Who is Responsible for the Government Shutdown?

You havent heard?

“And I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck, because the people of this country don't want criminals and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into our country. So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it.
-Drumpf

You havent heard?

“And I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck, because the people of this country don't want criminals and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into our country. So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it.
-Drumpf
I say that clearly and definitively answers that question. Can't wait to see how the nutters twist this one around.

You havent heard?

-Drumpf
I say that clearly and definitively answers that question. Can't wait to see how the nutters twist this one around.
They typical tact is to deflect and say how its a positive thing.

• Banned
You havent heard?

-Drumpf

Thank you. I was trolling to see if I could catch a few Trump supporters, who would blame, in no particular order:
  • Democrats
  • Congress
  • Cohen
  • Liberals
  • The FED
  • Progressives
  • Obama, Clinton & Carter
  • Cuba
  • The Left Wing
  • Sessions
  • Comey
  • Mueller
  • Mattis
  • Kelly
  • Mexico
  • California
  • Santa Claus
  • The Tooth Fairy
  • The Easter Bunny

14 days and no agreement has been made, leaving millions of people out of work - including Federal Employees and those who provide services to them.
The blame game is going to get us NOWHERE. Try focusing on how to end it, instead. There is nothing wrong with some portions of the border sealed off with a fence. Give the man his 5B.

You havent heard?

-Drumpf

Thank you. I was trolling to see if I could catch a few Trump supporters, who would blame, in no particular order:
  • Democrats
  • Congress
  • Cohen
  • Liberals
  • The FED
  • Progressives
  • Obama, Clinton & Carter
  • Cuba
  • The Left Wing
  • Sessions
  • Comey
  • Mueller
  • Mattis
  • Kelly
  • Mexico
  • California
  • Santa Claus
  • The Tooth Fairy
  • The Easter Bunny
Theyre probably not going to touch this thread because they already know the deal. :laugh:

Democrats! Willing to send 54 Billion in foreign aid and not one dime to secure American’s safety! American Lives Matter.

You havent heard?

-Drumpf

"We're not doing a wall. No wall." and later "Not one dollar."
- Pelosi

Seems that ends any negotiation and possible compromise, eh?

14 days and no agreement has been made, leaving millions of people out of work - including Federal Employees and those who provide services to them.
As was explained to me by managers, the boss has the responsibility and the employee has the blame. In this case, Trump has the responsibility and Nancy and Chuck have the blame. An afterthought, we the American voter put all of them in office.

The blame game is going to get us NOWHERE. Try focusing on how to end it, instead. There is nothing wrong with some portions of the border sealed off with a fence. Give the man his 5B.

Indeed, the end will happen when the Democrats stop acting like petulant teenagers.

And I guarantee he will get the wall, one way or another.

Who's responsible?

The other guy.

Always.
Yep, of course.

Both sides are responsible. Both sides point the finger at the other.

As I posted above, I believe this is all about the election in 2020. If Trump gets the wall/fence built, he will be really hard to beat in 2020. If he doesn't get the wall, he may very well be toast in 2020. He at least has to put up a good fight to have a chance for reelection. That being said, he should of got the wall funded much sooner when republicans held both houses of congress. Maybe Nancy P. would not be speaker now if that had happened.

IDK but this shows how many govt employees just “steal” money. Bring back 50% and fire the rest post shutdown.

As was explained to me by managers, the boss has the responsibility and the employee has the blame. In this case, Trump has the responsibility and Nancy and Chuck have the blame. An afterthought, we the American voter put all of them in office.
Nope. Nancy and Chuck are not Drumpfs employees. Sorry. :rolleyes:

Besides managers are put there to manage you. That doesnt mean they actually know anything about leadership.

You havent heard?

-Drumpf

"We're not doing a wall. No wall." and later "Not one dollar."
- Pelosi

Seems that ends any negotiation and possible compromise, eh?
Doesnt change the answer to the question though does it? Drumpf clearly owns this. Its not like asking for billions of dollars for a useless wall is something to be negotiated. Besides Drumpf said the money was coming from Mexico not the tax payer right? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Lack of clear definition of what "The Wall" means, and political posturing on both sides has led to the PARTIAL government shutdown. What it really means is mostly upgrading existing fencing. Once you get a few miles from ports of entry, the border wall is a glorified cow fence.

Normally shutdowns are non-events, much bally-whoo about nothing. But as it drags on there will be many people financially hurt by a long delay in pay. After all this is budgetary chump change but Pelosi refuses to give Trump any semblance of a "victory".

Forum List

Back