal healthcare already, just an incredibly inefficient and expensive version of it. No one can be turned away from an emergency room in the U.S.

You are showing your ignorance. In a single payer system you pick your doctor, and your doctor owns his practice.

And yes, universal healthcare will save you money because we have universal healthcare already, just an incredibly inefficient and expensive version of it. No one can be turned away from an emergency room in the U.S.

Hmm...again, how does it save me money? What part of "my healthcare is free" don't you understand?

how is your healthcare free js? are you a government or military employee?

i'd rather watch half my paycheck go to my families health-care then a penny go to you or your sick gf. get a better job a marry her if you are so unhappy about you are your health-care.

i'd rather watch half my paycheck go to my families health-care then a penny go to you or your sick gf. get a better job a marry her if you are so unhappy about you are your health-care.

Silly post.

I believe in universal healthcare because every other Western democracy uses it and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. A single payer system has inherent cost savings for everyone.

how is your healthcare free js? are you a government or military employee?

My employer provides it. So, maybe free isn't the right term. It's part of my compensation package. But, money is not deducted from my check each month, and since I am a young non-smoker with no medical problems, it doesn't cost the employer much anyway. My copays are cheap (15/25), I get yearly examinations (including dental and eye) for free, and even major surgery would cost very little.

In short, I'm very satisfied with my current healthcare, and I see no reason for the government to change it.

My employer provides it. So, maybe free isn't the right term. It's part of my compensation package. But, money is not deducted from my check each month, and since I am a young non-smoker with no medical problems, it doesn't cost the employer much anyway. My copays are cheap (15/25), I get yearly examinations (including dental and eye) for free, and even major surgery would cost very little.

In short, I'm very satisfied with my current healthcare, and I see no reason for the government to change it.

Here's one reason to change it....

Healthcare Costs and U.S. Competitiveness - Council on Foreign Relations

I considered it, but everyone in my family lives to be 95 with no health issues. I am one of the lucky ones.

so i take it the quality of health-care going down with your dream plan, wouldn't change the average life expectancy of you and your family?

so i take it the quality of health-care going down with your dream plan, wouldn't change the average life expectancy of you and your family?

We are currently paying 16% of our GDP for healthcare. Most Western democracies pay almost half that, and their healthcare outcomes are as good or better than ours. It is estimated that soon we will be paying 20% of our GDP for healthcare because our system is so inefficient. Healthcare costs are hurting our competitveness in the world marketplace because American employers have to pay for healthcare costs while businesses in other countries don't. Having a one payer system only means that the government is acting as the insurance company.

We are currently paying 16% of our GDP for healthcare. Most Western democracies pay almost half that, and their healthcare outcomes are as good or better than ours. It is estimated that soon we will be paying 20% of our GDP for healthcare because our system is so inefficient. Healthcare costs are hurting our competitveness in the world marketplace because American employers have to pay for healthcare costs while businesses in other countries don't. Having a one payer system only means that the government is acting as the insurance company.

would of been nice if you answered the question, but what can you expect from a yo-bama zombie?

Well, trying to read the council of foreign relations article can be a nice eye opener. My German healtcare (I pay around 50 Euros per month) is quite fine too, contrasted to that, the median cost in the US is around 500 bucks.

Who is the real McCain?

We can't really know execpt to look at the the sum total of his voting record.

Looks to me like he's a neo-con based on his votes in Congress.

Forum List

Back