Who Is More Likely To Be A Racist - A Liberal or a Conservative?

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
Racism appears to be a topic du jour in the Flame Zone. It brought to mind the following question: Who would you say is most likely to be a racist - a liberal or a conservative?

Discuss.

Last edited:
Who would you say is most likely to be a racist - a liberal or a conservative?

Discuss.

Georgie....definition of terms?

What is a 'racist'?

There are numerous definitions. This one is as good as any other, I supppose:

"Racism is generally understood as either belief that different racial groups are characterized by intrinsic characteristics or abilities and that some such groups are therefore naturally superior to others or as practices that discriminate against members of particular racial groups, for example by perpetuating unequal access to resources between groups."

Racism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But your question is well taken, because I suspect that before this thread is through, such things as overt v. covert racism will be discussed as well as ethnic v. racial differences in human beings and God know what else.

Last edited:
Racism appears to be a topic du jour in the Flame Zone. It brought to mind the following question: Who would you say is most likely to be a racist - a liberal or a conservative?

Discuss.

Not every American fits into one or the other categories.

By that definion both and none of the above.
-Liberals tend to think in terms that certain groups are in "need" of assistance. The thought is contrary to equality.
-Certain sets of Conservative types (your country club set) are known for a "some people just don't belong" mentality.
-In most cases, the type of ignorance that perpetuates what I would call "hardcore" racism (Neo-Nazi and Supremicist groups), has no party.

Discuss.

Not every American fits into one or the other categories.

True. But the question as stated in the OP can still be addressed. If you have thoughts on the racism or lack of racism in those with political persuasions other than liberal or conservative, please feel free to fire away. But my intent was to limit this to liberals v. conservatives only.

Discuss.

What is a 'racist'?

"Racism is generally understood as either belief that different racial groups are characterized by intrinsic characteristics or abilities and that some such groups are therefore naturally superior to others or as practices that discriminate against members of particular racial groups, for example by perpetuating unequal access to resources between groups."

But your question is well taken, because I suspect that before this thread is through, such things as overt v. covert racism will be discussed as well as ethnic v. racial differences in human beings and God know what else.

In such general terms the question is meaningless.

Discuss.

Liberals are the ones who, ad nauseum, over-exercise the use of the term "racist"...

to an extent that borders on pathological denial of their own shortcoming regarding racism...

however, I don't think racism is confined to any particular political persuasion...

Discuss.

however, I don't think racism is confined to any particular political persuasion...

With this I agree; too many labels, and many, many biases in the US.............

Discuss.

What is a 'racist'?

See....this is where 'Liberal' and 'Conservative' come in.

You are suggesting, I believe, that we condemn thinking....creating some sort of civil thought crimes.

"... belief that different racial groups are characterized by blah blah blah...."

See that 'belief'? It means "Something one accepts as true or real; a firmly held opinion or conviction."

As a conservative, I have no intention of preventing you from thinking whatsoever you wish.
As long as that is not moved into the realm of action, that may cause me harm, you go right ahead and think what you wish.

That's why conservatives think of 'crimes,' while liberals imagine 'hate crimes.'

You guys are just one step away from burning books.....

So: be as racist as you wish, just don't do any thing about it.

Racism knows no political boundaries... It exists inside the individual...

Generalizations of this sort serve no purpose...

True, but those individuals get elected and create policies based on that inner belief.

I am mixed race and really hate it when one group is automatically considered less intelligent or in more need of government assistance. I resent hearing that minorities cannot pass written tests as well as non-minorities or that minorites have a more difficult time obtaining IDs than others. I find legislation that assumes one group is less intelligent and less able to function as others in society as racist.

I know the other side believes that if we don't make allowances for minorities and help them to pass tests or vote, that means racism.

I believe in the power of the individual. Succeed or fail, but know that you are the driving force.

I have seen a number of posters taking the position that liberals are generally more racist than conservatives. Do you feel that way? If so, what is it about liberalism that makes it a racist political viewpoint?

Discuss.

Look at progressive policies they're de facto racist....

They all support the lowering of standards for blacks and other minorities - that within itself is racist...

Lets not forget democrats were the ones in the south doing all the lynching..

Forum List

Back