Who is going to ask for the next "bailout"?

Not to spoil the debate over small business going the Fed for *bailouts* but as the current 700 Billion dollar bait and switch has been a disaster from the beginning I wonder how many new Bank Holding companies suddenly showed up in Washington the day that rule was put in place. However, IMHO the next group or groups to come to Washington with hat in hand will be city governments, which have already begun the process of asking for a "bailout" The city of Phoenix would be the first one that comes to mind as well as the city of L.A. They are already starting the process of lobbying congress for "bailout" funds to make up for revenue shortfalls and wholesale mismanagement of their respective city's Yesterday, one Congressmen put it in prespective IMO , in that once they opened the box with AIG they might not be able to put the demon back in the bottle.
yup, and many of us said it would be just like this from the git go, and opposed it as an unconstitutional use of tax payer funds

now some are beging to figure out why "redistribution of wealth" doesnt work

Why would anyone "gift" Michael Jackson with $7 million???

:doubt: Same reason the government is "gifting" all these big companies :confused:

We were watching TV (C-span) this morning, when the 4 "fat cats" from the auto industry were being questioned; (it went something like this)

Q. How many of you flew here on a commercial flight? Show your response by raising your hand.
A. Silence

Person asking the Question: Let the record show that no one has raised their hand!

Q. How many of you will be selling your coorporate jets? Show your response by raising your hand.
A. Silence

Person asking the Question: Let the record show that no one has raised their hand!

Now if that did not tell the committee something, nuttin will! :doubt:

Can I have my student loans bailed out?

I kid you not Andrew...on the radio on the way home I heard there is a coalition of College Students that has formed and they wish to ask for a bailout of their college loans.

A recent extension to legislation passed by Congress involving the buying out of federal student loans will not affect the daily life of a TCU student, but it will greatly impact those lenders providing the loans, a campus financial aid official said.

The Ensuring Continued Access to Student Loans Act of 2008, which authorized the Education Department to buy federal student loans from education lenders, originally included only loans made in the 2008-09 school year. However, as of Nov. 7, loans made in 2009-10 are also eligible.

continued: Daily Skiff

Last edited:

Forum List

Back