Who is an American here?

Although I went to school in the US starting from kindergarten, my first language was Hungarian since that's what my parents spoke when I was a baby.
Hungarian seems to be one of the most difficult modern languages
boh.gif

It is...think the alphabet has 46 letters, lol. You should see my last name, nobody has pronounced right in ever.

I always get, how do you say your last name...or they'll try and ask if they said it right...it's gotten so tiresome that no matter what they say...I answer "yes".

I'll just give a hint...this is my married last name, my husband was Hungarian and left Hungary in 1956.

First 2 letters of my last name are Cs.

Although I went to school in the US starting from kindergarten, my first language was Hungarian since that's what my parents spoke when I was a baby.
boh.gif

It is...think the alphabet has 46 letters, lol. You should see my last name, nobody has pronounced right in ever.

I always get, how do you say your last name...or they'll try and ask if they said it right...it's gotten so tiresome that no matter what they say...I answer "yes".

I'll just give a hint...this is my married last name, my husband was Hungarian and left Hungary in 1956.

Hi CeeCee :bye1:
I've found out this word megszentségteleníthetetlenségeskedéseitekért in Hungarian means "for your [plural] repeated pretending to be indesecrable" :ack-1:

Hungarian language - Wikipedia

:biggrin:

boh.gif

I've found out this word megszentségteleníthetetlenségeskedéseitekért in Hungarian means "for your [plural] repeated pretending to be indesecrable" :ack-1:

Ha ha, Ive never heard that used in a sentence, nor did I know what it meant but...I can pronounce it. :)

boh.gif

Ha ha, Ive never heard that used in a sentence, nor did I know what it meant but...I can pronounce it. :)
icon_mrblue.gif

I had to go to a special preschool to learn English.

boh.gif
I heard Russian and Chinese (Mandarin) are the most difficult.

Russian sounds a lot like Greek to me -- very similar.

Chinese sounds like a bunch of ducks quacking.

Forum List

Back