Who is better in a debate: Obama or Romney?

Who is better in a debate?

• Obama

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Romney

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Equal

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
Disregard which candidate you like more. Who has the better debating skills?

Honestly, I would say Obama.

Romney comes off like a weird Robot. He doesn't do the "i feel your pain" bit well. Obama does, even though he's causing most of it right about now.

Of course, given a choice between Obama, Romney and a sharp stick to the eye, I'd go with the sharp stick to the eye.

If you think about it, McCain beat Mitt up in his debates but Obama clobbered McCain.

By far President Obama. He's got an extremely fluid mind and actually listens to the points being made by his opponent. Romney has canned answers to everything. He looks good now because his opponents have been so bad. That..and people just don't like the guy. He lacks charm or personality.

Yea, Obama hands down. On the other had, Newt would eat Obama for dinner.

While it looks like Newt has a good apetite..I wouldn't say he was a cannibal.

And "how" exactly would Newt win against Obama. He's said some pretty preposterous things during the Republican debates.

Bernake the most "inflationary" fed chairman in history? Really?

If you think about it, McCain beat Mitt up in his debates but Obama clobbered McCain.

Actually, McCain was unimpressive during the REpublican debates, and he was unimpressive in the debates with Obama.

What happened in the GOP debates in 2008 was that Romney and Huckabee got into silly arguments about whether Jesus and Satan were sharing bunk beds on Planet Kolob, and Republicans gave that a WTF look and nominated McCain.

He then had three completely forgetable debates with the community organizer where you can't name a key moment during any of them without looking it up, and it didn't really matter because at that time, the economy was so fucked up, the Republican couldn't win, anyway.

Right now, the economy is so fucked up (even more so than in 2008) that Obama can't win even if Romney comes to the debate prancing about in his Magic underwear screaming, "I'm the King of my Own Spirit World!"

I still think that Romney is going to wiffle in the nomination process because most Republicans just don't like the guy. Either Newt will have legs or Perry will get a second look.

I really don't care who's 'better' in a debate. I'm more concerned with where the hell do we find someone who can actually lead the country... and, if we did, are there enough rational, thinking, Americans to vote that person into office.

I don't want a good debater as president. I want an effective leader. obama is a good orator and look at how he functions as a leader. Not worth a damn.

In spite of the criticism Obama receives from the wingnuts on teleprompter use etc, Obama lived a life in which you see things often as they really are. Vague comment, I know, but there is something about people who have moved in various areas of life that is lacking in those who started where they still stand. I think experience builds a background of information and flexibility in your thinking that is missing in ideologues. But in society there are always exceptions based on family values. And Romney's faith is unlike the fire and brimstone of that Vietnam vet preacher who saw lots too. So my bet is on Obama in words, but Romney in spite of his constant flip flopping to please the right wing ideologues, seems like a decent person. That's one reason the right is ambivalent about him, he may change his mind unlike the nitwits who sign 'forever pledges.'

I really don't care who's 'better' in a debate. I'm more concerned with where the hell do we find someone who can actually lead the country... and, if we did, are there enough rational, thinking, Americans to vote that person into office.

Well, that would be neither one of them, then.

Romney is as phooking worthless as a leader as Obama is. Maybe more so.

We said basically the same thing careful you might be called a wacko right winger.:lol:

The idea that Obama is not an effective leader is just dumb.

unless you actually look at his pathetic record.

9% unemployment
First downgrade of US credit in history.
$4.00 a gallon gasoline
4.5 trillion in new debt.
Lost the largest number of seats in Congress since 1938.

He should be happy he's not Japanese, he'd have been expected to fall on his sword by now.

What better way to find out who a candidate is than get them on stage and ask them questions? I can tell you that we won't find a real leader on the GOP landscape, I've seen them attempting to encourage voters to buy what they're selling.

Maybe we shouldn't attack the voters for the ineptitude of it's candidates.

9% unemployment
$4.00 a gallon gasoline

He should be happy he's not Japanese, he'd have been expected to fall on his sword by now.

Yeah..lets have a look.

-Healthcare bill passed.
-Dodd/Frank passed.
-Financial infrastructure rescued.
-Osama bin Laden killed.
-Pirates killed.
-No significant large scale terrorist attacks on the homeland.
-Al Qaeda disrupted and practically destroyed.
-Improved relations with other nations.
-SALT passed.
-Lilly Ledbetter fair pay act passed.
-Torture stopped.
-DADT repealed.
-Unemployment down from 10%.
-Private companies making record profits.
-Stock market up to 11/12k from 7K.
-Record number of deportations of illegal aliens.
-Improved benefits for Veterans.
-BP made to pay for damages to NOLA.

You guys got a weird idea of "failure".

9% unemployment
$4.00 a gallon gasoline

Yeah..lets have a look.

-Healthcare bill passed. against the will of the majority of the people
-Dodd/Frank passed. defending liars
-Financial infrastructure rescued. really? I don't think so
-Osama bin Laden killed. never wanted for 9/11 attacks
-Pirates killed. ok thats 1
-No significant large scale terrorist attacks on the homeland. but we have had test and small attacks
-Al Qaeda disrupted and practically destroyed. helped them in libya
-Improved relations with other nations. What help them laugh more?
-SALT passed.
Russians sure were glad to sign that treaty weren't they? what did we give up?
-Lilly Ledbetter fair pay act passed.
-Torture stopped.
Sure like gitmo is close
d
-DADT repealed.
Has it been approved yet?
-Unemployment down from 10%.
Not the real unemployment numbers
-Private companies making record profits.
-Stock market up to 11/12k from 7K.
-Record number of deportations of illegal aliens.
-Improved benefits for Veterans.
Really? not so sure on that
-BP made to pay for damages to NOLA.

You guys got a weird idea of "failure".

Weird how much bullshit you will believe about obama.

Last edited:

What better way to find out who a candidate is than get them on stage and ask them questions? I can tell you that we won't find a real leader on the GOP landscape, I've seen them attempting to encourage voters to buy what they're selling.

Maybe we shouldn't attack the voters for the ineptitude of it's candidates.

And look at what we have now. :lol::cuckoo:

Forum List

Back