Who is the largest employer in your state?

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
From a facebook poster that lives here in Iowa, Iowa is the largest employer. The guy is apparently an unhappy camper.

August 24 post....
"Thanks State of Iowa for the giant paycuts to workers. I am no longer insured and my wife now makes a couple of hundred bucks a month less. The State is the biggest employer in Iowa. I don't think they cut any benefits to the Governor or any of the people making six figure salaries. Iowa is trying to race Kansas to the bottom of the pile."

It must really be bothering him as here is another post the next day.

August 25 post....
"So the State of Iowa can afford over 250 million in tax breaks to get 50 jobs. What kind of jobs are those that makes them worth 5 million apiece? If we had a lottery and gave one million each to 250 Iowans, I am sure more than 50 jobs would be created. And why do we need to subsidize one of the largest corporations in America so soon after giving 250,000 state employees a three thousand dollar a year each pay cut? The GOP math only works for the elite. It never seems to work out for the little guy, but somehow they convince the poorest Americans to vote against their own interests."

Rod says, "He's never been able to get over the fact that he sucked at playing tiddlywinks as a kid. His frustration from that lead him to where he is today....a raging leftist liberal Democrat loony. They got an itch that can't be scratched. "

TOP fifty Iowa employers America's Career InfoNet: Largest Employers

iowa largest employers.png
iowa largest employers 2.png

I see the City of Iowa City is the state's second largest employer. Surprising, as it's not even close to the size of some of the other cities there.

But when I think about my days as one of its employees, I'm not so surprised. Their pay schedule was quite generous, and I had my first real exposure to pay disparities between public and private organizations. Government employees earn more than they're worth.

Forum List

Back