Who is the real John McCain?

Silence

wanna lick?
Aug 26, 2008
FL
is he the guy who claims he's for bush or the guy who claims he's against bush?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm9rLDU-SiE]YouTube - John McCain can't keep his story straight about George Bush[/ame]

It seems to me that he says whatever he thinks will get him the votes. In the primary he was behind Bush because he knew that his party sees Bush in a favorable light and he's a real hero to the party. Once he sealed up the nomination he suddenly became the 'new face' of the Republican party and the last 8 years were total shit and he was the one who was going to fix it. Why the turn around? well because he KNOWS he can't run on his parties record cuz it sucks. He knows that the American people or at least the majority of them, think bush did a terrible job as president and he doesn't want to get bumped off by being tied to Bush.

The problem McCain has is his record and his own words.

is he the guy who claims he's for bush or the guy who claims he's against bush?

YouTube - John McCain can't keep his story straight about George Bush

It seems to me that he says whatever he thinks will get him the votes. In the primary he was behind Bush because he knew that his party sees Bush in a favorable light and he's a real hero to the party. Once he sealed up the nomination he suddenly became the 'new face' of the Republican party and the last 8 years were total shit and he was the one who was going to fix it. Why the turn around? well because he KNOWS he can't run on his parties record cuz it sucks. He knows that the American people or at least the majority of them, think bush did a terrible job as president and he doesn't want to get bumped off by being tied to Bush.

The problem McCain has is his record and his own words.

Great point and great find Silence.

Found a related video just for you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-R5Vh5tOWk&feature=related]YouTube - The video that should sink John McCain's presidential dreams[/ame]

Kinda like when Obama claims to be centrist?

you find me a video of Obama directly contradicting himself and I'll concede your point.

until then, try to stay on topic...

the topic is John McCain's belief that the American people are stupid enough to believe that from 2001 - Sept 3rd 2008 John McCain fully support Bush but when he went to sleep on Sept 3rd and woke up the day of his speech he's somehow had an ephiany and realized how his party had fucked up the country and he wanted to fix it...

it's bullshit...

he's saying what he thinks will get him elected...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en6GrAfnow0]YouTube - Obama, gaffes[/ame]

Theres a video for you Silence of Barack Obama contridicting himself , of course there are many more out there in youtube land .

sorry I don't see the contradiction...

it's cute how the video doesn't finish his what he said... try again...

video of full response.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3M-HFGPsGw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3M-HFGPsGw[/ame]

Last edited:
you find me a video of Obama directly contradicting himself and I'll concede your point.

the topic is John McCain's belief that the American people are stupid enough to believe that from 2001 - Sept 3rd 2008 John McCain fully support Bush but when he went to sleep on Sept 3rd and woke up the day of his speech he's somehow had an ephiany and realized how his party had fucked up the country and he wanted to fix it...

it's bullshit...

This is from the woman who is pissed off because everyone is attacking each other ? :lol:
Now where is the contradiction ?

It seems to me that he says whatever he thinks will get him the votes.

Name the last politician that DIDN'T.

And who's worse for it, the politician saying it or the idiot voters falling for it YET AGAIN?

This is from the woman who is pissed off because everyone is attacking each other ? :lol:
Now where is the contradiction ?

where am I attacking anyone dillo? I'm trying to have a DISCUSSION on the topic of McCain's seeming inability to stick to one belief...

I'm not calling you an idiot am I?

address the topic at hand, if you can...

sorry I don't see the contradiction...

it's cute how the video doesn't finish his what he said... try again...

Somehow didn't think that would convince you Silence thats okay , I like your passion for Obama it's admirable.

Here's another one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVsqFQTbKXo&feature=related]YouTube - Obama Flip-Flops on Iraq Withdrawl[/ame]

it's bullshit...

I don't think McCain ever said he was totally against Bush, just like he never said he was totally for Bush... but he has gone against the wishes of the Prez, he has gone against the wishes of the party, etc...

The party has elements that are fucked up.... just as the DEM party does... and to be against that is not double talk, even if he supports things within his party line...

But you do not question Obama, who votes with the party 97% of the time, and that includes the fluff bills that pass without any question that may come from the REP side....

You question McCain for his proven records of working centrist and not inherently going with what the Prez or leadership wants, and don't question Obama for an even worse record of extreme partisanship?

:rolleyes:

Somehow didn't think that would convince you Silence thats okay , I like your passion for Obama it's admirable.

Here's another one.

YouTube - Obama Flip-Flops on Iraq Withdrawl

It's not that I'm ignoring your video Navy, I provided the link to the entire answer which was clipped for the purpose of your video. If you watch the entire answer you'll see he doesn't contradict himself.

and allow me to be clear a contradiction isn't where an opinion or belief can evolve over time, things change, it happens.... a contradiction is John McCain saying throughout the primaries that he support George Bush, he supported the war in Iraq, everything was jim dandy here in the United States and then on 9/4/08 he gets up on stage at the RNC and says basically, "yes, the Republican party has fucked you, the American people, but look, I'm not really part of that party, I'm a maverick, I didn't fight for you before BUT I'll fight for you NOW"

It's disingenuous at best and an outright lie at worst.

But you do not question Obama, who votes with the party 97% of the time, and that includes the fluff bills that pass without any question that may come from the REP side....

Do I think it sucks that Obama votes party line 97% of the time? well not really cuz I happen to believe in the democratic party and train of thought but it certainly doesn't bode well for his saying he reaches across the asile either. Now he has in fact done so, working with Repub Lugar on a weapons bill, but it does seem it's few and far between when he'll go against his own party.... however Obama isn't presenting himself as a maverick who goes against his party, McCain IS....

Last edited:
where am I attacking anyone dillo? I'm trying to have a DISCUSSION on the topic of McCain's seeming inability to stick to one belief...

I'm not calling you an idiot am I?

address the topic at hand, if you can...

sure--they all contradict themselves. So what's new ? If you're claiming only McCain has done it, you are simply wrong.

When McCain came back from Vietnam, he cheated repeatedly on his crippled wife, and then divorced her to marry Cindy Hensley. In the 1980's McCain lobbied for Charles Keating, the saving and loan felon who stole billions in pension money, and took numerous jet set vacations at Keating's expense. In the 1990's McCain had an affair with a lobbyist that so scared his staff, that they told her to stay away from him. His campaigns for the Senate were all financed with his wife Cindy's mob money. In 1994 Cindy McCain forged prescriptions in the names of her employees and stole drugs from her own charity. McCain's campaign this year is getting huge amounts of oil company money. His pick for vice president is under an ethics investigation and will probably be indicted on Oct 31st. McCain is 72 years old, has had cancer 5 times and is on 5 different medications. He is so out of it, that his staff will no longer let him talk to the press unscripted.

When McCain came back from Vietnam, he cheated repeatedly on his crippled wife, and then divorced her to marry Cindy Hensley. In the 1980's McCain lobbied for Charles Keating, the saving and loan felon who stole billions in pension money, and took numerous jet set vacations at Keating's expense. In the 1990's McCain had an affair with a lobbyist that so scared his staff, that they told her to stay away from him. His campaigns for the Senate were all financed with his wife Cindy's mob money. In 1994 Cindy McCain forged prescriptions in the names of her employees and stole drugs from her own charity. McCain's campaign this year is getting huge amounts of oil company money. His pick for vice president is under an ethics investigation and will probably be indicted on Oct 31st. McCain is 72 years old, has had cancer 5 times and is on 5 different medications. He is so out of it, that his staff will no longer let him talk to the press unscripted.

hasn't kirk posted this exact statement like 10x already?

won't matter what you show a barack hussein obama supporter, they turn a blind-eye to anything negative about the man.

some might, I'm not one of them chapstic.....

he posted a video that was edited with part of Obama's response missing. I posted the entire response and he said exactly the same thing both times.

I have no problem if someone wants to present FACTS and EVIDENCE...but so far I get nothing but immature neener neener stuff employed to derail the topic and keep actual discussion from taking place.

Forum List

Back