Who is hypocritical?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xotoxi, Nov 2, 2009.

?

Who is hypocritical?

1. Liberals are hypocritical

5.0%
  2. Conservatives are hypocritical

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. BOTH liberals and conservatives are hypocritical

95.0%
  4. NEITHER liberals nor conservatives are hypocritical

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  2. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    If we are talking about politicians, either liberal or conservative, I believe them both to be hypocritical. It is my impression, and experience, that politicians will say and do anything to be re-elected. A perfect example is Joe Liberman. He couldn't get elected again as a Democrat so he began to call himself an Independent so he could get reelected. How much more hypocritical than that can you be? The senator from Pennsylvania (name doesn't come instantly to mind) but he was elected as a Republician but has changed over to the Democratic side because he no longer had Republician support in his state. I think this is another example of what I'm talking about.

3. QUENTIN

QUENTIN VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +203
    I voted both, which I tried to make clear in the other thread.

Just as annoying and full of shit as the Republicans who defended Bush policies and actions they now slam Obama for are the legion of loyal Democrats who decried policies under Bush they now defend Obama for continuing or worsening.

4. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,752
    Rgs

5. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    It's the brain dead blind followers who are generally hypocritical

I do think it is of a greater majority on the left though... as we see some many of the far left whack-jobs on a regular basis... though there are some whack-job extreme righties that are quite hypocritical as well

6. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    Hypocrisy is a Human Condition. Nobody is Immune.

Bloomberg might be a better example of saying one thing and then doing the other, like Term Limits. Losing a Primary and then Running in a General Election, doesn't say much for Party Loyalty, I don't know if It is Hypocritical in itself.

I have to vote or not Vote for Mayor of NYC and I am lost right now. What will My choice make Me?

7. L.K.Eder

L.K.Eder unbannable non-troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,772
    it's always the others, those hypocritical fuckers.

8. QUENTIN

QUENTIN VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +203
    Diamond places the problem with "far left" whackjobs and whackjob "extreme righties" I don't think either is accurate.

It's the moderate left and right that fall much more in line with their respective parties and blindly support them since the Democratic party and Republican party are both pretty middle of the road, moderate, and agree on more than they disagree. Both parties contain a few token true progressives (Kucinich) and a few token true conservatives (Paul), but that's far from either party's general makeup or base of support.

Genuinely far left individuals don't identify with the Democratic party because it's too centrist and vote Green or Independent and criticize Democratic presidents and politicians for being too conservative. Genuinely far right individuals don't identify with the Republican party because it's too centrist and vote Libertarian or Independent and criticize Republican presidents and politicians for being too liberal.

Basically, I think you've got it backwards.

9. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    It depends on what aspects you are talking about but I voted both.

The biggest glaring hypocracy I see by conservatives is they support the death penalty but are against abortion because its murder. The liberals do the same they are against the death penalty because you may murder an innocent person but are for abortion which is murdering an innocent life.

Liberals claim to be for open mindedness and acceptance of all different cultures yet they dont accept conservative culture and have a very closed mind about conservative individuals. I explained this view of mine here http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...liberals-intolerant-of-others-viewpoints.html

Conservatives claim to be financially sound yet defecit spend as bad as the democrats. Cons claim to be for a smaller government yet they still create beurocracies.

Liberals claim to want equal opportunity for all yet want to unconstitutionally levy higher taxes on more successful individuals (the constitution says all taxes must be uniform).

Liberals claim to be for the first ammendment yet are the first to try and shut down any dissenting speech (see obama's behavior in the health care debate for an example "stop talking and get out of the way" "Dont tell me how to hold the mop")

yeah it on both sides.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Basically.. you're wrong

The moderate righties and lefties.. the blue dogs and the centrists... are generally LESS hypocritical... they are the voting base that is not in lockstep... hell, they may even change parties or be true independents...

And Paul is not a 'true conservative'.. just as Kooky Kucinich is farther left and whacko than just a 'progressive'

The DEM party is FAR from centrist and has been moving further left over the past 20 or so years... it is increasingly a rare occurrence to see an actual blue dog dem or one that is of more of a centrist view...

And while many CONSERVATIVES don't identify with how the REP party has been, especially under the more moderate 'centrist' Bush administration and the swing towards big government by both moderate and 'hard core' Republicans... conservative does not equal 'far right'... the hypocrisy of may far righties or 'die hard' republicans is well documented in here as well as other places...

And lest we forget the absolute hypocrisy of the far lefties we have in here... which is fully documented and on full display