Who is better in a debate: Obama or Romney?

Who is better in a debate?

• Obama

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Romney

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Equal

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
The idea that Obama is not an effective leader is just dumb.

unless you actually look at his pathetic record.

9% unemployment
First downgrade of US credit in history.
$4.00 a gallon gasoline
4.5 trillion in new debt.
Lost the largest number of seats in Congress since 1938.

He should be happy he's not Japanese, he'd have been expected to fall on his sword by now.

Yeah..lets have a look.

Mocking in Red...

-Healthcare bill passed.-To bad it'll be declared unconstitutional.

-Dodd/Frank passed.Foxes watching the hens.

-Financial infrastructure rescued.Yes, Bush did that. Not that you'll give him credit.

-Osama bin Laden killed.Good thing Bush rebuilt the military to make that possible.

-Pirates killed.So what? besides, the pirates are still very much in business.

-No significant large scale terrorist attacks on the homeland.Hasn't been since 2001.

-Al Qaeda disrupted and practically destroyed.Again, happened on Bush's watch.

-Improved relations with other nations.Not really.

-SALT passed. So what?

-Lilly Ledbetter fair pay act passed.And again, you see this as a good thing? Telling employers what they have to pay people, based on what a bureaucrat decides? That's no way to run a business.

-Torture stopped.Yes, I worry that people who want to murder me aren't suffering any discomfort. NOT!

-DADT repealed.And lots of good people will leave the military as a result. Others will lose their careers when the tolerance nazis get done with them.

-Unemployment down from 10%.But not by much...that's the point.

-Private companies making record profits.I thought you guys considered thata bad thing?

-Stock market up to 11/12k from 7K.And now back down again.

-Record number of deportations of illegal aliens.Again, I thought you guys considered that a bad thing. I'd take it a lot more seriously if he didn't keep trying to sneak amnesty in through the back door.

-Improved benefits for Veterans.Besides the fact we have no money for that.

-BP made to pay for damages to NOLA.BP was one of Obama's biggest contributors. they got a pass.

You guys got a weird idea of "failure".

Here's my definition. It's the Reagan defintion. "Are you better off than you were four years ago?"

In my case, in the case of everyone I know, the answer is a resounding "no"!

I am better off than I was THREE years ago. And....if you are going to be honest......so are you. The economy is better now than it was when Obama took office. That is not even in question.

unless you actually look at his pathetic record.

9% unemployment
First downgrade of US credit in history.
$4.00 a gallon gasoline
4.5 trillion in new debt.
Lost the largest number of seats in Congress since 1938.

He should be happy he's not Japanese, he'd have been expected to fall on his sword by now.

Yeah..lets have a look.

Mocking in Red...

-Healthcare bill passed.-To bad it'll be declared unconstitutional.

-Dodd/Frank passed.Foxes watching the hens.

-Financial infrastructure rescued.Yes, Bush did that. Not that you'll give him credit.

-Osama bin Laden killed.Good thing Bush rebuilt the military to make that possible.

-Pirates killed.So what? besides, the pirates are still very much in business.

-No significant large scale terrorist attacks on the homeland.Hasn't been since 2001.

-Al Qaeda disrupted and practically destroyed.Again, happened on Bush's watch.

-Improved relations with other nations.Not really.

-SALT passed. So what?

-Lilly Ledbetter fair pay act passed.And again, you see this as a good thing? Telling employers what they have to pay people, based on what a bureaucrat decides? That's no way to run a business.

-Torture stopped.Yes, I worry that people who want to murder me aren't suffering any discomfort. NOT!

-DADT repealed.And lots of good people will leave the military as a result. Others will lose their careers when the tolerance nazis get done with them.

-Unemployment down from 10%.But not by much...that's the point.

-Private companies making record profits.I thought you guys considered thata bad thing?

-Stock market up to 11/12k from 7K.And now back down again.

-Record number of deportations of illegal aliens.Again, I thought you guys considered that a bad thing. I'd take it a lot more seriously if he didn't keep trying to sneak amnesty in through the back door.

-Improved benefits for Veterans.Besides the fact we have no money for that.

-BP made to pay for damages to NOLA.BP was one of Obama's biggest contributors. they got a pass.

You guys got a weird idea of "failure".

Here's my definition. It's the Reagan defintion. "Are you better off than you were four years ago?"

In my case, in the case of everyone I know, the answer is a resounding "no"!

Like I said..you guys got this weird and slippery world view. It's kinda like the meme you guys use when describing the financial meltdown as "washington's fault" for cutting regulations..that you didn't like in the first place.

And this is coming from a mindset that complains constantly about "situational ethics".

Gosh..physician heal thyself.

I am better off than I was THREE years ago. And....if you are going to be honest......so are you. The economy is better now than it was when Obama took office. That is not even in question.

Uh, no, it isn't. In 2008, my company employed 288 people when I stated working there.

Right now, our headcount is less than 150. No one expects us to be in business in a year.

I am making $5000 a year less than I made in 2008. I am not better off.

The economy is worse off than when he took office. It's a LITTLE better than the worst point it hit during his watch, but thanks to his policies, we are already backsliding from the little improvement we made in 2010.

You should get a second job, slacker.

BTW....you need to work with facts. The US economy is better off now than it was on January 20th, 2009. Period.

Last edited:
Like I said..you guys got this weird and slippery world view. It's kinda like the meme you guys use when describing the financial meltdown as "washington's fault" for cutting regulations..that you didn't like in the first place.

And this is coming from a mindset that complains constantly about "situational ethics".

Never said the problem was cutting regulations. The problem was not enforcing the ones in place and forcing banks to make loans to Johnny Foodstamp that he never should have gotten.

Obama has failed. this isn't a left or right thing. Every important stat is WORSE than when he took office. Every last one. becuase he shot some hapless pirate doesn't make up for the fact that businesses are fleeing these shores in droves...

Any Republican will be at a disadvantage for several reasons, one of the worst will be the inability to moderate their position, they are now confined to the narrow view of the fringe right and simply repeating the the same old bumper sticker slogans is not going to cut it.

Last edited:
Any Republican will be at a disadvantage for several reasons, one of the worst will be the inability to moderate their position, they are now confined to the narrow view of the fringe right and simply repeating the the same old bumper sticker slogans are not going to cut it.

They're booing his fat wife at NASCAR. Please, everyone is sick of Obama's shit right about now.

And Democrats are openly talking about DUmping Obama for Hillary, something that never would have even been whispered at six months ago.

Never said the problem was cutting regulations. The problem was not enforcing the ones in place and forcing banks to make loans to Johnny Foodstamp that he never should have gotten.

Obama has failed. this isn't a left or right thing. Every important stat is WORSE than when he took office. Every last one. becuase he shot some hapless pirate doesn't make up for the fact that businesses are fleeing these shores in droves...

Well he hasn't and he still is in the process of rebuilding after the devastation wrought by the Bush administration.

And by calling him a failure during this process is a little like calling the folks at the world trade center site, failures during their rebuilding effort.

In my book, you are only a failure during such processes when you give up. You know, like Sarah Palin did as governor.

That's failure.

I'll be honest, we're much worse off than we were three years ago. We actually came through the first part of this crash pretty good because we hand contracts in house. Now there are about 1/3 the contracts and if we have to work on a project that got stimulus money it costs us twice as much in the extra pay and paperwork required. So no I'm definitely not better off.

I'll be honest, we're much worse off than we were three years ago. We actually came through the first part of this crash pretty good because we hand contracts in house. Now there are about 1/3 the contracts and if we have to work on a project that got stimulus money it costs us twice as much in the extra pay and paperwork required. So no I'm definitely not better off.

Not true. The uneployment rate was 12% 3 years ago. Now, it is 9%.

i am better off than i was three years ago. And....if you are going to be honest......so are you. The economy is better now than it was when obama took office. That is not even in question.

i'll be honest, we're much worse off than we were three years ago. We actually came through the first part of this crash pretty good because we hand contracts in house. Now there are about 1/3 the contracts and if we have to work on a project that got stimulus money it costs us twice as much in the extra pay and paperwork required. So no i'm definitely not better off.

bullshit!

I really don't care who's 'better' in a debate. I'm more concerned with where the hell do we find someone who can actually lead the country... and, if we did, are there enough rational, thinking, Americans to vote that person into office.

What better way to find out who a candidate is than get them on stage and ask them questions? I can tell you that we won't find a real leader on the GOP landscape, I've seen them attempting to encourage voters to buy what they're selling.

Maybe we shouldn't attack the voters for the ineptitude of it's candidates.

I tend to take more interest in their previous decisions and record. That's just me. I don't do 'words' from politicians... I look at their records, their associations, their voting pattern, etc. I will watch the debates, but I don't pay much heed to promises from someone who's already been proven to lie to get what they want.

I attack voters for not demanding higher standards from our politicians. You might (or might not) defend a lying sack of shit, but I won't.

Yea, Obama hands down. On the other had, Newt would eat Obama for dinner.

How old are you ?

are you old enough to remember Newt in action?

He sticks his foot in his mouth all the time.

The man is very smart BUT he always pushes tooo far and ends up saying crap that makes people not like him.

A good example is his latest with the repealing child labor laws.

The man just has a deep down mean streak that he cant hide.

He will blow it and you wont be for him in 2 months

Not true. The uneployment rate was 12% 3 years ago. Now, it is 9%.

No, it wasn't. When Obama took office, it was a 7.8%, higher than the 6.7% when he won the election. Essentially, companies were shedding jobs at a faster rate once they knew Barry Welfare was coming.

It hit a height of 10.1% in October, 2009, but it hasn't really come down. The problem with the UE is that it's artificial, it only measures people who are looking for work, not the REal number of unemployed. Once a job seeker gives up, they stop counting him.

The real unemployment rate right now is close to 22%, if you count those who've given up, are only taking part time work, etc.

I really don't care who's 'better' in a debate. I'm more concerned with where the hell do we find someone who can actually lead the country... and, if we did, are there enough rational, thinking, Americans to vote that person into office.

What better way to find out who a candidate is than get them on stage and ask them questions? I can tell you that we won't find a real leader on the GOP landscape, I've seen them attempting to encourage voters to buy what they're selling.

Maybe we shouldn't attack the voters for the ineptitude of it's candidates.

I tend to take more interest in their previous decisions and record. That's just me. I don't do 'words' from politicians... I look at their records, their associations, their voting pattern, etc. I will watch the debates, but I don't pay much heed to promises from someone who's already been proven to lie to get what they want.

I attack voters for not demanding higher standards from our politicians. You might (or might not) defend a lying sack of shit, but I won't.

who did you vote for last election?

By far President Obama. He's got an extremely fluid mind and actually listens to the points being made by his opponent. Romney has canned answers to everything. He looks good now because his opponents have been so bad. That..and people just don't like the guy. He lacks charm or personality.

Hold those debates with out a teleprompter and suddenly we find out Obama can read but can't speak coherently.

Forum List

Back