Who Is Our Enemy?

Mar 18, 2004
We all need to sit down, forget about the protests, the killings, the bias, the anti-Bush, the anti-Kerry, the anti-American, the anti-war, the anti-whatever that we see on television. We must forget about all the negative things we are being forced to view and we must think clearly for a second, all the while upholding the beliefs in our values and ideals.

We have entered a sustained and long campaign against terrorism. Much like the Cold War, the War on Terror will last decades. This isn't a literal war, but from time to time, it may consist of individual wars like Afghanistan and like Iraq. We need to understand the enemy, in order to defeat him. We need to understand our new tactics. And we need to understand the endgame. We must understand how we'll win. Doing so, requires a long term vision, for defeating terrorism.

Many don't believe you can defeat terrorism. After all, terrorism is a tactic of killing. Communism still exists post-Cold War, therefore terrorism will exist post-War on Terror. But we must understand how to defeat the threat of terrorism.

The only way to defeat the threat of terrorism is to defeat the ideology which has harnessed the tactics of it. The ideology that uses the tactics of terrorism is radicalism and the only way to defeat radicalism is to discredit it. The War on Terror is a hearts and minds campaign, which we must be not shy away from. Radicalism has,a t one point or another, conquered sectors of religions and political stances, but never before has radicalism taken over a secotr or religion and became as organized and as deadly as radical Islam and terrorism. The growing threat of terrorist attacks, must make one wonder... what will terrorism look like in five, ten, fifteen years?

April 1983: US Embassy, Lebanon - 63 dead
Oct 1983: US Barracks, Lebanon - 241 dead
Dec 1988: Pan Am Flight 103 - 270 dead
Feb 1993: World Trade Center - 6 dead
Nov 1995: US Base, Saudi Arabia - 37 dead
Jun 1996: Khobar Towers, Saudi Arabia - 19 dead
Aug 1998: US Embassies, Kenya and Tanzania - 224 dead
Oct 2000: USS Cole - 17 dead
Sept 2001: 9/11 - 2,752 dead
Oct 2001: Anthrax Attacks, US - 7 dead
Oct 2002: Bali Night Club - 182 dead
Oct 2002: Theater, Moscow - 90 dead
May 2003: US Base, Saudi Arabia - 29 dead
May 2003: Five Hotels, Morocco - 31 dead
Aug 2003: UN HQ, Iraq - 19 dead
Nov 2003: British Base, Turkey - 27 dead
Feb 2004: Shi'ite Parade, Baghdad - 193 dead
March 2004: Spanish Train Attack - 191 dead
March 2004: Baghdad Hotel - 45 dead

The most dangerous realization we face is the combination of rogue states, weapons of mass destruction, and terrorists. Flat out, this is the most serious national security issue we have ever faced. The reason is, unlike the Soviet Union, terrorists have no return address on attacks. For four decades, the very fact that we could destroy Russia and Russia could destroy us, eventually prevented either from doing so. No longer is that the case. The threat we face isn't an ICBM from Moscow, but a suitcase.

If we let technology meet up with radicalism... if we wait ten years, ten men, with ten suitcases, will be able to destroy ten American cities. This concenpt hasn't be grabbed yet because, while radicalism iss trong, technology with rogue states isn't. There's a reason they are "rogue" states. However... New York, Chicago, LA, Washington, Dallas, Houston, San Fran, Boston, Miami, Philly, St. Louis... all gone. Are we prepared for this realization? We must cofnront threats now.

Much the way Reagan provoked a war with the Soviets, eventually preventing one, we must do the same. We must follow the footsteps of Churchill prior to WWII. We must follow the footsteps of Patton, post-WWII, when he knew the Soviets would be powerful within a few years and wanted to taken them out.

Are we prepared to endure these times? Or are we going to make politics more important? We must defeat our enemy. We must learn him. Study him. And destroy him.

With every ounce of freedom Iraqis and Afghans experience, we're winning over the hearts and minds of future generations. Islam and freedom can coexist. After all, 500 million Mulsims live in free nations otuside the Middle East. We must bring capitalist and democracy to these people. The annual GDP of all 22 Arab states combiend is less than the annual GDP of Finland. This must change.

Iraq must become a gem to the Middle East, which will alleviate radicalism, and discredit the ideology of terrorism. If you think fighting terrorism, fuels terrorism... you're right, for the short term. But we must think long term.

We must have a sustained resolve.

Our enemies are the active Jews and passive Gentiles who've turned the United States of America into an Israeli tool. Dump Israel and move on.

Originally posted by William Joyce
Our enemies are the active Jews and passive Gentiles who've turned the United States of America into an Israeli tool. Dump Israel and move on.

You know the irony of all this is our who society is based on Jewish ideas and you want to reject your "Jewish enemies" to return to the basics of American civilization which was based on jewish ideals.

American civilization which was based on jewish ideals.

I don't know where to begin on this one.

How about this way: No, it wasn't. America is based on Protestant ideals. For the first 200 years of its existence, America was populated and run by Protestants. English Puritans, to be more precise. Every signer of the Constitution was a Protestant from the British Isles. Every founding father, as well.

I don't know even know what a "Jewish ideal" is. I think it's just a dead Arab, a subservient white man, and a whole lotta gold jewelry.

Originally posted by William Joyce
I don't know where to begin on this one.

How about this way: No, it wasn't. America is based on Protestant ideals. For the first 200 years of its existence, America was populated and run by Protestants. English Puritans, to be more precise. Every signer of the Constitution was a Protestant from the British Isles. Every founding father, as well.

I don't know even know what a "Jewish ideal" is. I think it's just a dead Arab, a subservient white man, and a whole lotta gold jewelry.

Tell me something. Where do Protestant ideas come from? The Bible. and who wrote the Bible? JEWS But do you thank the jews for everything they have gone through and suffered that we can have a Bible? no. Peter, James, John, Paul and even Christ the Lord were all Jews.

Joshua, the prophet after Moses, let the Children of Israel into the promised land and gave the people a choice "Choose this day whom you will serve, but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord" This is the first instance of religious freedom recorded that i know of. Its one of the basis for part of the first ammendment. Joshua, was a jew (Well actually he was an ephraimite, but since people call all the children of Israel jews it still works)

If you are against Anti Jew, you are against their King who is Christ and hence anti Christ. You see pure Christianity is Judaism in its pure form. its justu those who profess to keep the law of moses dont realize it yet.

Originally posted by preemptingyou03

We have entered a sustained and long campaign against terrorism. Much like the Cold War, the War on Terror will last decades...We must have a sustained resolve.

I don't agree with all that you wrote, but it was thoughtful and raised important issues.

The response to your thought provoking comments is disappointing. A debate on the basis of US society is a significant departure from the central questions you raised, and ultimately unhepful in answering them.

You wrote: "The only way to defeat the threat of terrorism is to defeat the ideology which has harnessed the tactics of it."

I tend to agree. We must not stop defending our borders or US interests overseas, nor should we shirk from going on the offensive against legitimate terrorists threats. But ultimately, you cannot defeat an ideology with force. Only a better Ideology. The tricky part is how does a nation defend itself against terrorism without creating even more terrorists in the process. Does the US want to become the next Israel, spending the next 50 years in a horrendous cycle of violence? Can we find another way? Is there another way?

The bible says something like "violence begets violence." I'm not very religeous, but that makes sense to me. It seems the long term solution to violence is to eliminate, to the degree possible, the causes of terrorism. That gets you into a whole new world where military strikes are not only ineffective, but produce the opposite result.

I would like to leave you with a question. Why do people hate us so much that they would kill themselves and thousands of other innocent people such as the attacks on 9/11. The President has said often that it is because they "hate freedom." That is an inadequate explanation is we are to succeed. Why the US not Canada? Perhaps if poor people in Afghanistan could send their kids to a school instead of a Madras (spelling?), we would be doing more to protect our children from the next generation of terrorists than sending cruise missiles. Just a thought.

Violence cannot defeat an ideology, WRONG. Fascism is a perfect example, oh you'll find isolated groups of 2-300 faqscists here and there but it will never again be a political force thanks to violence.

Originally posted by OCA
Violence cannot defeat an ideology, WRONG. Fascism is a perfect example, oh you'll find isolated groups of 2-300 faqscists here and there but it will never again be a political force thanks to violence.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power" -- Benito Mussolini

One could argue that no Administration is recent history better represents the merger of corporate and government interests. But this is a bit of a side issue. More to the point were the leaked comments from Rumsfeld who said the terrorists were being created faster than we can kill or capture them. I have no doubt that some will conclude from this that we simply have to kill them faster and more efficiently (a "final solutuion?") but that ignores the reality that it is the killing itself that is engendering hatred. It is hatred, ignorence, and the despair of hopelessness, that fuel terrorism.

Originally posted by OCA
Violence cannot defeat an ideology, WRONG.

That is the Americo-Zionist plan for Islam. And yeah, it doesn't appear to be working.

Avatar, it is true that the Bible was written by Jews. All that means to me is that it might not be the best guide for white peoples. I think the Protestants thought of themselves as the real Jews. Who knows.

Violence is the suprem authority from which all other authorities derive.

to beat the radical islamic movement we must FIGHT this movement where ever it breeds, lingers, and is supported. The west has a much stronger millitary than the Islamic states. So a war throught the middle east would not be an imposability. because these terrorists have time on thier hands. We fight for freedom in Iraq and Afganistan and they run to Iran. Now out of Iran will the next attack come. It's time to stop being nice and except the fact that we ARE at WAR with ISLAM. not all forms and not all peoples. But most definitaly secular states of these religions. Because it is in these states that the terrorist enjoy local support. It is in these states that the populations need to see the error in supporting these terrorists. I'ld hate to see the day where we need to drop a nuke, or the day Isreal descieds it needs to drop a bomb. given time the situation will become much worse. It is time to wage an all out war!!! I fear that the next place that will benifiet from our reluctance to engage will be NK, followed by Iran. It's going to be a hard centrury to come. get ready for the worst.

Maybe it's my own simple thinking, but to me, it seems that the fact that half of the people in this country are so opposed to the other half that that may "fuel the terrorists". What I mean is, everywhere you look, there's a Democrat that's standing up and shouting at the top of his lungs all the obsenities possible about our President and his Administration, anything and everything. I just see the terrorists seeing this and feeling proud that they can attack us, and we split apart. The splitting apart thing may not be just because of the War on Terror or the War in Iraq, but the timing really sucks. I just feel that we should band together more in this time. I know there's issues that Dems and Reps. wont agree on, but all the nit picky BS really doesn't look good for America. Of course, this is all my opinion.

zarquiekia, please read the rules for the board. All articles MUST contain links. Please edit your post and add a link or it will be removed. Thanks

I am new to this broad and you must have a link for all information you post. If it is your own opinion you still have to post a link. Someone help me to understand.

The link is Zarquiekia's personal opinion.

Well, whatever our president does, isn't good enough for Dems. If we tighten border security, "we're getting our freedoms taken away" and "that's what the terrorists want." If we raise the threat level, "we're a fear mongering government." If we don't kill a terrorist, it is Bush's fault. But if we do, he created a martyr.

It's all politics.

But as for fueling terrorism... I don't look at it as fueling terrorism. When these terror groups are dismantled, when their funds are cut, when their camps and sponsorships are eliminated, when their leaders are behind bars, that's how we must fight it.

But we'll WIN this war, in the long run, by the ideals and values of freedom, tolerance, and humanity. People mocked Reagan because he called the Soviets "evil" and he flaunting American ideals as if they were the greatest thing ever.... but they are.

There's a reason we won the Cold War. There's a reason Germans were chearing when the Berlin Wall fell. There's a reason Russians were chearing when the Soviet Union fell. There's a reason Cubans get on rafts and paddle to Florida.

We'll fight this war like no other war we've ever fought, but we'll win this war EXACTLY like we won the Cold War. It'll probably take as long too.

Bush will be right there with Truman. Truman's policy of containment and deterrence against communism has morphed into Bush's policy of preemption and regime change against terrorism.

Originally posted by zarquiekia
I am new to this broad and you must have a link for all information you post. If it is your own opinion you still have to post a link. Someone help me to understand.

The link is Zarquiekia's personal opinion.

No, what you posted was clearly an article from another web page - that requires a link.

Preemptingyou-

For the love of Joss, why are you so intent on hurting the feelings of pinko commie libs? How dare you make such a black & white judgment that the Soviets were evil.

Actually, all of your posts in this thread were very astute. If you have to boil down the difference between America and tyrantical nations- the former USSR, Cuba, China, Saddam's Iraq, Iran, North Korea, etc....- all you have to do is point out that they have to build walls & fences to keep their people in, where we have to build walls & fences to keep people OUT!

Yes, it's just that simple. Reagan, by pushing the Soviet Union into a corner & closer to war with us, ended the Cold War & destroyed The Evil Empire....without a single shot fired.

As for your wish to put politics aside in order to fight the real enemy, I think you might be a little too wishful. See, everything from your vote to your choice of soda is political. EVERYTHING is political. If you want I will tell you who our enemies are:

1) Al Qaeda & other Islamic extremist groups.

2) Liberalism & Political Correctness.

Even though most of us believe that they are separate & mutually exclusive threats, they are, in fact, sharing a symbiotic relationship.

Liberals are not content just to be soft on defense and appease terrorist groups/states- just like they did with the Soviets- but they constantly put roadblocks up in the way of President Bush & the other good Americans who wish to defend this nation.

Basically, it's like the analogy of the playground bully punkin' you down for your lunch money. If you keep giving it up, never fighting back, what message does that send to the bully? Let's just say that you are going to get very dizzy from daily hunger spells.
They want to rely on diplomacy with corrupt nations like France & corrupt bodies like the U.N., all the while trying to negotiate with terrorists. They blame lack of good intelligence while, all the while, they- Clinton, Kerry, Kennedy, etc...- vote to strip funding for human intelligence; if it weren't for Newt FORCING an increase of a billion dollars for CIA human intelligence, just think about where we would be, NOW! They want us to stop the terrorists from boarding the planes. However, they fight us on racial profiling, blame us for infringing on civil liberties, and bitch about long lines at airports for security checks. They give Clinton a free pass on his eight years of dereliction of duty, miserable failure & incompetence, but blame Bush for not acting in 8 months. Now, the fact that a good number of them protested even our going into Afghanistan to get Al Qaeda & the Taliban AFTER 9/11, what would they have said if Bush would have committed to a war with Afghanistan BEFORE 9/11?

In the end, they want to humble & bring America to the status of third-rate nations like France, Germany, & Russia.....if not to her very KNEES!

Yes, liberals & terrorists BOTH wish to destroy America as we know it!

I wish there were more people like preemptingyou03. This is much more important that political parties and finger-pointing. That accomplishes nothing, and terrorism needs to be dealt with.

We'll fight this war like no other war we've ever fought, but we'll win this war EXACTLY like we won the Cold War. It'll probably take as long too.

The west has been fighting radical islam for centurires. So it has already lasted longer than the cold war.

I don't think we can ever truly win the war against radical Islamists. They'll always be there. I do, however, think we should fight for it, anyway, as that will severly disable their ability to hurt us.

Forum List

Back