Who Is Messing With the Width of the Threads?

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
HEY! Whoever is doing it, STOP PLAYING WITH THE WIDTH OF THE THREADS!

No one wants to have to scroll back and forth in order to read a post.

Thank you very much.

Elizabeth, New Jersey, when my mother was being raised there in a flat over her father’s grocery store, was an industrial port a quarter the size of Newark, dominated by the Irish working class and their politicians and the tightly knit parish life that revolved around the town’s many churches, and though I never heard her complain of having been pointedly ill-treated in Elizabeth as a girl, it was not until she married and moved to Newark’s new Jewish neighborhood that she discovered the confidence that led her to become first a PTA “grade mother,” then a PTA vice president in charge of establishing a Kindergarten Mothers’ Club, and finally the PTA president, who, after attending a conference in Trenton on infantile paralysis, proposed an annual March of Dimes dance on January 30 – President Roosevelt’s birthday – that was accepted by most schools.

Elizabeth, New Jersey, when my mother was being raised there in a flat over her father’s grocery store, was an industrial port a quarter the size of Newark, dominated by the Irish working class and their politicians and the tightly knit parish life that revolved around the town’s many churches, and though I never heard her complain of having been pointedly ill-treated in Elizabeth as a girl, it was not until she married and moved to Newark’s new Jewish neighborhood that she discovered the confidence that led her to become first a PTA “grade mother,” then a PTA vice president in charge of establishing a Kindergarten Mothers’ Club, and finally the PTA president, who, after attending a conference in Trenton on infantile paralysis, proposed an annual March of Dimes dance on January 30 – President Roosevelt’s birthday – that was accepted by most schools.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thank you very much.

No wide threads on my screen.

Your net access may be suffering from a broadband overage.

Thank you, but I have confirmed the "wide screen" effect with several others. Also, I have a home computer and a work computer. It happens on both.

It doesn't happen all the time - it seems to come and go. Perhaps you just weren't tuned in when it was happening.

This problem has happened on other message boards I have belonged to. When it happened there, it was generally felt that someone with an exceptionally large (wide) sig pic was causing it, i.e., once they posted on a thread, it automatically expanded the width of the thread to accommodate their big-ass sig pic, thereby forcing all of the posts on the thread to become just as wide and necessitating the scroll-left, scroll-right technique in order to read the entire post(s).

I don't see that happening here. I have checked several of the wide threads and found no extra-wide sig pic.

Thank you, but I have confirmed the "wide screen" effect with several others. Also, I have a home computer and a work computer. It happens on both.

It doesn't happen all the time - it seems to come and go. Perhaps you just weren't tuned in when it was happening.

This problem has happened on other message boards I have belonged to. When it happened there, it was generally felt that someone with an exceptionally large (wide) sig pic was causing it, i.e., once they posted on a thread, it automatically expanded the width of the thread to accommodate their big-ass sig pic, thereby forcing all of the posts on the thread to become just as wide and necessitating the scroll-left, scroll-right technique in order to read the entire post(s).

I don't see that happening here. I have checked several of the wide threads and found no extra-wide sig pic.

Wide pics and wide words will do it sometimes. It's just the page that the wide post is in that will get wide.

Here...I'll give you a row of xxx movies:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
:lol:

Last edited:

Wide pics and wide words will do it sometimes. It's just the page that the wide post is in that will get wide.

Here...I'll give you a row of xxx movies:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
:lol:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

There - that should do it . . . :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back