Who is going to ask for the next "bailout"?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by CA95380, Nov 18, 2008.

1. CA95380

CA95380 USMB Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +186
  2. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    American small businesses are the backbone of America. If a small diner in a sleepy town that serves the same 100 people every day loses money in the stock market, why shouldn't this diner which is too big to fail in this sleepy town be bailed out?

The government is taking a macroeconomicses viewpoint of the country - when the country is made up of a whole bunch of microeconomicses. Anyone ever play Jenga? Take out the wrong wooden peg and the entire thing collapses. We didn't bail out Bear Sterns, we didn't bail out Lehman Brothers, Goldman Sachs is down 75% from this time last year, Ford, GM, Chyseler are all going to fail... AIG got money and they're sending their execs on massive trips and giving their executives bonuses... but the most important wooden peg of that Jenga structure, the common, middle class American is being left out. $700 billion and not one American has seen a dime of it, not one bank's bad debt was bought up, not one mortgage was saved... and that little wooden peg is slipping further and further.

Be careful Paulson. Be careful Kashkari (chump), be careful Dodd and Frank and all of you other morons with your hands on the wheel of the Titanic... that iceberg is dead ahead and all of you are looking the wrong way. Keep steering in this direction and we know what the end result will be.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. DiveCon

DiveCon gone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,387
    wow, you have come around to the position most of us conservatives had before the FIRST one
    what took so long?

4. GigiBowman

GigiBowman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I've noticed that about David too....didn't he start out a month ago yelling that we need to bailout GM?

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    I'd sell out.

Nobody's made me a serious offer in years, though.

6. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    When they bait and switched me, I got pissed off. They changed their minds as far as buying up toxic mortgages. Then articles came out that $350 billion has been used to buy stock in huge massive banks and the rich are using that money for dividends and bonuses and junkets. Then articles came out that the bailout was a mess... for the life of me, I can't understand why people aren't up in arms about this. Where are those people who stopped traffic and "captured" buildings to protest this like they did the Iraq War?

It is because of this non-chilantness, this lack of response by the united states people, that allows these assholes to do whatever they want. If we had even half the response we did to the Iraq War, government would be held more accountable for their spending.

7. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    I thought that... I thought "ok, GM got hit by the credit freeze" then I saw an article where the CEO of GM said they're not going to declare bankruptcy despite the rumors. What's so special about that article? It was written 3 years ago. If they've been having this kind of trouble for 3 years, well... they don't deserve a dime of my money. To defend AIG, they were doing just fine a year ago, as was Bear Sterns, Lehman's, etc. GM? On shaky ground, barely afloat. Disgusts me.

8. GigiBowman

GigiBowman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Oh, there's plenty of protesting going on David....but it's us same "Tin Foil Hat Wearing Loonies" that are doing it....every free moment they get....no one listens. We've been trying to start a Revolution for some time....but there are manicures to get done and ball games to attend...

Care to join the tin foil hat society yet?

Oh, and it's not about being a Democrat or Republican or Libertarian...it's about being an American. Yup, those nut job loonies who are protesting out there ......they're patriots. But somehow the media has painted them like a clown....

Campaign For Liberty — Home

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. matty

matty SUMbodyweedemOUT

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23
    "American small businesses are the backbone of America..."

...and there's that apt handling of the language of argument at play once again.

~I'll admit it is entertaining.:popcorn:

10. matty

matty SUMbodyweedemOUT

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23
    ~And ME, I'm next. :)