Who is Responsible?

Who is responsible for the deficit?

• Total voters
The president is the one that spends the money, even though Congress signs the checks he does not have to cash it.

The primary responsibility must lay with the American people. Politicians will do and say whatever is necessary to get elected. If the public wants goodies and doesn't want to pay for them, politicians will oblige. Secondary responsibility has to lie with Congress. They hold the pursue strings. No money is allocated to the administration without congressional approval. Although the administration spends the money, it bears the least responsibility. Congress passes the laws which require the administration to deliver the services and provides the funds.

The main driver of the deficit was the almost universal practice of using our power to borrow both individually and collectively as a nation to mitigate the economic effects of stagnant wages for 30+ years. Who's to blame for stagnation? Wall Street of course. Who made American debt our biggest import? Wall Street again. Easy credit was the carrot and the stick was outsourcing jobs to third world shitholes. Labor had no leverage in such a situation and there are no signs we will ever regain the ability to demand higher wages. Wall Street won the greatest long con in history, getting us to trade a vibrant middle class for Chinese crap and ruinous credit cards.

Do you have any idea how stupid you just made yourself look?

The deficit is all Bush's fault.

Remind us again how his balls taste.

So Bush, whom you blame, spent 5 trillion in 8 years. And that was bad. BUT Obama spending 6 trillion in 4 years is GOOD, right?

Bush saddled the Obama administration with a trillion dollar deficit, a -750,000 job/mo employment situation, and an economy losing 5% GDP a quarter yet jackasses like you have been trying to pretend that isn't the case and have been trying to sluff off Bush's failure and the ramifications of it onto Obama since day one.

Your boyfriend BOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH fucked the whole country.

Now remind us how is balls taste again.

Do you understand math?

It is Bush's fault for starting it. And congresses fault for not cleaning it up. Congress needs to get their shit together, period.

2 of the boards STUPIDEST liberals arguing that somehow the President creates budgets, that he runs the committees and passes the legislation. That he spends the money.

I suggest both of you take a class on how the Federal Government works.

By the way Article 15? Bush did not sign a Budget in 2008. the 2009 Budget was not signed until the middle of 2009 BY Obama. As for what Bush ask for that included the bail out that YOU claim was needed that you insist is still needed, that MORE stimulus such as that should occur.

Hypocrite, idiot and liar all apply. As well as Partisan hack.

Obama added 450 billion on top of the BOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHH trillion dollar deficit in an effort to lift back up the failing economy BOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHH left behind.

Thankfully, it worked and the economy has been growing and unemployment has been shrinking despite the drag on it caused by all of the public sector layoffs.

Now remind us again what BOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH's balls taste like.

Once again since you have made the claim the President not Congress somehow creates budgets and spends money we can all blame Obama for the 6trillion deficit over the last 4 years, as much as Bush spent in 8 years. Thanks for proving by your own claims Obama is responsible for the 6trillion deficit, twice as fast as Bush spent.

By the way Article 15? Who controlled both Houses of Congress in 2008? Who ran the committees, the sub committees and who decided what bills would even go to committee? Which party in 2008 decided how much the Government would spend? A Republican President? Or a Democratic majority in both the House and the Senate?

The 8 years under Bush which Party controlled the Congress? Here let me remind you In 2001 to 2002 the Senate was run ( except for 6 months) by the Democrats. In 2007 and 2008 both Houses were run by the Democrats. So for 4 of the years Bush was President the Democrats determined what bills went forward to committee, this would include ALL budget bills.

Now lets look at Obama's 4 years. 2009 and 2010 the democrats had control of Both Houses. In 2011 and 2012 the Republicans controlled the House. BUT no budget was passed either year, rather continuing resolutions were used because neither house could agree with the other. Which means the last Budget passed was in 2009 BY THE DEMOCRATS. and they are responsible for all 4 years budgets.

Lets go BACK to Bush's 8 years. Which 2 years of the 8 saw the largest increase in Government spending? 2007 and 2008. Who Controlled both Houses of Congress then? Who decided what bills went to committee? Who had majorities in all committees in both Houses and majority total in both houses?

You are beyond stupid.

None of this matters as you continue to pretend that each year exists in a vacuum and continue to pretend that BOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHH didn't saddle the Obama administration with a trillion dollar deficit, a -750,000 job/mo employment situation, and an economy losing 5% GDP a quarter.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH is responsible for Barry's debt.

But you guys should continue to try to disingenuously blame Obama. Please. All it does it make it easier for the Obama campaign to remind the country of where we were four years ago.

Last edited:
So far the people willing to go on record say both. Remind us again liberals how the deficit is all Bush's fault.

The deficit is all Bush's fault.

Remind us again how his balls taste.

So Bush, whom you blame, spent 5 trillion in 8 years. And that was bad. BUT Obama spending 6 trillion in 4 years is GOOD, right?
Read this and educate yourself.

Obama spending binge never happened - Rex Nutting - MarketWatch

Who is responsible for the money the Government spends in deficit?

The President? The Congress?
The American People.

Let me get this straight, the government breaks down my door, points a gun at me, and steals my money, and it is my fault. Does your stupidity have no bounds?
I didn't say you were responsible. I said the American people are responsible. They voted the politicians in office that ran up the deficit.

The American people are responsible for putting their faith in debt and empty materialism, How many people are still prosperous only because they can still borrow? We are a people who rail against the government for borrowing while we order our lives in such a way where we remain in debt for most of our lives. The government simply reflects our true values, living in debt is the American way.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0HX4a5P8eE]I'm in debt up to my eyeballs... - YouTube[/ame]

Who owns our debt and therefore us?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back