Who is in deeper trouble,The Cowboys or Vikings?

who is in more trouble,The Cowboys,or Vikings?

• The Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • The Minnesota Vikings

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
With this weeks upcoming game between two playoff teams who are both surprisingly having major problems this year so far,which one of these teams would you say is in more trouble and has lesser chance to turn things around? please list your reasons.

Dallas, because they'll be 1-4 after this weekend.

Vikes have a tough schedule, and could be 2-5 in three weeks. The loss against Miami hurt them.

Minnesota barely lost to the best team in the NFL. I think they'll lose two more games the rest of the season. Wait until Randy Moss learns the offense.

Vikes have a tough schedule, and could be 2-5 in three weeks. The loss against Miami hurt them.

Minnesota barely lost to the best team in the NFL. I think they'll lose two more games the rest of the season. Wait until Randy Moss learns the offense.

And Sydney Rice gets back. Rice, Moss, Peterson, Harvin, Shiancoe and Favre are a pretty scary unit of skill players. But something is missing, and Favre has become a turnover machine again.

And Sydney Rice gets back. Rice, Moss, Peterson, Harvin, Shiancoe and Favre are a pretty scary unit of skill players. But something is missing, and Favre has become a turnover machine again.

In the second half, he looked like the old Favre. don't forget, he's always been known for TD's AND ints. Dallas is screwed this sunday. and Green Bay the following week. Only scary team I see for the vikes on the schedule is New England.

True. But being from MN I know better than to make predictions or get my hopes up for any team, any year. But when Rice comes back it should be fun to watch.

Dallas has more overall player talent then the Vikes, but can't realize their talent due to lame coaching. So Dallas in deeper trouble.....along with what Elvis said.

Yep. Rice and Moss bring a double deep threat. Stretch that defense out and it can give Peterson room to run and some short dumps to Shaincoe and Harvin. I think Rice's return and Moss settling into the playbook could sync-up the Vikings again, I hope. On a negative note, Griffin is out for the rest of the season and I'm not convinced about Asher Allen yet. :doubt:

And agreed with elvis on the Vike's schedule for the rest of the season.

Dallas needs a new QB, bad, for starters. But at least they have the better stadium. :eusa_angel:

Yeah they wont be able to win in Minnesota and will be 1-4 after this weekend being in an even deeper hole.Either way whoever loses,I will be very happy.I normally dont have anything against the vikings but I hate Brett Farve cause he is a two faced liar who lies every year about retiring.He cant be honest like Kurt Warner and come out and say it and stick to it and I have always hated the cowboys.they have always been my most hated team so either way,I will be happy when one of these teams goes 1-4.:clap2:

The NFC division where the Vikings play doesnt have very many good teams where The Cowboys have to deal with The Giants whom look like they have finally straightened things out and are turning things around and The Redskins even when they are a lousy team,they always play The Cowboys close and tough like they did in the opener against them so The Cowboys have a tougher schedule.

Last edited:
Dallas has more overall player talent then the Vikes, but can't realize their talent due to lame coaching. So Dallas in deeper trouble.....along with what Elvis said.

Yeah thats a good point.The Cowboys have the talent to turn things around just like The Vikings do but you are so right,They wont be able to turn things around because they have lame coaching.I was not one bit at all surprised when they lost to the Titans this past weekend because Wade Phillips sucks as a head coach.I could not believe Jerry Jones was stupid enough to hire him in the first place.whats he ever done in the playoffs as a head coach? nothing.

Sure they beat The Eagles last year but they were a lame duck team that came in and played uninspired in that playoff game against The Cowboys.They did not look motivated or inspired like the Vikings did against them last year in that playoff loss to them so that was hardly impressive.

Phillips is an excellent defensive coordinater,theres no doubt about that.But he is not head coach material.This team committed so many costly penaltys in that game against The Titans,a game that was a MUST win game for them it was unreal.Thats really bad considering that they had an entire bye week to prepare for them.Not surprising though because that sloppy play is a reflection of the head coach.He is the one that is responsible for getting them ready and prepared and they were not.

Look for Jerry Jones to fire Phillips before the year is over.He already gave him the dreaded vote of confidence after losing the first two games.That is always the kiss of death if you dont turn things around.well the cowgirls arent turning things around.:lol:

Last edited:

In the second half, he looked like the old Favre. don't forget, he's always been known for TD's AND ints. Dallas is screwed this sunday. and Green Bay the following week. Only scary team I see for the vikes on the schedule is New England.

I think NE is much less scary without Moss.

yeah if this was last year,they would have gone to the superbowl.Having Both Rice AND Moss on your team and those other players as well? they would have run away with it last year but Yeah,this year Favre is back to his old ways and is a turnover machine.With Rice coming back later in the year like he is expected and the addition of Moss who will open up the offense more for them when he learns the playbook,they have a chance to turn things around and get back in it, but Favre is not having anywhere the kind of year he was having last year.Pushing 40 I never expected that to happen.that was remarkable that he he only threw 7 interceptions and had one of his best years ever.

Yeah something is missing this year and a lot of it is Favre.Those miscues in that Jets game hurt them big time. Favre can still amazingly,thrown the ball deep down the field accurately when the game is on the line,but he is not mentally sound as a quarterback now making boneheaded decisions like last years decision to throw that costly interception at the end againsty the saints instead of keeping the ball and running for the first down and of course monday nights interception against the jets at the end.Physically he still has the tools,but mentally he isnt sound anymore.

Last edited:

Dallas does not have more talent than the Vikings.

True dat. But they do both have lame coaching. :eusa_whistle:

Actually the Vikings have slightly more talent than The Cowboys.they both have a lot of talent,there's no question about that, but The Vikings have slightly more especially with the addition of Moss now.But yeah you are right about the coaching though for sure.They both have lame coaching.

The thing you got to remember though is The Bears and The Panthers were teams to hardly be scared of last year either when they faced them on the road,yet they lost to those teams.You got to remember,Farve being older,gets inconsistant down the stretch towards the end like he did in those games last year.He doesnt like playing in the cold anymore.It affects him mentally.I figure with Rice returning later on and Moss learning the offense more and more as the season wears on,that they will finish around 9-7 and in the NFC where this is a really weak conference with no really good teams,that will probably be good enough to have a bye and host a game at home again like last year.This is all assuming Favre stays healthy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back