Who is God? Use the Bible only.

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
I will start.

God is creator of the heavens and the earth.

Genesis 1:1

God is plural. He says, "Let us....."

Genesis 1:26

God is the creator of humans.

Genesis 1:27

Your turn.

Fair enough. Let's describe god together using only the Bible. Chapter and verse references are obligatory. You point out the things I miss. I will point out the things you miss. It will be a hoot and a holler.

Shall you start the thread or shall I?

Wait. You start it. I don't trust you to use the Bible. I don't want to he guilty of starting a thread for retards to make up their own god. It will be Bible only if I start it. I don't trust you to use the Bible at all with your arguments. On second thought, never mind.

Ignore the Bible as hard as you can. I won't interfere.
I’ll start.

What is the meaning of the account of Christ in the storm?

Where is the thread and what is it titled?
I’m doing it here.

When you get ready let me know. I see no assertion, no verse reference and no thread. You are a troublemaker and have no desire to learn or to teach. You just like to criticize people for fun. That is fine. That is sort of what these forums are all about. I want to have a semi serious discussion about the God in the Bible and you are asking me questions about a storm.
You don’t need a reference.

Surely you recall this, right?

So come on. You are stalling.
Fair enough. Let's describe god together using only the Bible. Chapter and verse references are obligatory. You point out the things I miss. I will point out the things you miss. It will be a hoot and a holler.

Shall you start the thread or shall I?

Wait. You start it. I don't trust you to use the Bible. I don't want to he guilty of starting a thread for retards to make up their own god. It will be Bible only if I start it. I don't trust you to use the Bible at all with your arguments. On second thought, never mind.

Ignore the Bible as hard as you can. I won't interfere.
I’ll start.

I’m doing it here.

When you get ready let me know. I see no assertion, no verse reference and no thread. You are a troublemaker and have no desire to learn or to teach. You just like to criticize people for fun. That is fine. That is sort of what these forums are all about. I want to have a semi serious discussion about the God in the Bible and you are asking me questions about a storm.

So come on. You are stalling.[/QUOTE

I will start.

Your turn.

I’ll start.

I’m doing it here.

I’ll start.

I’m doing it here.

No, dude. We already started. I started in the NT. I’m proving you don’t know anything about what Christians believe.

So I am asking you a simple question.

xxxxxxxx Edited
ding

Last edited by a moderator:
I will start.

Your turn.

I’ll start.

I’m doing it here.

I’ll start.

I’m doing it here.

According to which denomination's interpretation?

I will start.

Your turn.

I’ll start.

I’m doing it here.

I’ll start.

I’m doing it here.

God was created by humans to explain things they could not. After a few generations of passing the myth down verbally someone decided to write it down. Suitably embellished of course.

I will start.

Your turn.

I’m doing it here.

I’m doing it here.

According to which denomination's interpretation?

I am using the King James Bible. You are free to use any denominational interpretation as long as you have a scripture or scriptures to back up the claim.

I am using the King James Bible but this is just a discussion. Other translations are ok.

The best way to prove he’s not genuine is to ask him what each of the parables means.

He doesn’t have a clue because he’s a fake.

I will start.

Your turn.

I’m doing it here.

I’m doing it here.

God was created by humans to expalex things they could not. After a few generations of passing the myth down verbally someone decided to write it down. Suitably embellished of course.

Yes. This is the god we are describing in this thread. Use Bible verses when asserting His attributes. His fictitious attributes aren't relevant in this discussion. Your descriptions have to come from the Bible. The Bible does not say God is invented by humans thus your comment was improper.

I will start.

Your turn.

I’m doing it here.

I’m doing it here.

God was created by humans to expalex things they could not. After a few generations of passing the myth down verbally someone decided to write it down. Suitably embellished of course.

Yes. This is the god we are describing in this thread. Use Bible verses when asserting His attributes. His fictitious attributes aren't relevant in this discussion. Your descriptions have to come from the Bible. The Bible does not say God is invented by humans thus your comment was improper.

Don't be silly.

The whole fiction was made to convince people he does exist.

There will be no no bible verses that say he doesn't.

I will start.

Your turn.

Don't be silly.

Dude. I am an atheist. Calm down. My objective is to accurately represent the god in the Bible.

I will start.

Your turn.

Don't be silly.

Dude. I am an atheist. Calm down. My objective is to accurately represent the god in the Bible.
Ok.

Why?

The best way to prove he’s not genuine is to ask him what each of the parables means.

He doesn’t have a clue because he’s a fake.

The topic of this thread is theology. You can start as many threads as you want about parables or storms. This thread is about theology. Who is God? If you don't know anything about God then go away. The faster the better.

I will start.

Your turn.

Don't be silly.

Who was Huckleberry Finn?

Oh, yea, that doesn't matter; he's a human invention.

For crying out loud, it's a straightforward question.

I will start.

Your turn.

Don't be silly.

Who was Huckleberry Finn?

Oh, yea, that doesn't matter; he's a human invention.

Derp. For crying out loud, it's a straightforward question.

Huckleberry Finn has attributes. I can tell you a lot about him. Huckleberry Finn was an American boy from the early 19th century with a dead mother and a cruel father. He had a great deal of wealth that his father wanted to steal so he gave his wealth away to a judge. Huckleberry Finn didn't like rules and fantasized about adventure. He pursues that adventure by breaking free from being locked away by his father.

Just because a character is fictitious doesn't make them impossible to describe with accuracy. Why do you thing people are obligated to describe God falsely? Just because he is made up? That is fucking retarded. You are not obligated to lie about made up characters.

God hates 6 of these 7 things: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rabidly to evil, a false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among the brethren.

God is a god of hate.

Proverbs 6:16-19

I don't know the exact chapter and verse, but the Bible clearly states, "God is love." I guess that's as good a definition as any.

These are probably the verses you are seeking:

“Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love” (John 4: 7, 8, KJV).

Here's a special gift for you, a link to one of the best Biblical research sources out there. The link provides dozens of versions and has both word search and verse search. I use it all the time.

BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.

Forum List

Back