Who is Rick Scott?

A guy who presided over the biggest medicare fraud in US history.

It shows you how anti-incumbent the mood is when the public would rather have a guy who presided over a $1.7 billion fraud than a career politician in Bill McCollum.

• Banned

It shows you how anti-incumbent the mood is when the public would rather have a guy who presided over a $1.7 billion fraud than a career politician in Bill McCollum.

Really? So there are American voters who would rather vote for a felon, than vote for a Career Politician?

There is no anti-incumbent mood. That is a fallacy. Scott won because McCollum is a very flawed candidate who lost Florida voters' trust and confidence years ago. Scott also, like Meg Whitman and Michael Bloomberg and Jeff Greene and John "I'm not a maverick" McCain, spent over $20 million of his own money. I am on the Panhandle, and I saw Scott commercials constantly and McCollum commercials rarely.

No matter - Alex Sink would have beat either of them, and will be our first female Governor.

Really? So there are American voters who would rather vote for a felon, than vote for a Career Politician?

a distinction without a difference

Heh!

There is no anti-incumbent mood. That is a fallacy. Scott won because McCollum is a very flawed candidate who lost Florida voters' trust and confidence years ago. Scott also, like Meg Whitman and Michael Bloomberg and Jeff Greene and John "I'm not a maverick" McCain, spent over $20 million of his own money. I am on the Panhandle, and I saw Scott commercials constantly and McCollum commercials rarely.

No matter - Alex Sink would have beat either of them, and will be our first female Governor.

The bolded deserves it's own thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/130259-there-is-no-anti-incumbent-mood.html#post2660251

Yep! R. Scott a billionaire, had more money than McCollum. he stole millions from medicare and his corp. was fined 1.7 billion dollars for fraud. And that's what Republicans voted for in Florida. Jessuzzzz what a frickin mess.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Isn't Rick Scott that guy who put five gallons of water into a condom on national tv just to prove that it could be done?

Scott's not a felon. He was never charged with anything.

However, the government accused HCA of Medicare fraud when he was the CEO. He was forced to resign and the company settled, paying a $1.7 billion penalty, the largest Medicare fraud settlement in history.

There is no way this guy would ever be hired again to run a large company because he displayed gross incompetence as CEO. So why anyone elect this guy as governor of Florida?

I wanted McCollum to become governor, but now I'm going to have to support Sink. l can't support someone who screwed up so badly.

Last edited:

what's the difference?

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Yep! R. Scott a billionaire, had more money than McCollum. he stole millions from medicare and his corp. was fined 1.7 billion dollars for fraud. And that's what Republicans voted for in Florida. Jessuzzzz what a frickin mess.

Correction. He stole billions from Medicare. But that is what Republicans typically vote for.:lol:

One's been convicted. The other not..... yet.

Forum List

Back