Who is going to ask for the next "bailout"?

American small businesses are the backbone of America. If a small diner in a sleepy town that serves the same 100 people every day loses money in the stock market, why shouldn't this diner which is too big to fail in this sleepy town be bailed out?

The government is taking a macroeconomicses viewpoint of the country - when the country is made up of a whole bunch of microeconomicses. Anyone ever play Jenga? Take out the wrong wooden peg and the entire thing collapses. We didn't bail out Bear Sterns, we didn't bail out Lehman Brothers, Goldman Sachs is down 75% from this time last year, Ford, GM, Chyseler are all going to fail... AIG got money and they're sending their execs on massive trips and giving their executives bonuses... but the most important wooden peg of that Jenga structure, the common, middle class American is being left out. $700 billion and not one American has seen a dime of it, not one bank's bad debt was bought up, not one mortgage was saved... and that little wooden peg is slipping further and further.

Be careful Paulson. Be careful Kashkari (chump), be careful Dodd and Frank and all of you other morons with your hands on the wheel of the Titanic... that iceberg is dead ahead and all of you are looking the wrong way. Keep steering in this direction and we know what the end result will be.

American small businesses are the backbone of America. If a small diner in a sleepy town that serves the same 100 people every day loses money in the stock market, why shouldn't this diner which is too big to fail in this sleepy town be bailed out?

The government is taking a macroeconomicses viewpoint of the country - when the country is made up of a whole bunch of microeconomicses. Anyone ever play Jenga? Take out the wrong wooden peg and the entire thing collapses. We didn't bail out Bear Sterns, we didn't bail out Lehman Brothers, Goldman Sachs is down 75% from this time last year, Ford, GM, Chyseler are all going to fail... AIG got money and they're sending their execs on massive trips and giving their executives bonuses... but the most important wooden peg of that Jenga structure, the common, middle class American is being left out. $700 billion and not one American has seen a dime of it, not one bank's bad debt was bought up, not one mortgage was saved... and that little wooden peg is slipping further and further.

Be careful Paulson. Be careful Kashkari (chump), be careful Dodd and Frank and all of you other morons with your hands on the wheel of the Titanic... that iceberg is dead ahead and all of you are looking the wrong way. Keep steering in this direction and we know what the end result will be.
wow, you have come around to the position most of us conservatives had before the FIRST one
what took so long?

wow, you have come around to the position most of us conservatives had before the FIRST one
what took so long?

I've noticed that about David too....didn't he start out a month ago yelling that we need to bailout GM?

what took so long?

When they bait and switched me, I got pissed off. They changed their minds as far as buying up toxic mortgages. Then articles came out that $350 billion has been used to buy stock in huge massive banks and the rich are using that money for dividends and bonuses and junkets. Then articles came out that the bailout was a mess... for the life of me, I can't understand why people aren't up in arms about this. Where are those people who stopped traffic and "captured" buildings to protest this like they did the Iraq War?

It is because of this non-chilantness, this lack of response by the united states people, that allows these assholes to do whatever they want. If we had even half the response we did to the Iraq War, government would be held more accountable for their spending.

I've noticed that about David too....didn't he start out a month ago yelling that we need to bailout GM?

I thought that... I thought "ok, GM got hit by the credit freeze" then I saw an article where the CEO of GM said they're not going to declare bankruptcy despite the rumors. What's so special about that article? It was written 3 years ago. If they've been having this kind of trouble for 3 years, well... they don't deserve a dime of my money. To defend AIG, they were doing just fine a year ago, as was Bear Sterns, Lehman's, etc. GM? On shaky ground, barely afloat. Disgusts me.

When they bait and switched me, I got pissed off. They changed their minds as far as buying up toxic mortgages. Then articles came out that $350 billion has been used to buy stock in huge massive banks and the rich are using that money for dividends and bonuses and junkets. Then articles came out that the bailout was a mess... for the life of me, I can't understand why people aren't up in arms about this. Where are those people who stopped traffic and "captured" buildings to protest this like they did the Iraq War?

It is because of this non-chilantness, this lack of response by the united states people, that allows these assholes to do whatever they want. If we had even half the response we did to the Iraq War, government would be held more accountable for their spending.

Oh, there's plenty of protesting going on David....but it's us same "Tin Foil Hat Wearing Loonies" that are doing it....every free moment they get....no one listens. We've been trying to start a Revolution for some time....but there are manicures to get done and ball games to attend...

Care to join the tin foil hat society yet?

Oh, and it's not about being a Democrat or Republican or Libertarian...it's about being an American. Yup, those nut job loonies who are protesting out there ......they're patriots. But somehow the media has painted them like a clown....

Campaign For Liberty — Home

bailout.jpg

img_360207_t.jpg

83010076.jpg

610x.jpg

what took so long?
"American small businesses are the backbone of America..."

...and there's that apt handling of the language of argument at play once again.

~I'll admit it is entertaining.:popcorn:

Oh, there's plenty of protesting going on David....but it's us same "Tin Foil Hat Wearing Loonies" that are doing it....every free moment they get....no one listens. We've been trying to start a Revolution for some time....but there are manicures to get done and ball games to attend...

Oh, and it's not about being a Democrat or Republican or Libertarian...it's about being an American. Yup, those nut job loonies who are protesting out there ......they're patriots. But somehow the media has painted them like a clown....

Campaign For Liberty — Home

Weren't these photos from two months ago? I've seen these Somali Pirates get more news than this bait and switch has.

The bailout bill isn't bailing anyone out. The bad debt bill is buying up bad debt. Millions of Americans are losing their homes and we haven't done ANYTHING for them.

Infuriates me to no end.

Weren't these photos from two months ago? I've seen these Somali Pirates get more news than this bait and switch has.

The bailout bill isn't bailing anyone out. The bad debt bill is buying up bad debt. Millions of Americans are losing their homes and we haven't done ANYTHING for them.

Infuriates me to no end.

The photo's are from September...but the protesting goes on daily. Like I said, no one is paying attention. No one will until the numbers grow larger and you get your ass out there too David. Instead of complaining in here....help the Revolutionaries out there.

Speaking as a long time member of that august body I have to tell you that the career advancement opportunities are dismal.

OTOH, we have the best parties!

Speaking as a long time member of that august body I have to tell you that the career advancement opportunities are dismal.

OTOH, we have the best parties!

lol I don't know ed....some of the passionate tin foil hat loonies are pretty damned loonie!

Infuriates me to no end.

Here you go David...you're in NY.....

Fellow Patriots,

I know you haven't heard from me since the Ron Paul campaign ended. But as you are all aware, Ron Paul is still continuing the fight through 'Campaign For Liberty'. The campaign was just the beginning and we have to continue to work hard to preserve the constitution and save our Republic

People these days are worried about the economy, their jobs and their future, it is the perfect time to wake people up and educate them about the evil's of the Federal Reserve Bank.

This saturday (11-22-08) there will be a nationwide protest and for us around New York City we will be protesting and doing outreach near the Fed building in Manhattan from noon to atleast 5pm.
No more bailouts! No more banker robbery of We the People.

We will have signs, t-shirts, dvd's and are expecting a big turnout.

For more info please visit our meetup site linked below and if you have not joined yet, please do so. End the Fed Outreach (12:00 PM to 5:00 PM) - ALL DAY LONG - Greater NYC Campaign for Liberty (New York, NY) - Meetup.com

I know it's tempting to stay indoors in the cold weather but we have to make some sacrifices if we want to see real change. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE show up this saturday. We don't have time to wait for others to make a difference.

If not us than who? If not now then when?

--
In Liberty,

Jobeyer Ahmed
www.nyccfl.com

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."
--Samuel Adams,

Not to spoil the debate over small business going the Fed for *bailouts* but as the current 700 Billion dollar bait and switch has been a disaster from the beginning I wonder how many new Bank Holding companies suddenly showed up in Washington the day that rule was put in place. However, IMHO the next group or groups to come to Washington with hat in hand will be city governments, which have already begun the process of asking for a "bailout" The city of Phoenix would be the first one that comes to mind as well as the city of L.A. They are already starting the process of lobbying congress for "bailout" funds to make up for revenue shortfalls and wholesale mismanagement of their respective city's Yesterday, one Congressmen put it in prespective IMO , in that once they opened the box with AIG they might not be able to put the demon back in the bottle.

Forum List

Back