Who invented Radio?

`
I have a general class amateur license and call letters. I finally got it a few months ago. Quite frankly I don't give a flying f___ who discovered or invented it. That's a guy thing.
`
`

Officially it is believed that Marconi and Edison's work ...

But in fact, Radio invented the Russian Engineer Popov

Why?

What role did the vacuum tube have in development of the radio, and what do they do?

You need an amplifier to create a radio circuit, both in the transmission, reception, demodulation and detection (stripping of the intelligence off of the carrier). The triode tube was the first such device, taking a small weaker incoming signal to modulate a space charge to form a much higher voltage analog at the output.

It has been a long time but I believe there was a court case over who developed the triode.

Yeah, apparently there was, between Lee DeForest (American) and some Austrian guy who both independently invented the triode valve at about the same time, and Fleming himself, a Brit, who pioneered the first diode valve before that. Of course, a diode has no gain, merely biases on and off a pass-thru AC signal such as for rectification. I've always understood that DeForest was the triode's inventor and maybe he ultimately won because the Austrian only lived a few short years later. Still, it was an uneventful occurrence until maybe another 5-10 years later when someone finally realized the potential of a "resistor with gain" and thus was born the electronic age.

`
I have a general class amateur license and call letters. I finally got it a few months ago. Quite frankly I don't give a flying f___ who discovered or invented it. That's a guy thing.
`
`

I bet my tube is bigger than your tube! :p Yeah, its probably a guy thing to those of us who actually design and build their own circuits. You just like USING the stuff.

Officially it is believed that Marconi and Edison's work ...

But in fact, Radio invented the Russian Engineer Popov

Why?
Russians have doubtlessly contributed muc to mankind, but you're begining to sound as patently absurd as those blacks who claim that civilization and science came from sub-Saharan Africa..

It gets silly pretty quick.

Russians have doubtlessly contributed muc to mankind
The death of TENS OF MILLIONS of innocent human lives for a Police State
Oh ffs. Of course they did. You cannot judge a peoples on the actions of a few men any more than you can judge Germanyis contributions to mankind by including Hitler and Himmler and omitting the likes of Bismark and Einstien.

That's just stupid.

Oh ffs you can judge a Nation for ALL of it's "contributions." Statism kills wherever it's instituted

`
`
`
They still have ham radio? I did that in my teens.

Do they still have the Morse code requirement? 13 wpm for the general when I was in it.

Last edited:
This OP acts like he is from North Korea where they are full of brainwashed alternative facts.

I bet the OP thinks Putin was born on the top of the tallest mountain under the most beautiful sunrise...

Forum List

Back