who is commiting the vast majority of world terrorism?

who is responsible for the vast majority of world terrorism?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Vintij said:
The interesting thing about terrorism, is that in a way it's always religious.

Vintij said:
I am implying that religious irresponsibility in general is the foundation of terrorism and it goes back to the formation of the catholic church.

How about secularist irresponsibility? How about the 20,000,000 killed under Stalin's regime? Or the 40,000,000 under Mao?

Let's not forget the "unholy alliance" of the Left together with Islamofascism that is in play today.

How about secularist irresponsibility? How about the 20,000,000 killed under Stalin's regime? Or the 40,000,000 under Mao?

Let's not forget the "unholy alliance" of the Left together with Islamofascism that is in play today.

Actually 15 million died from the war, 20 more under stalins communist regime. Lets not compare lenninism to religious extremism. That is getting a bit out of context.

If you want to compare secular violence to religious violence that is within context and can be refuted by simply naming several instances in which leaders conducted violent policy based on religion.

I can contrast that argument by exploiting the fact that Hitler was a christian.

I can go back in time and quote 13 different genocidal catholic popes if you wish?

Fanaticism is what the focus needs to be on in terms of terrorist foundation and ability to thrive. They place their deep superstitions above liberty, education and intellect.....The point of this is to let you know that right NOW, and over the past 2 decades....it is not lenninism or Marxism or Communism that poses the greatest threat of terrorism. It is religious fanaticism. There may have been points in history where religion was not the driving force of spreading violence, but I can assure you that as a whole....the human race has suffered far greater casualties stemming directly or indirectly from religion. It can also account for recent terrorist activity as well.

Actually 15 million died from the war, 20 more under stalins communist regime. Lets not compare lenninism to religious extremism. That is getting a bit out of context.

If you want to compare secular violence to religious violence that is within context and can be refuted by simply naming several instances in which leaders conducted violent policy based on religion.

I can contrast that argument by exploiting the fact that Hitler was a christian.

I can go back in time and quote 13 different genocidal catholic popes if you wish?

Fanaticism is what the focus needs to be on in terms of terrorist foundation and ability to thrive. They place their deep superstitions above liberty, education and intellect.....The point of this is to let you know that right NOW, and over the past 2 decades....it is not lenninism or Marxism or Communism that poses the greatest threat of terrorism. It is religious fanaticism. There may have been points in history where religion was not the driving force of spreading violence, but I can assure you that as a whole....the human race has suffered far greater casualties stemming directly or indirectly from religion. It can also account for recent terrorist activity as well.

No way was Hitler a force representing Christianity. He was a Nazi fascist totalitarian with an Aryan supremacy twist. WWII was not a religious war and accounts for about 70 million lives lost.

Can you really "assure me" that religion has caused more casualties than secularism? Please provide numbers to substantiate that. So far I've listed about 130 million lost due to secular ideology. There's more.

No way was Hitler a force representing Christianity. He was a Nazi fascist totalitarian with an Aryan supremacy twist. WWII was not a religious war and accounts for about 70 million lives lost.

Can you really "assure me" that religion has caused more casualties than secularism? Please provide numbers to substantiate that. So far I've listed about 130 million lost due to secular ideology. There's more.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=18164

The amount of people that were murdered by Mohammed and his armies as he forcefully imposed his new religion on the Arabian Peninsula in the seventh century and the many more that his followers slaughtered in the coming centuries, is huge. The same goes with the other large religions. War was regularly undertaken to convert people into Hinduism, Buddhism, and other creeds. One must not leave aside the thousands of religions that existed prior to the apparition of the large ones of today, for those were just as murderous in their efforts to convert those who did not believe in their ideas.

When all those figures get added up, it is certain that the number is larger and probably exponentially larger than the deaths caused by the secular regimes of the twentieth century. According to demographers, the amount of people that have lived on this world since the apparition of the human specie has been of about eighty billion. An objective analysis thus, takes into account all of those people and all of that time. It therefore considers the 100,000 years of human history and not just the last two thousand years.

I'm marking Other. There's no doubt that Greek pagans are responsible for most of the world's deaths throughout history. Zeus has probably killed more people with forest fires from lightning bolts than any other religious figure besides Poseidon. No, really.

I'm marking Other. There's no doubt that Greek pagans are responsible for most of the world's deaths throughout history. Zeus has probably killed more people with forest fires from lightning bolts than any other religious figure besides Poseidon. No, really.

I ended up marking other to. As I stated previously, its a fact that almost all terrorism in the world is political in nature. Its not really fair to link the catholic church to the IRA, the hindu relgion to the Tamil Tigers, or islam to al qaeda extremists. Those terrorist groups primarily have political goals.

If one simply felt compelled to make some tenuous, irrelevant link to a particular religion, I would guess that most deaths from terrorist acts come from hindu separatists in south asia and sri lanka, who've almost certainly killed far more people than hezbollah and al qaeda combined; or perhaps even the terrorism linked to african nativist religions of sub-saharan africa.

Im really glad to see all the discussion and voting on this, but im really surprised that some think, christians are responsible for the worlds terrorism, but i value your opinions, even if i dont agree with all of them :rofl:

I ended up marking other to. As I stated previously, its a fact that almost all terrorism in the world is political in nature. Its not really fair to link the catholic church to the IRA, the hindu relgion to the Tamil Tigers, or islam to al qaeda extremists. Those terrorist groups primarily have political goals.

If one simply felt compelled to make some tenuous, irrelevant link to a particular religion, I would guess that most deaths from terrorist acts come from hindu separatists in south asia and sri lanka, who've almost certainly killed far more people than hezbollah and al qaeda combined; or perhaps even the terrorism linked to african nativist religions of sub-saharan africa.

Well except for that pesky little fact that AQ claims its authority and power to act UNDER the umbrella of the Islamic religion. They act because of what they say the religion teaches them to do based on Gods word and the words of Mohammad. Pretending other wise is simply stupid. AND they are supported in those claims by a large segment of the religion and the religions Religious Leaders.

In the case of Northern Ireland the Protestants and Catholics did not claim they were acting under the authority or in accordance with the wishes of their God. None of the Narco terrorists or Marxists in South and Central America claim to be doing Gods work. I do not know about the Hindu's but I doubt they are using religious doctrine to justify their actions. The closest your gonna get to that would be the Croat idiot and he was roundly condemned by the Catholic Church and all other Christian religious leaders.

Forum List

Back