Who Is Messing With the Width of the Threads?

Discussion in 'Announcements and Feedback' started by George Costanza, Jun 7, 2010.

1. George Costanza

George Costanza A Friendly Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    HEY! Whoever is doing it, STOP PLAYING WITH THE WIDTH OF THE THREADS!

No one wants to have to scroll back and forth in order to read a post.

Thank you very much.

2. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    No wide threads on my screen.

Your net access may be suffering from a broadband overage.

3. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Elizabeth, New Jersey, when my mother was being raised there in a flat over her father’s grocery store, was an industrial port a quarter the size of Newark, dominated by the Irish working class and their politicians and the tightly knit parish life that revolved around the town’s many churches, and though I never heard her complain of having been pointedly ill-treated in Elizabeth as a girl, it was not until she married and moved to Newark’s new Jewish neighborhood that she discovered the confidence that led her to become first a PTA “grade mother,” then a PTA vice president in charge of establishing a Kindergarten Mothers’ Club, and finally the PTA president, who, after attending a conference in Trenton on infantile paralysis, proposed an annual March of Dimes dance on January 30 – President Roosevelt’s birthday – that was accepted by most schools.

4. George Costanza

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thank you very much.

5. George Costanza

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    Thank you, but I have confirmed the "wide screen" effect with several others. Also, I have a home computer and a work computer. It happens on both.

It doesn't happen all the time - it seems to come and go. Perhaps you just weren't tuned in when it was happening.

This problem has happened on other message boards I have belonged to. When it happened there, it was generally felt that someone with an exceptionally large (wide) sig pic was causing it, i.e., once they posted on a thread, it automatically expanded the width of the thread to accommodate their big-ass sig pic, thereby forcing all of the posts on the thread to become just as wide and necessitating the scroll-left, scroll-right technique in order to read the entire post(s).

I don't see that happening here. I have checked several of the wide threads and found no extra-wide sig pic.

6. asaratis

asaratis Uppity Senior Citizen Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,516
    Wide pics and wide words will do it sometimes. It's just the page that the wide post is in that will get wide.

Here...I'll give you a row of xxx movies:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    :lol:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  7. George Costanza

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

There - that should do it . . . :eusa_whistle: