Who is better in a debate: Obama or Romney?

Who is better in a debate?

• Obama

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Romney

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Equal

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
Not true. The uneployment rate was 12% 3 years ago. Now, it is 9%.

Nope that's not true. Unemployment was much better 3 years ago.

bullshit!

You're the one full of bullshit. We are a small business in a specialty trade of construction. We laid off employees for the first time in 20 years, we still can't hire them back. What makes you all knowing and thinking things are better. Just because you say it doesn't make it so.

My retirement savings is gone, my employees have been cut to 4 day weeks, so no I'm not better off.

I'm struggling to make payroll every week because there is so little work. If things don't get better soon, we're going to have to shut our doors.

Are you familiar with prevailing wage and the certified payrolls???

I believe that you have a struggling business. I understand the effects that the shit economy has had on small businesses. I don't believe that your costs are doubled when you are performing a "stimulus money" contract. That is horseshit and bullshit.

You going to be honest and tell the class WHEN YOUR BUSINESS BEGAN TO SOUR? It is not a result of what President Obama has done. If you make that claim, you are a liar.

Yep, when he started doling out all that money, he made the Davis-Bacon Act mandatory for every project that received government money. The majority of construction happening right now is a result of the stimulus. We have not made a penny on any of them, in fact we lost $43,000 on the last one. Still fighting to get paid that money. Our labor usually runs about 16-18 per hr. Davis Bacon Wages require 25-30 per hour with $5.00+ in fringe benefits. Don't tell me it hasn't doubled my labor. Would you like to come see my payroll numbers?? Why the hell would I lie about something like that?? Oh and don't forget about all the extra I have to pay to prepare certified payrolls which is a huge pain.

Come sit at my desk one day and tell me again you don't believe me.

I'll be honest, we're much worse off than we were three years ago. We actually came through the first part of this crash pretty good because we hand contracts in house. Now there are about 1/3 the contracts and if we have to work on a project that got stimulus money it costs us twice as much in the extra pay and paperwork required. So no I'm definitely not better off.

Not true. The uneployment rate was 12% 3 years ago. Now, it is 9%.

No, it wasn't. When Obama took office, it was a 7.8%, higher than the 6.7% when he won the election. Essentially, companies were shedding jobs at a faster rate once they knew Barry Welfare was coming.

It hit a height of 10.1% in October, 2009, but it hasn't really come down. The problem with the UE is that it's artificial, it only measures people who are looking for work, not the REal number of unemployed. Once a job seeker gives up, they stop counting him.

The real unemployment rate right now is close to 22%, if you count those who've given up, are only taking part time work, etc.

Ah..so NOW UE numbers are artificial. But when Bush was in power..and it was hovering at around 5%..that was true blue. Even though there were massive layoffs and offshoring everywhere you looked.

Got it! :lol:

Yea, Obama hands down. On the other had, Newt would eat Obama for dinner.

While it looks like Newt has a good apetite..I wouldn't say he was a cannibal.

And "how" exactly would Newt win against Obama. He's said some pretty preposterous things during the Republican debates.

Bernake the most "inflationary" fed chairman in history? Really?
Newt would win against obamaturd just because he is smarter than the idiot in charge. Obamaturd has said a lot more stupid things and you idiots still support the fool.

Here's news for you. Newt Shitsmiler ain't as smart as you may think. I'd love to see him win the nod. You idiots have short and I mean really short memories.

So it would be so much fun to introduce you to the Newt Shitsmiler we all know and love. The one who was banging his much younger secretaries on his desk while his wife was battling cancer. I realize those are fine upstanding conservative family values..but to the rest of us Americans..that's replusive.

There's currently no one close to Obama's skill-set in debating in politics right now. They don't hold a candle.

For those of you Fantasy Football fans, The Noot would get mopped up by Obama.

Obama would absolutely mop the floor with Noot.

Newt's got the theocratic vote locked up. That's about it.

Many Republican/Tea Party supporters want to sidestep this question because they realize that compared to their candidates, Obama's verbal skills put him in a league of his own!

As for Newt, he has never been a major player during the presidential campaign until now - let's see how he weathers the scrutiny that other frontrunners have had to face!

Last edited:
-Al Qaeda disrupted and practically destroyed.Again, happened on Bush's watch.

No it didn't! WTF are you smoking? Most of the dismantlement of Al Qaeda has occured since bin Laden's death. Dumbass.

And most of it would have happened no matter who the President was. Fortunately, we have a group of men and women to go quietly about the business of keeping this nation safe. Of course, we don't give them any credit, we prefer to give the credit for their hard work to some half assed lying POS in the White House.

Well, most of us... not me. I thank them.... the ones who do the real shit that really keeps us safe... despite the politicians insulting behavior of claiming credit for it.

Nope that's not true. Unemployment was much better 3 years ago.

You're the one full of bullshit. We are a small business in a specialty trade of construction. We laid off employees for the first time in 20 years, we still can't hire them back. What makes you all knowing and thinking things are better. Just because you say it doesn't make it so.

My retirement savings is gone, my employees have been cut to 4 day weeks, so no I'm not better off.

I'm struggling to make payroll every week because there is so little work. If things don't get better soon, we're going to have to shut our doors.

Are you familiar with prevailing wage and the certified payrolls???

I believe that you have a struggling business. I understand the effects that the shit economy has had on small businesses. I don't believe that your costs are doubled when you are performing a "stimulus money" contract. That is horseshit and bullshit.

You going to be honest and tell the class WHEN YOUR BUSINESS BEGAN TO SOUR? It is not a result of what President Obama has done. If you make that claim, you are a liar.

Yep, when he started doling out all that money, he made the Davis-Bacon Act mandatory for every project that received government money. The majority of construction happening right now is a result of the stimulus. We have not made a penny on any of them, in fact we lost $43,000 on the last one. Still fighting to get paid that money. Our labor usually runs about 16-18 per hr. Davis Bacon Wages require 25-30 per hour with $5.00+ in fringe benefits. Don't tell me it hasn't doubled my labor. Would you like to come see my payroll numbers?? Why the hell would I lie about something like that?? Oh and don't forget about all the extra I have to pay to prepare certified payrolls which is a huge pain.

Come sit at my desk one day and tell me again you don't believe me.

I believe ya..if that's any concilation. I ran a business a while back..it was no picnic. You sound like a straight shooter to me.

No it didn't! WTF are you smoking? Most of the dismantlement of Al Qaeda has occured since bin Laden's death. Dumbass.

And most of it would have happened no matter who the President was. Fortunately, we have a group of men and women to go quietly about the business of keeping this nation safe. Of course, we don't give them any credit, we prefer to give the credit for their hard work to some half assed lying POS in the White House.

Well, most of us... not me. I thank them.... the ones who do the real shit that really keeps us safe... despite the politicians insulting behavior of claiming credit for it.
"And most of it would have happened no matter who the President was" - California Girl" seems to have conveniently forgotten that Obama had to make the decision to sent troops into Pakistan to get Bin Laden. It was not inevitable that Bin Laden was killed in Pakistan, it was a military operation that had to be supported by the "commander in chief."

That was a huge political risk - one that Republicans/Tea Party supporters now choose to downplay because it was a success.

Last edited:
The idea that Obama is not an effective leader is just dumb.

Really? Perhaps you'd like to share with the class a few examples of his leadership. Start with the super committee where he stood back uninvolved and did nothing and then pointed fingers when they failed. What leadership did he show there?

i'll be honest, we're much worse off than we were three years ago. We actually came through the first part of this crash pretty good because we hand contracts in house. Now there are about 1/3 the contracts and if we have to work on a project that got stimulus money it costs us twice as much in the extra pay and paperwork required. So no i'm definitely not better off.

bullshit!

Yeap these people will lie about anything

Speaking from experience?

I am not buying.

Why would you do a project that you know you won't make money on?

If government jobs are the majority of projects now...shouldn't you be thaning the President?

Are you seriously trying to saddle Obama with the Davis-Bacon Act?

NO, actually, it really hasn't.

Most of their funds seized- Under bush.
Their friendly sponsors in Afghanstian Toppled- Under Bush.
Their Allies in Iraq- Killed under Bush
Khalid Sheik Mohammed captured- Under Bush.
Hundreds of them captured- under Bush.

All The Community Organizer did was kill the last few stragglers, including Bin Laden, hiding in their spider holes.

But I realize you don't understand military stuff...

Forum List

Back