Who is the Best President of the Last 100 Years?

Best President

• FDR

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Kennedy

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Reagan

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Clinton

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Bush 43

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Who do you think?

Harry Truman, simply because, unlike certain other nameless parties, he accepted full responsibility for his leadership decisions. The Buck stops here....it did not magically disappear WITH THE LAST ADMINISTRATION.....CLEARLY SOME ADMINISTRATIONS don't want the BUCK of responsibility and are VERY PROGRESSIVELY looking into the rear view mirror of history to place blame on the bad circumstances of their own decision making abilities or parrot some antiquated social engineering failure of the 1930's that turned a market correction into a government manipulated decade long recession....the GREAT DEPRESSION.

No this man......actually PULLED the trigger in order to save millions of American lives....and then said, God Forgive Me.......as he accepted full and sole responsibility thereof. A few political drones could learn a few lessons from the leadership skills of a true Statesman...even if some of those decisions were proven to be historically wrong. The Truman Doctrine for One.....yet He made the tough decisions and claimed them.

the Manhattan Project was FDR's baby. Had he lived, he would have dropped the bombs.

Who do you think?

Harry Truman, simply because, unlike certain other nameless parties, he accepted full responsibility for his leadership decisions. The Buck stops here....it did not magically disappear WITH THE LAST ADMINISTRATION.....CLEARLY SOME ADMINISTRATIONS don't want the BUCK of responsibility and are VERY PROGRESSIVELY looking into the rear view mirror of history to place blame on the bad circumstances of their own decision making abilities or parrot some antiquated social engineering failure of the 1930's that turned a market correction into a government manipulated decade long recession....the GREAT DEPRESSION.

No this man......actually PULLED the trigger in order to save millions of American lives....and then said, God Forgive Me.......as he accepted full and sole responsibility thereof. A few political drones could learn a few lessons from the leadership skills of a true Statesman...even if some of those decisions were proven to be historically wrong. The Truman Doctrine for One.....yet He made the tough decisions and claimed them.

the Manhattan Project was FDR's baby. Had he lived, he would have dropped the bombs.

Without FDR, Truman wouldn't have had a bomb to drop.

Without FDR, Truman wouldn't have had a bomb to drop.

correct.

I'm a conservative Republican/Independent but I had to vote for Bill Clinton because he had such a unique humidor for his cigars.:lol:

Who do you think?

Your point? How do you know the actions of a dead man.....do you possess paranormal communication abilities? The Buck Stopped with Truman...no one else. What's with the straw argument? That's like declaring that Mr. Lincoln was responsible for the acts of Mr. Grant...after he was killed. Or.....Mr. Bush is responsible for the failures of this administration, who clearly does not want any BUCK to stop at the oval office...until it has been vetted by X number of polls, suggesting that Buck to be both positive and acceptable......REAL LEADERSHIP, no? If its negative.....of course its the failure of the previous administration. The a-bomb was a product of Nazi defectors....if Germany would have had another six months to propagate that knowledge we would all be in lock step to Der current Fuhrer and practicing the goose step.

The one thing FDR was responsible for is very clear......THE GREAT DEPRESSION, as he sat in administration thereof for a decade.

Last edited:
Easier to differentiate between "Best" and "Most Influential".

FDR was the most influential president of the last century - he would also have to rank among the "best" as well - even if many disagree with a majority of his Big Government principles - myself included. The arc of his presidency continues well into the current era.

LBJ and Reagan would likely share second position in the most influential category - LBJ for his enhancement of FDR's Big Government programs, and Reagans transformative America that underwent the now commonly coined phrase, "Reagan Revolution". Like FDR, the resulting impacts of each of these men continues today. Reagan though was a far "better" president that LBJ, both in style and tone, as well as beneficial accomplishment.

Kennedy is largely a myth - a creation of the media and liberal intellectuals who dominate textbooks. He had a significant emotional impact as the first real television president, and the images of his assassination linked all Americans to that tragedy, so his actual accomplishments are often vastly overblown. He had potential though - and therein lies the real tragedy of Kennedy. He might have proven a very capable president, but his death truncated that potential and his death was the symbolic death of former America - an America replaced by the turbulence and uncertainty of the later 1960s.

All pale in comparison to Washington though - the greatest president in American history...

I assume you left of Teddy Roosevelt because of the 100 year limit?

Then Clinton probably left the nation is far better shape than most.

But too often the harm that an administration does takes years before it's realized, too.

I like Ike, but I'm not exactly clear whether I like the guy because of what he did or simply because of the state of the American economy at that time -- a state for which he cannot personally take all that much credit.

And kudos must be thrown to our last truly LIBERAL POTUS, too.

Richard M. NiXXon's administration saw some truly profressive legislation passed in environmental laws, for example.

Bush II was probably the worst of the last decade, though, that one is easy enough to decide.

Clinton is a pervert! Just imagine if someone of any age took advantage of your obviously mentaly confused 19 year old daughter. She may have been of legal age but she was a minor mentally...Hes a sick FUCK!

FDR, he saved the nation, without the programs he started the idea of communism might have started looking pretty good to the starving homeless masses during the great depression.

Forum List

Back