Who is the new leader of the republican party ?

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Who do you see as the one to lead the republicans in the coming two years?

Personally, I think the field is wide open, the party is in disarray and needs to re-evaluate their direction. I am of the opinion that they have abandoned true conservative and conservatism in favor of some far right ideal, and that doesn't sit well with many.

That being said...

I would like to see Piyush Jindal step up to national prominence and see what he is about, learn a little more about him.

• Banned
the true heart of the republican party is evangelicals now.

That is their single largest base.

You and your kind need to move to the libertarain party because they will not take your small numbers over the evangelicals.

the true heart of the republican party is evangelicals now.

That is their single largest base.

You and your kind need to move to the libertarain party because they will not take your small numbers over the evangelicals.

Yeah, I doubt I'm going to find religion and I don't think they're going to legalize pot...

I do tend to favor Libertarian candidates, though I do find a few too extreme on some issues. I have yet to find "the perfect candidate" and doubt I ever will.

• Banned
Im so glad so many Americans have just found the perfect candidate who is now president elect.

its gonna be hard for the gop to regroup till they decide who they want to base their regrouping on? i think they have lost the evanglical base for good. they wont go to the godless democrats (no offense to godless democrats) but they may form a 3rd party...and before you laugh...dont put it passed them...if i had their number i would attempt to do just that.

i think the experiment with moderation is over for the gop. it is always best to dance with the one you came with.

• Banned
I think the evangelicals are all the Rs have left.

The others should just move on to the libertarian party and fill it out without the begging and fighting you will have to do with the evangelicals to gain power.

I agree with Truthmatters: the Libertarian party is great for moderate Republicans that have been abandoned by the Republican base.

They still have a strong baby boomer base, its just now with the Internet....many people have access to information on the spot. With the coming of a new youth movement sparked by organizing on the internet, and researching the truth on issues....this has led the old GOP to use outdated tactics that got Bush elected twice. This does not work anymore, people are getting more and more informed easier and easier.....plus the young people in this country are far far far less discriminatory toward other groups of people than the baby booms, because they are informed now. They are informed that it does not pay to keep putting intellectually dense people in the white house. The GOP base is still huge, but they are definitely dwindiling slowly and leaning to the center.

Forum List

Back