Who Is More Likely To Be A Racist - A Liberal or a Conservative?

You can't, by definitiion, be Liberal and Racist.

I've said the same thing about Libertarians, at least in the way I've always defined my political leanings.

Perhaps the following people aren't real Liberals, but their comments sure seem racist:

1) Radio host Neil Rogers - “Is you their black-haired answer-mammy who be smart? Does they like how you shine their shoes, Condoleezza? Or the way you wash and park the whitey’s cars?”

2) President Lyndon B. Johnson speaking to two governors on Air Force One according Ronald Kessler’s Book, “Inside The White House” - “I’ll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”

3) Ernest "Fritz" Hollings, Democrat Senator - "Blacks and Hispanics are too busy eating watermelons and tacos to learn how to read and write.”

4) Then there's Harry Reid's comment about Obama in 2008, saying that he had "no Negro dialect" unless he chose to use one.

5) How about Joe Biden's quip "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy... I mean, that's a storybook, man."

6) Is Rod Blagojevich a liberal? "This guy, he was catapulted in on hope and change, what we hope the guy is. What the fuck? Everything he's saying's on the teleprompter. I'm blacker than Barack Obama. I shined shoes. I grew up in a five-room apartment. My father had a little laundromat in a black community not far from where we lived. I saw it all growing up."

7) Certainly Al Sharpton is a liberal! "White folks was in caves while we was building empires... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it."

8) Remember Diane Watson, Democrat State Senator in California? Speaking about Black conservative Ward Connerly in 1996, she opined "He's married to a white woman. He wants to be white. He wants a colorless society. He has no ethnic pride. He doesn't want to be black."

9) I think most would consider Democrat Harry Truman to be a liberal. He was less than subtle in a letter to his wife "I think one man is just as good as another so long as he's not a ****** or a Chinaman. Uncle Will says that the Lord made a White man from dust, a ****** from mud, then He threw up what was left and it came down a Chinaman. He does hate Chinese and Japs. So do I. It is race prejudice, I guess. But I am strongly of the opinion Negroes ought to be in Africa, Yellow men in Asia and White men in Europe and America."

10) Then there's Hillary Clinton's bombshell "Hillary Clinton "You fucking Jew Bastard.", allegedly said to Bill Clinton's campaign manager Paul Fray the night Clinton lost the congressional election. Allegedly...so perhaps we'll give her a pass.

And there are more...many, many more.

I know damn well I could easily find plenty of racist comments from Conservatives as well, but I'm not sure how you account for so many racist comments from self identified Liberals/Progressives.

Racism appears to be a topic du jour in the Flame Zone. It brought to mind the following question: Who would you say is most likely to be a racist - a liberal or a conservative?

Discuss.

Why does that matter? Or do you define racism differently, or condone it more readily, if it is expressed by one group or the other?

Well I think you hit on something important.

I like GC. I really do. Nice guy. But the otherwise interesting discussion he got going (and which he has also been nurturing in another thread) DOES suffer from a peculiar problem.

If he can the rest of us are not working off of the same definition of "racism," then we aren't really having a conversation about the same nominal "topic." Are we?

By the way the USMB member with the name of CausingNausea is still pretty much just a derp.

WHY did I expose myself?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_50pa6LsZE&feature=player_embedded]The World's First DERP: BASEketball, from the creators of southpark, the orginal derpers... - YouTube[/ame]

Admitted racists don't bother me... they're like yapping dogs... not too bright... easy to spot... not to be taken seriously...

Easy to say if you have never been the victim of racism . . . .
Yep!

Yes that study, once you check out who is involved, is as reliable as a study done by exxon/mobile on how burning oil impacts global warming or a study by RJwrenolds about the health risks of smoking :lol:

Present me something from sources that aren't known to be biased towards conservatives or liberals and I'll accept it.

You have anything more specific here? What is it about THIS study that causes you to say this?

You're a fucking retard...

Define "racism"

Define "prejudice"

Define "conservative"

They're all subjective terms and that study clearly had an objective..
Those words aren't all subjective. Actually, just one may be, and I stress MAY.

Racism appears to be a topic du jour in the Flame Zone. It brought to mind the following question: Who would you say is most likely to be a racist - a liberal or a conservative?

Discuss.

My guess is it's about equal George. The rightwingers are more overt but the lefties are just as racist, "oh look at that poor black man he can't take care of himself, poor man" Well, yes he can, the lefties just choose to ignore that fact.

Welfare is just slavery of another kind. In both cases the people involved are considered incapable of taking care of themselves so must be taken care of like the children they are.
Such a terribly wrong analogy. Slaves weren't treated like children who couldn't help themselves. They built this country after all. They were treated as dogs, or less than dogs, work mules, machines. Actually, 3/5ths of a white person, because they weren't considered people...they were considered sub-human. Not as children, but as work horses.

Never make that mistake again.

Discuss.
liberals are more likely to be racist !! when it comes to white Christians and Jews the libbs spout their hate constantly !! and because all blacks are racist that swells the # of racist in the liberal community even higher !!

Discuss.

I think it's impossible to tell. There are enough racists in each group.

I do think conservatives, generally, have a better approach to how we should deal with racisim-ignore it. I believe liberals, generally, in their efforts to make things equal, sometimes, without knowing, can be racist themselves.

Possibly the answer can be discovered exploring what political ideology's fundamental base and political existence rests on the promotion of racism. I would then ask what political ideology promotes universal financial and social enhancement by rewarding those that strive and work to better their lot in life. America is a diverse composite of immigrants of which all were subjected to one form or another of discrimination. What would be the result if the news media did not disclose the ethnic or race of those involved in a crime? Until such time that the character of a man or women is judged by their actions and accomplishments this issue will fester in the media and academia.

liberals are more likely to be racist !! when it comes to white Christians and Jews the libbs spout their hate constantly !! and because all blacks are racist that swells the # of racist in the liberal community even higher !!
qjr2u4mo9oq71.jpg

Racist -- Conservative
Totalitarian -- Liberal

Both sides have very significant flaws.

To be cartoonishly candid, Leftists (Democrats) believe that Blacks (for example) are inferior, and therefore require extraordinary help in order to prevail. Conservatives (Republicans) believe that Blacks are inferior, and thus cannot blame their problems on racial discrimination.

But if Blacks are measurably inferior, both genetically and culturally, then is it "racist" to believe they are inferior? (This has nothing to do with their value as human beings, or there overall goodness).

Consider the following question: I believe that "old Irish-American women are fat." My research reveals that Irish-American women over the age of 60 are, on average, 50 pounds above their ideal weight - that is to say, "fat."

This is not to say that every Irish-American old woman is fat, and if I encounter one who is svelte, certainly SHE should not be offended at my belief - especially since it is demonstrably true, even though it doesn't apply to her.

Democrats, Republicans...equally likely to be racist...likelihood is 100%. Sorry.

But if Blacks are measurably inferior, both genetically and culturally, then is it "racist" to believe they are inferior? (This has nothing to do with their value as human beings, or there overall goodness).
African Americans are not inferior -- they are people who have faced disproportionate hardship thus they deserve help.

People in Russia in 1990s suffered disproportionate hardship as Communist Economy crashed. Murder rate grew by a factor of 8. Now it has fallen to 1980s levels.

African Americans are not inferior -- they are people who have faced disproportionate hardship thus they deserve help.

People in Russia in 1990s suffered disproportionate hardship as Communist Economy crashed. Murder rate grew by a factor of 8. Now it has fallen to 1980s levels.

Chinese were killed in the streets of the USA. No one cared. And they had No recourse. No black slave could be treated like that, so no, they were not facing extraordinary hardships.

By allowing and encouraging cradle to grave stupidity, you GET cradle to grave stupidity.

Chinese were killed in the streets of the USA. No one cared. And they had No recourse. No black slave could be treated like that, so no, they were not facing extraordinary hardships.

By allowing and encouraging cradle to grave stupidity, you GET cradle to grave stupidity.
Even now, most African Americans statistically suffer more hardship then white people. Hurt people of all races and backgrounds need more help.

My nephew: Perfect SATs, straight A's from first through twelfth grade, varsity soccer, lead roles in school theater productions, class president, valedictorian, finals in national spelling bee.

Race: White.

Rejected: Harvard, Yale, and Princeton.

Forum List

Back