Who is Rick Perry?

Sarah Palin was obviously calling out Perry on Crony Capitalism in her speech because she wants the Republicans to better than the Democrats. You don't half hardheartedly commend a fellow alleged Republican who is campaigning against Obama's failed stimulus and record debt, when he himself accepted stimulus money to balance his states budget for two years. Yes, Rick Perry could very well be the next Obama.

'Crony capitalism' draws attention in GOP race - Houston Chronicle

Excerpts

[M]any political observers believe her remarks were aimed at another target: Rick Perry, whose lengthy tenure in office leaves him vulnerable to the charge he has rewarded campaign contributors with government favors. She raised a question central to the GOP’s mission: If Republicans hope to defeat Obama because he engages in “crony capitalism,” is Perry the right candidate to carry that message?

“When she said ‘crony capitalism,’ who else could it be? It had to be Perry,” said Dr. Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics

To Sabato, the salvo from Palin provided evidence that the Republican contest was far from decided

Palin, Romney React to Perry's Calling Social Security a 'Ponzi Scheme' - Yahoo! News

Excerpt:
Palin is playing a far more subtle game. By strongly hinting an enhancement of Perry's Social Security position, she is positioning herself to either be an effective rival to both Romney and Perry should she decide to get in

Who is Rick Perry?
The neocon answer to Barry Obolshevik, only with slightly more executive experience.

Seriously....The guy is the biggest wind sock since Bubba Clintoon.

Necon? The guy is Sturmabteilung. Like the rest of the tea party..

Sturmabteilung, Mr. Sallow? That certainly is a big word. Is it a town in Bavaria where they make wooden clocks? :eusa_angel:

/ducking and running

candycorn-albums-triton-picture3941-content-cartoonbox-slate-com.gif

ACLU shouldn't protest random drug sweeps in public housing
The ACLU [protested] new community policies initiated by the law-abiding poor to protect their homes and families from youth gangs and drug traffickers. In 1997, the Chicago Public Housing Authority began conducting random sweeps in public housing projects in search of drugs and guns. The sweeps were initiated by members of the community fed up with crime and were beginning to have a deterrent impact. Then the ACLU showed up. They filed suit, saying the sweeps violated the Fourth Amendment concerning unreasonable search and seizure. The result of the suit was to turn the Housing Authority's policy into a joke because it was forced to provide advance notice to gang leaders and their supporters before conducting a sweep, and tenants could forbid them from entering. Meanwhile, the rapes, the beatings, and the shootings go on, thanks to the ACLU and its crusade for the "rights" of criminal thugs.

This is a quote of Rick Perry. Clearly he has nothing but disdain for our bill of rights and freedom. Property rights are a core principal of the united states, but he doesnt think that applies to poor people.

There is no justification for violation of the constitution and the rule of law. This man has no place in public office, at the state level or the federal level.

Yup, longest serving governor in Texas history, never lost an election, created more jobs than every other state combined.
You'll want to register as a Republican so you can vote for him in the primaries.

He's a Republican?

He doubled the debt in Texas. Maybe a Republican but not a conservative obviously.

How about that Gardasil he wanted to forcibly give to your daughter when she turns 12 because she "may" be sexually active? These are Republican values?

Oh you mean there isn't such a passage? Then you lied about that too.
You're really racking them up here, Mary.

Can you name one Christian country that historically did not have the death penalty?

I'm starting to simply get the impression you aren't that bright...or are just humor challenged perhaps. Does the rod up your butt have a rod up it's butt?

Thanks for proving my point...we aren't a Christian country.

OK, so you lied about there being such a passage. And you lied about Rick Perry's view about it. And you've lied about being a Christian and opposing the death penalty.
And you've lied about us not being a Christian country. Of course we are. The people who settled here were overwhelmingly Christian. Our laws overwhelmingly reflect the Protestant Christian character of those who made them. The majority of people who live here practice Christianity. Why do you think Christmas and Easter are a national holiday? In Israel and Islamic countries they are just another day on the calender.
You need to work on being mroe truthful, Nancy.

If intentionally writing a passage incorrectly, that everyone knows is written incorrectly, is a lie...then you are a complete imbecile.

Easter isn't a national holiday...another example of your being an imbecile. The only religious holiday that is recognized by our country is Christmas...funny thing though is that a lot of holidays happen around that same time...whether you are Christian, Jewish or Muslim. I also don't happen to think Christmas should be a national holiday. Because of the diverse nature of our country, it should be a floating holiday to be taken whenever you want.

If we truly were a Christian nation, following the teachings of Christ, we would not be looking to cut programs to the poor and there WOULD be universal health care.

We are a nation made primarily of Christians, but that does NOT make us a Christian nation.

What laws, exactly, reflect a "Protestant character"?

Yup, longest serving governor in Texas history, never lost an election, created more jobs than every other state combined.
You'll want to register as a Republican so you can vote for him in the primaries.

He's a Republican?

He doubled the debt in Texas. Maybe a Republican but not a conservative obviously.

How about that Gardasil he wanted to forcibly give to your daughter when she turns 12 because she "may" be sexually active? These are Republican values?
Oooh scary statistic, Perry Doubled (did you hear that? He DOUBLIED the debt). So now Texas ranks all of 49th in per capita indebtedness among the states.
The Tax Foundation - State Debt Per Capita and as a Percentage of State GDP, Fiscal Year 2009

And I would think you would be opposed to the spread of STDs, not like you haven't spread a few yourself.

Last edited:
I'm starting to simply get the impression you aren't that bright...or are just humor challenged perhaps. Does the rod up your butt have a rod up it's butt?

Thanks for proving my point...we aren't a Christian country.

OK, so you lied about there being such a passage. And you lied about Rick Perry's view about it. And you've lied about being a Christian and opposing the death penalty.
And you've lied about us not being a Christian country. Of course we are. The people who settled here were overwhelmingly Christian. Our laws overwhelmingly reflect the Protestant Christian character of those who made them. The majority of people who live here practice Christianity. Why do you think Christmas and Easter are a national holiday? In Israel and Islamic countries they are just another day on the calender.

If intentionally writing a passage incorrectly, that everyone knows is written incorrectly, is a lie...then you are a complete imbecile.

Easter isn't a national holiday...another example of your being an imbecile. The only religious holiday that is recognized by our country is Christmas...funny thing though is that a lot of holidays happen around that same time...whether you are Christian, Jewish or Muslim. I also don't happen to think Christmas should be a national holiday. Because of the diverse nature of our country, it should be a floating holiday to be taken whenever you want.

If we truly were a Christian nation, following the teachings of Christ, we would not be looking to cut programs to the poor and there WOULD be universal health care.

We are a nation made primarily of Christians, but that does NOT make us a Christian nation.

New's Year Day is also a national holiday. I don't celebrate the new year and neither do Muslims. Your poor excuses do not change the fact that Christmas is a national holiday. It is a national holiday because this is a Christian country.
I didnt know that Christians believed in enslaving people into subservience on th government and forcibly confiscating hard-earned wealth. Learn something new every day.
Nor did I realize you were a Christian.

New's Year Day is also a national holiday. I don't celebrate the new year and neither do Muslims. Your poor excuses do not change the fact that Christmas is a national holiday. It is a national holiday because this is a Christian country.
I didnt know that Christians believed in enslaving people into subservience on th government and forcibly confiscating hard-earned wealth. Learn something new every day.

New Years Day is secular, imbecile. Christmas is the ONLY non secular holiday that is recognized as "national".

Don't even know what your non-sequitur about subservience is about. Probably because you are an imbecile.

New Years Day is secular, imbecile. Christmas is the ONLY non secular holiday that is recognized as "national".

Don't even know what your non-sequitur about subservience is about. Probably because you are an imbecile.

New's Year Day is secular? So how come many churches have services specifically that day? What secular authority came up with Jan 1? It isn't on the Jewish calender. It isn't on the Muslim calender. It isn't on the Chinese calender.
Of course you dont understand the rest of the post. You are a ninny.

New's Year Day is secular? So how come many churches have services specifically that day? What secular authority came up with Jan 1? It isn't on the Jewish calender. It isn't on the Muslim calender. It isn't on the Chinese calender.

What Christian holiday are we celebrating on New Years day, imbecile?

Again, for the imbecile, Christmas is the ONLY non secular national holiday.

I don't think it's my "ninnyness" that makes the last part of your post incomprehensible...it's your being an imbecile.

I don't think it's my "ninnyness" that makes the last part of your post incomprehensible...it's your being an imbecile.

Feast of the Circumcision of Christ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regardless of whether people actually celebrate that day, that is the holiday that 1 January is based on. There is very little that is "secular." THere are only things that have lost their original religious significance. Halloween is one you probably appreciate.

Regardless of whether people actually celebrate that day, that is the holiday that 1 January is based on. There is very little that is "secular." THere are only things that have lost their original religious significance. Halloween is one you probably appreciate.

The eating of Christ's foreskin is not the reason it is a national holiday. There is only one non-secular national holiday...and only because the season is so universally celebrated.

The eating of Christ's foreskin is not the reason it is a national holiday. There is only one non-secular national holiday...and only because the season is so universally celebrated.

Refer back to what I said. Have your lover explain it to you.

January 1 is the first day on the Christian Calendar, and we celebrate it as a new beginning, complete with New Year's resolutions--all to do better and be better people, if we can. It has its secular aspects, but it's Christian Calendar, and many Christian churches begin the year with Communion in memory of Jesus Christ, our Messiah.

God bless and keep the USA. :)

Forum List

Back