Who is responsible for your place in life?

Who is most responsible for your place in life?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not won't. Can't. And you're going to lose your badge if you advocate more social services, i.e., foster care spending.

There is no CANT. Only WONT. If parents WONT properly feed, clothe and house there children then the children are being neglected, and that is grounds for removal from the home. And the foster care spending is may not be so bad compared to the benefits spending. And so you know, I dont carry a "badge". I am no slave to any form of political method of thought, I do realize that its ok to accept a helping hand when you need it, but that its not ok to make a living from that helping hand. Adults are responsible for the situation they are in. If they have minor children, then they are responsible for the kids as well.

There is can't! How can you live in this country and NOT KNOW THAT PEOPLE ARE LOSING EVERYTHING!? They're fighting to survive! People who made $40 an hour as a couple are living in "pay weekly" motels after they both lost their jobs and ran out of unemployment! How can you not know.

I don't get it.

There's a great many things you don't get.

We are all responsible for our own successes and failures. No politician or political party is going to save you. So don't wait for that happen. God will save you though. Turn to God and you'll see a big difference in your life. Have faith.

God doesnt exist bucko, dunno if you missed the memo. He isnt going to come save you, he isnt going to come save anyone. Your the only one that is going to save yourself.

I think its time to save myself from a failed republic that maintains profits and power for shitbag oligarchy of rich people and business. We dont elect our politiitions anymore, we buy them. Voting is just tradition and nothing more. Obama raising 90 million already to get reelected is more then enough evidence.

Not won't. Can't. And you're going to lose your badge if you advocate more social services, i.e., foster care spending.

There is no CANT. Only WONT. If parents WONT properly feed, clothe and house there children then the children are being neglected, and that is grounds for removal from the home. And the foster care spending is may not be so bad compared to the benefits spending. And so you know, I dont carry a "badge". I am no slave to any form of political method of thought, I do realize that its ok to accept a helping hand when you need it, but that its not ok to make a living from that helping hand. Adults are responsible for the situation they are in. If they have minor children, then they are responsible for the kids as well.

There is can't! How can you live in this country and NOT KNOW THAT PEOPLE ARE LOSING EVERYTHING!? They're fighting to survive! People who made $40 an hour as a couple are living in "pay weekly" motels after they both lost their jobs and ran out of unemployment! How can you not know.

I don't get it.

I do know, because that's me. You have not been reading what I post. I am lucky because there is always an opening in my industry. I do know. They may have to each take a job that pays $20 an hour and live within there means. I get paid by the mile and it used to work out to around $10 an hour. My wife makes $12+ an hour. We are happy, our kids stay fed, and caught up on the current clothing trends. We are also happy. We dont sit around and stew on how badly the rich wall street scum fucked us. We live our lives.

We are all responsible for our own successes and failures. No politician or political party is going to save you. So don't wait for that happen. God will save you though. Turn to God and you'll see a big difference in your life. Have faith.

God doesnt exist bucko, dunno if you missed the memo. He isnt going to come save you, he isnt going to come save anyone. Your the only one that is going to save yourself.

I think its time to save myself from a failed republic that maintains profits and power for shitbag oligarchy of rich people and business. We dont elect our politiitions anymore, we buy them. Voting is just tradition and nothing more. Obama raising 90 million already to get reelected is more then enough evidence.

This should help out quite a bit..........................

Please follow the instruction closely....................

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture4010-thumbnail-aspx-4.jpg

I don't get it.

I do know, because that's me. You have not been reading what I post. I am lucky because there is always an opening in my industry. I do know. They may have to each take a job that pays $20 an hour and live within there means. I get paid by the mile and it used to work out to around $10 an hour. My wife makes $12+ an hour. We are happy, our kids stay fed, and caught up on the current clothing trends. We are also happy. We dont sit around and stew on how badly the rich wall street scum fucked us. We live our lives.

You know what? I JUST got off the phone with a supervisor of a woman who did everything right. Same job since 1975. They own their home outright. She has never missed a day of work, not even for chemo. Not even when her mom died.

They're going to lose their home, to pay the hospital bills.

She's only three years older than I am.

The cancer is back with a vengeance.

Even the people who "do it right" get screwed.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news for you, God does exist From what I have read in the bible it's people like you which are growing in number that tell's me the bible is telling the truth. It is written somewhere and I paraphrase
In the last days people will turn from God to their own lust, God will blind them from the truth because they have left seeking for him and chased after their own lustful ways.

Who is more responsible?

Why I am. I am responsible for the ways in which I have managed and mismanaged my life. The lessons I learned have lead to a beautiful lifestyle design, which without a frame of reference, could not have been achieved.

What better teacher than adversity? Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve my performance next time. Bring it on. It keeps me strong. :D

Last edited:

I don't get it.

I love the irony that YOU are barely making it and "making it" includes applying for social assistance from the government in the form of food stamps. Yet, you somehow can't recognize that there are millions of others who are in similar situations that may be slightly worse off because they aren't as "lucky" as you claim to be. When you're walking a thin line between just surviving and outright poverty the slightest life event/change can mean a big difference between "can't" and "won't". :confused:

I don't get it.

I love the irony that YOU are barely making it and "making it" includes applying for social assistance from the government in the form of food stamps. Yet, you somehow can't recognize that there are millions of others who are in similar situations that may be slightly worse off because they aren't as "lucky" as you claim to be. When you're walking a thin line between just surviving and outright poverty the slightest life event/change can mean a big difference between "can't" and "won't". :confused:

My luck is working in an industry with a high turn over rate. I was not even unemployed long enough to collect (or need really) my first months benefits. My family and I dont "survive" we thrive. We do this by living within our means. There is no irony at all.

Even in the best of economic times it's questionable how much an individual can prosper based simply on their own initiative. No one ever got wealthy working for a living - no matter how hard they work.

During these times, when wealth distribution is grossly disproportional, hard work - even combined with educations and job skills - means bare survival at best.

For many even education, job skills and a willingness to work hard are not enough to live at a middle-class level.

We are a soceity that rewards ownership and business dealing, not hard work. While most people work hard at contributing to society in productive ways, they do not get [aid on par with their productive value.

Instead wealth goes to the owners and business people. These people make no real productive contribution to society and if they work hard, they are only working at sucking up all the money for themselves.

Well, as expected...only those that think their life is their own fault have explained their views. Come on you leeches! Explain why the government should spoon feed you and buy you shelter.

Eh. I suspect most people believe in personal responsibility. This is America, after all. But some also support giving a little bit of money to help people who have fallen on very hard times.

For that they'll get called all kinds of names and be called irresponsible, moochers, etc.

My luck is working in an industry with a high turn over rate. I was not even unemployed long enough to collect (or need really) my first months benefits. My family and I dont "survive" we thrive. We do this by living within our means. There is no irony at all.

Thriving is apply for unemployment and food stamps? Keep moving those goal posts.

Well, as expected...only those that think their life is their own fault have explained their views. Come on you leeches! Explain why the government should spoon feed you and buy you shelter.

Eh. I suspect most people believe in personal responsibility. This is America, after all. But some also support giving a little bit of money to help people who have fallen on very hard times.

For that they'll get called all kinds of names and be called irresponsible, moochers, etc.

How much for how long ?

Thriving is apply for unemployment and food stamps? Keep moving those goal posts.

Read before you post. I was not unemployed long enough to collect benefits. I start a new job tommrow. No starving, no homelessness. Where is the goal post movement ? We don sit around and scheme for million, and we dont feel oppressed by the man . We wake up happy, and live our lives.

How much for how long ?

I don't know. That's a legitimate policy question where people can come to different conclusions, hopefully analyzing as much by fact as by ideology.

But anyway, I am suspicious of the gov't but also believe in helping people. So I have two inclinations and no political home in our system.

Read before you post. I was not unemployed long enough to collect benefits. I start a new job tommrow. No starving, no homelessness. Where is the goal post movement ? We don sit around and scheme for million, and we dont feel oppressed by the man . We wake up happy, and live our lives.

I did read. I read where you said you were lucky to get another job so quickly. Last I checked luck wasn't something that you had control over. Like I said, which you failed to read, is that there are millions of people just like you. Struggling and barely making it by. Some get lucky, some don't. You're acting as if people who don't catch that lucky break are somehow inferior to you and your situation. Those people just didnt catch the lucky break that you caught even if they work just as hard if not harder than you. This is how life goes and to act like these people only have themselves to blame is wrong.

It must be nice that you think your shit don't stink even though you are one mis-step away from living in the outhouse yourself.

Forum List

Back