Who is the better Parent?

The OP started off decently enough, then, predictably, Rdean's hatred of all things Republican kicked in.

Have a nice life

Frank...you are the first one to mention "Republicans".

Did you miss the post about how hard Rdean had to work to find someone who trashed their kid? It's only because he was only looking at high profile Republicans as his base.

All of us know the Story of Alan Keyes....got any Liberals/Democrats we can use instead?

But what kind of parents don't let their kids make their own decisions? Wanting to control everything about your child, is being a bad parent. My dad is a die hard liberal, and he has never disowned or judged my brother for being a republican. The two just debate a lot, and respect each other completely.

Bad parents. It's the duty of parents to "guide" their children. Rules are necessary, but they change as the child grows into an adult. I believe conservatives have a difficult time as parents because the core of conservative is "static" "unchanging". Children are supposed to grow and learn. Young children can't make every decision, but they have to be allowed some freedom or when they are finally one their own, they become "victims".
Seriously, you're a fucking idiot!:cuckoo:

Yeah...:doubt: Like you know how to parent.

I say the Mississippian is in the wrong

All gays are insane--he should have sought psychological help for his daughter the minute she came out to him!!

But he ignore the warnings, now she will stumble through life confused and not truly understanding why people treat her like dirt!!

By the way, the school was wrong for cancelling the prom. What will happen when the gays in the following class declare taking their same sex mate to the prom for now on out?? All they going to cancel the prom indefinitely? What morons, backing themselves into a corner like that. Better, call the loony farm on the girl since her father will not!!

So, you are for locking gay people up?

1. I applaud parents who accept their children for who and what they are, but which also provide constructive guidance, guidelines, and enforce rules short of those which constitute child abuse.

2. Enforcing rules that the child doesn't like is very rarely child abuse.

3. Not setting and enforcing any rules at all IS almost always a form of child abuse.

4. Booting out a person who has achieved majority for whatever reason is the right of the parent whether or not we approve of the reason, and the reason is really none of our business. I think most responsible parents would approve of inviting a young adult to leave if said young adult was not interested in keeping the rules of the house. And I think most would approve of the young adult leaving of his/her own volition if said rules were deemed unreasonable.

5. The anecdotal illustrations used in the OP were too different to offer much of a comparison. I think the father of the minor sent back to school probably made a good choice, but without knowing all the circumstances, that is difficult to judge. So far as we know, the father may have been a staunch Republican and conservative, so political ideology is irrelevent in that case. I don't know enough about the Alan Keyes situation to comment though I would not invite a child to leave JUST because he or she was gay or lesbian.

I completely agree. Lack of rules IS MOST DEFINITLY A FORM OF CHILD ABUSE. You are telling the child they just don't matter. And that no one cares.

rdean
I believe conservatives have a difficult time as parents because the core of conservative is "static" "unchanging".
Bullshit partisan hackery. Cons have no more problems than dems do. God, why did this turn into a R vs D thing when it has nothing to do with it. In the 2nd case it is a religious intolerance issue which is NOT owned by the R’s, just more prevalent because R’s are more literal in their religion.

By the way, I am an atheist republican. Kind of throws a wrench in the unforgiving zealots right. Not all R’s are fundamentalists, it just happens that the fundamentalists are LOUD.

Cutting a child off of the money tree is acceptable at that age but it is a bit far to cut them off of your emotional support. That solves nothing and shirks your responsibility as a parent (you are a parent for LIFE, not 18 years). Flat out wrong. The first story is on target though. Supportive is a key responsibility for parents and making your child face the consequences and be true to themselves is an important lesson. She will need to be strong her whole life as she is on a difficult path. As gay is not a choice, and I would have thought this was accepted by now, it is a bit extreme to punish someone for being gay.

Gay is a choice.

It isn't "accepted" as a choice because there is absolutely no evidence that it is hardwired, and in fact, lots of evidence that it isn't.

Gay is a choice.

It isn't "accepted" as a choice because there is absolutely no evidence that it is hardwired, and in fact, lots of evidence that it isn't.

Proof? Where? As asked before, when did you DECIDE to be straight. I know that I did not. In no way shape or form did I decide to be attracted to women, it simply happened. No one I know decided to be straight. As a matter of fact, most children do not like the other sex at all. Remember cooties? Over the course of your child hood a biological switch is turned on and you find your sexuality. In some it happens as it is supposed to, in other it does not.

I am sure that there are some people that have made the ‘choice’ but then again there are masochists and suicides too. That does not make sexuality as a whole a choice.

Gay is a choice.

How come 40% of identical twins are gay if their other twin is...when the average elsewhere is 2-10%?

There is also a statistical revelance that correlates sybling positioning with probable gayness.

The more older male syblings a male has, the better chance he had of being queer.

Then there's the ratio of ring finger length to index finger length.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back