Who is Most at Fault - AIG Bonuses?

Yeah that will be a great sampling.

Its obviously the people who wrote the contracts to pay the bonuses.

who do you think wrote the contracts?

the same fuckers who are getting the god damned bonuses.

Now they only get ten %

the corporations screw you with the help of your own party and you blame everyone?

Dude you voted for them not me.

Geithner finally admitted to CNN he pushed to have the bonus protection included in the stimulus bill, just as Dodd admitted yesterday that he was the one to actually make certain that language was inserted into the bill. Both men had denied these claims earlier this week.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Geithner: Treasury pushed for bonus loophole « - Blogs from CNN.com

Meanwhile, Nancy Pelosi is laying the blame for the AIG mess at the feet of the Senate leadership:

RealClearPolitics - Video - Pelosi Blames AIG Mess On Senate

And as this furor continues to fester in DC, President Obama held what one account calls "bizarre" town meeting in Los Angeles yesterday afternoon in which he joked about the AIG affair, describing it as a "tizzy". This is the same president who teleprompted outrage over the AIG bonuses just 24 hours earlier.

All the while, even some Democrats in Congress are airing growing frustrations at the administration's seeming inability to remain both focused and competent - to say nothing of the public's outrage.

The Weekly Standard

And the underlying question remains - what did Obama know regarding these bonuses? Was his "outrage" complete fabrication? Was he actually complicit in allowing the bonus protection amendment to be included, therefore saying one thing publicly while doing the exact opposite legislatively?

Or was he completely out of the loop in this process - and if so, who is in fact calling the shots at the White House?

As of now, Obama has given no specifics on that subject - but he is engaging a Jay Leno audience this afternoon.

Last edited:
And today's vote in the house proved beyond a shadow of a doubt what a bunch of thugs are running this country into the ground. I hope to God AIG takes this all the way to the Supreme Court. I don't think it is constitutional for a legislative body to pass a punitive tax at 90%. I am praying to God it goes to court and that it takes an entire four years to play out.. Loudly.

I don't know who put forth this simple idea in the committee hearings yesterday,, but he/she said "We could recover the money by simply witholding it from your next 30 Billion we just allotted." But, no the cluster fuck called the Democratic party had to have a big dog and pony show.. I hope it bites them in the azz..

Currently we KNOW that both Geithner and Dodd lied. It is quite likely that many other Democrats who pretended outrage over the bonus protection were lying as well.

The larger question remains, was Obama lying too?

He either lied, or he has very little control/input into the goings on of his own White House.

I am certain Jay Leno, in his tough question and answer style, will get to the bottom of this...

Currently we KNOW that both Geithner and Dodd lied. It is quite likely that many other Democrats who pretended outrage over the bonus protection were lying as well.

The larger question remains, was Obama lying too?

He either lied, or he has very little control/input into the goings on of his own White House.

I am certain Jay Leno, in his tough question and answer style, will get to the bottom of this...

I said so a million times during the election. He is either incredibly stupid of anything that goes on in his world or he is the world's biggest liar. Like yeah, he sat in church for 20 years and never heard a word Wright said. Now what do you think the odds are of his truth telling right now? About as good as the odds are that TruthMatters tells the truth I'd say.. :eusa_shhh::lol:

this is all too funny.....for 8 years all we hear about is how stupid and inept bush and his cronnies are and the culture of republican corruption.....

barry joe timmy nan and harry sure are doing their best to out do them as fast as possible.....

how sad have we become.....

this is all too funny.....for 8 years all we hear about is how stupid and inept bush and his cronnies are and the culture of republican corruption.....

barry joe timmy nan and harry sure are doing their best to out do them as fast as possible.....

how sad have we become.....
yeah, its gonna be a fun 2 years
:lol:

Obama administration special envoy Richard Holbooke was on the American International Group Inc. board of directors in early 2008 when the insurance company locked in the bonuses now stoking outrage across the U.S.

Holbrooke, a veteran diplomat who is now the administration's point man on Pakistan and Afghanistan, served on the board between 2001 and mid-2008. During that period, AIG undertook the aggressive investment strategies that led to a near-collapse and forced a multibillion-dollar federal bailout.

President Obama has insisted his administration was not responsible for AIG's financial woes, and a White House spokesman said Thursday that Holbrooke was unaware of AIG's decision to award retention bonuses to key employees.

"Mr. Holbrooke had nothing to do with and knew nothing about the bonuses," spokesman Tommy Vietor said.

Close to $165 million in bonus money was paid last weekend.

Obama Envoy Holbrooke Served on AIG Board When Controversial Bonuses Approved - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

Take another day off bobo it's getting worse! :lol:

I think we need to waterboard a few people to get at the truth. What say you?

And today's vote in the house proved beyond a shadow of a doubt what a bunch of thugs are running this country into the ground. I hope to God AIG takes this all the way to the Supreme Court. I don't think it is constitutional for a legislative body to pass a punitive tax at 90%. I am praying to God it goes to court and that it takes an entire four years to play out.. Loudly.

i agree. imo, it smacks of a bill of attainder, a bill or law that is passes to punish specific person or persons. but for the bonus "tizzy" (as dear uncle obama calls it) the bill would never have been introduced, let alone pass.

No they won't they will get 100%, this is a contract and the congressional idiots and Obama signed off on it before they had the chance to read it. If this action today is contested in court AIG wins. It's called contract law.All you are seeing now is a dog and pony show in an attempt to shift blame when the blame falls squarely on the Obama administration. There rush to do this 810 billion dollar stimulus bill without ever giving anyone a chance to read it is their downfall. We have not seen the end of this not only was the stimulus bill rushed so was the 410$ omnibus bill with 9,000 earmarks just wait until we find out what's in that.

Forum List

Back