Who is responsible for what happens to you?

So you can't answer the evidence proving your assertion false?

Who is responsible for what happens to you?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdf70WtLLrA"]YouTube - The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You (1969)[/ame]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]Reinhold Niebuhr has answered your question as well[/SIZE][/FONT]...

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
[/FONT]

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;2208799 said:
So you can't answer the evidence proving your assertion false?

After your dick headed attack there is no honest, rational reason to. Why should I offer you any courtesy whatsoever? Once again go fuck yourself, it's what you best at.

Why the sad personal attacks? Are you that upset over being proven wrong?

Answer the questions in post 17.

So um, can I answer in America its usually up to ourselves how our life goes. Unless we randomly get shot or hit by a texting drunk driver, or a train derails and kills us.

Am I supposed to be philosophical? If that last fella I ran into playing hockey was bigger maybe my knee would be more messed up than it is and I'd be kissing away 10 years of my life expectancy due to becoming a couch potato.

And yes, I agree, if you're born in the wrong places then your chance of the Germans rounding up and killing you, or starving to death in the Sudan, are much greater.

Something like if you're averagely motivated in America you'll live to 75 and be middle class. If you're average in the Sudan then.......

As with many simple questions the answer is not so simple.
We are largely responsible for what happens to us.
But what if you do not smoke or anything like that and get Lung Cancer?
Get hit by someone elses bad driving?
Happen to live in Iraq and are minding your own business and a bomb drops on you?
Lose your job because your company can make a higher profit if they move to China?

Who determines my life? Quite straightforward. The Royal Navy, plus of course those nest feathering bastards commonly referred to as politicians. Oh, and I guess any good shots on the other side could be a determining factor in my future. :lol:

Forum List

Back